“A superb hotel in Bangkok”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #20 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I recently stayed at the Metropolitan for almost a week with a friend on a holiday visit to Thailand. We considered several hotels but we eventually decided on the Metropolitan mainly because of its excellent and very competitive promotional rate and perfect location in the city. We were not disappointed. This hotel is one of the best I have visited. It is elegantly designed on a minimalist theme. The level of service is consistently slick and the staff are friendly and helpful at all times. There is definitely a 'nothing is too much trouble' attitude from the entire workforce which is unusual in most hotels.

We had a twin room which was huge and an equally big bathroom. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the room service, we felt, was exceptional. Breakfast was a treat everyday and the pool service is very attentive. The remarkable feature was that although the hotel was fairly full, the rooms were incredibly quiet. I had the best nights' sleep I have ever had in any hotel.

Facilities are really good - very good sized swimming pool (another reason for our choice), great spa with some wonderful treatments on offer and a fantastic restaurant which is one of the best in the area. There is also a well equipped gym.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel - in fact when I go back to Bangkok I won't even bother considering anything else. I loved this hotel.

Room Tip: The Metropolitan rooms are the best. The city rooms seem smaller. The terrace rooms can be dark bu...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Dear hertstraveller_7,

Thank you for the glowing review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us at the Metropolitan by COMO.

I will be sure to share your kind words with my associates as I know how much they will enjoy they.

When your future plans include a return trip to Bangkok, I hope you will contact me directly as I would like to personally oversee your stay.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Metropolitan was introduced by my friend, an architect, emphasising that the hotel provides Alila Uluwata standard at almost 1/4 of the price. And how true was that.

Minimalist design, sleek and classy. Hotel is ultra clean too. Lobby music was soothing to the ears. Sitting at the lobby makes me feel a sense of calmness. Shuttle bus with free water is provided to Sala Daeng BTS daily.

Staff are professional, friendly and service are top notch. However, I think they are too used to service businessman and high class guests as they lacked a sense of warm in their hospitality.

Stayed in a City room, which is big and ultra spacious. Every possible room amenities were provided. Room view might not be for everyone as it's overlooking a condominium and you can actually see the daily lives of the people living opposite.

Pool access is a bit far as you would need to walk pass a restaurant and a spa area at the 2nd floor then take a lift again to the ground floor.

Was expecting a turndown service in the evening, but there was nil. Just received 2 bottles of water and an appreciation letter which was disappointing.

Overall this is a classy hotel and will certainly provide an excellent stay for every guest. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: City Room is big, nice & cozy
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear 10Batsu,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor about your stay at the Metropolitan Bangkok. We value you and your comments and are pleased you are part of the larger COMO Hotels and Resorts family.

I was saddened to read you did not receive turndown service and appreciate your bringing it to my attention. The second daily guest room service includes turndown, water and additional fruit as needed. It is a standard and hallmark of our service and amenities, and I regret it was not provided.

Please contact me directly when your plans include a return trip, as I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade. And, please thank your friend the architect as I am grateful to him to!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Paid a very low rate and value of accommodation was therefore good. Common spaces/amenities (lobby, fitness, pool) are faultless in their detail, lobby is faultless and nice design features. Do know that you must walk through/around a restaurant (breakfast/lunch/dinner) on the second floor to get to the pool/gym/spa - a bit odd. Room was less than expected, at low rate this was tolerable, however if looking for a flawless accommodation this may disappoint. Room was dark, low ceiling and showers, very damp/humid despite AC, level of bathroom cleanliness was poor and smelled, ‘terrace’ looks out into raised cement wall and is covered for shower privacy thus very little natural light in room (booked a terrace suite). Enjoyed a wonderful meal at in-house NAHM restaurant, evening cocktails and snack at MET were good but a high price, lunched at glow - surprised by great menu, large portions, at good prices. Hotel offers shuttle that runs every hour on the half hour (12:30, 1:30, 2:30) and will only drop you off at one metro station. Very good wi-fi, very good/fair laundry services and in-room dining. Banyan Tree Vertigo next door a nice convenience as well for great view and cocktails.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Evan H,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us.

We are happy you enjoyed dining at Nahm and appreciate your many kind words about our Hotel. I regret you didn't find the Terrace Suite to your liking yet appreciate the comments and welcome the feedback.

There are many other room types here and should your future plans include a return trip to Bangkok, I hope you will contact us directly to assist with your reservations.

MichaelRawson

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great staff and service. Excellent stay! I would highly recommend this hotel to others. The hotel room was a classic style and a good size. The staff were very helpful, kind and made us feel welcomed.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Tambuuuk,

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review on TripAdvisor. We are happy you enjoyed your visit and had such nice comments about the staff and service. I will be sure to pass them on to my colleagues.

I am very happy you described your stay as excellent and made note of our classic style and large rooms.

When your plans include a return to Bangkok, I hope you will contact me directly to oversee your accommodations.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was my 5th stay and still loved the perfect service, the great facilities and the lovely Cosmopolitan room. But there were a few minor issues which does not allow me to give 5*:
The shower head is very very low. That massive gorgeous bathroom needs a proper rain shower .
The quality of the breakfast has dropped significantly; especially the western a la carte items.
The hotel does not provide newspapers. I had to walk to the next newsstand.
Otherwise an almost perfect stay

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear AngmohofArabia,

Thank you for staying with us over the years and also for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and your business and it saddens me to know you know longer feel the Hotel is excellent.

I assure you I take your comments to heart and am taking steps to correct the deficiencies. I hope you will contact me directly as we can obtain any newspaper you would like and will have it for all your stays. We are evaluating different shower nozzles to provide a rain shower effect without wasting precious resources.

We look forward to welcoming you back and I hope to see you in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel- we just cannot fault. The quality of staff is second to none... We felt like royalty- nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were superb, and were cleaned twice a day. And the breakfast was impeccable- something for everything! Not only that, 'Nahm' the best restaurant in Asia is placed in this hotel as well! It is a definite must!! :)

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Grich18,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review on TripAdvisor about your visit.

I agree with you regarding my associates - they are second to none and I will be sure to pass your comments on to my colleagues.

We hope that you will let us know when your future plans include a return trip to Bangkok as we would be delighted to welcome you back to the Metropolitan by COMO.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Warm and genuine welcome
nice decorated lobby
sparten comfortable rooms, with all commodities available
2 great restaurant, service always friendly and great food ...great margarita at the Met bar and wonderful swimming pool, feels hard to leave and go into the streets, when you do so, the BTS train 10 minutes away is very convenient, plenty of bar restaurant on your way there ...Enjoyed it all, my new favourite hotel, when i come bangkok ...just go for it
Patrick

Stayed: August 2014
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear PBellanger1,

Thank you for your very kind and warm review on TripAdvisor. We are very happy you stayed with us and found so much to your liking. Nahm Restaurant is consistently voted amongst the best in the world, most recently Asia's No.1 restaurant in the 2014 poll sponsored by San Pellegrino & Acqua Panna.

We are delighted to know we are your favorite hotel in Bangkok and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,