I stayed in this sanctuary for 3 nights and it was such a haven to escape to after the hustle and chaos of BKK city. The traffic and heat were horrendous in May and knowing that I would be sleeping in the Metropolitan room at the end of my day, it made me feel very happy.
The rooms have great city views and are very spacious and modern but without being too contemporary. They are very big on ZEN so they have a meditation chair as well as yoga mats for personal use. Plenty of floor space also.
The thing that impressed me the most about this property are their bath robes! I have never experienced anything so luxurious. They are soft and silky on the outside but nice and wooly and comfy on the inside--apparently designed by Giorgio Armani.
Yes, their restaurant did win the best restaurant in Asia award so definitely has given them a lot of business. You do have to prebook in advance because Thais don't know how to block hours for reservations as yet, so they block the entire night out and hence it's always "fully booked" even if there are only a few people in there dining.
The breakfast is the BEST I had while in Asia for the whole month for work. They are very health conscious. The egg white omelette was amazing and the fluffiest I've ever had. The smoked salmon and avocado is delicious also!
The staff at this hotel are amazing and are there at your disposal.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for something unique and want to escape the busy city. It's calm and serene. Smells wonderful also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst 'glow' focuses on an nutritious COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your COMO Metropolitan Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel