I stayed at this property a few days before the election in Thailand thinking that its location would afford safety and quiet from the political protests bandied about in the international press. Fortunately, any social unrest did not occur near the Metropolitan, and the staff were ever mindful of their guests concerns and kept us updated on the best itineraries to avoid delays around the city.
The hotel is chic and glitzy, but also very comfortable and quiet, as it sits back from busy Sathorn Road. The Metropolitan Room I enjoyed was very spacious; fresh fruit was offered daily as was bottled drinking water. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and varied, catering for guests from many parts of the world. There is also an extensive room service menu with many offerings.
Check-in and check-out went smoothly, and there were no surprises on the bill. Overall, a very good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst 'glow' focuses on an nutritious COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your COMO Metropolitan Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel