“the best in Bangkok”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #17 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 5, 2013

looking for the best city retreat? Search no more. We found the best! tried them all. the food from Nahm is great, the gym is outstanding, even tried the free yoga course, the pool is good, the best venue for a WE retreat in busy Bangkok. will come back ASAP!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Fred B, your are really kind, thanks a lot for your great comment and we are really happy to know you have enjoyed your weekend at the Metropolitan. It was really nice having you with us.
With our great location, both options are easily available an intense weekend exploring the city or to escape from it completely and relax in our little peaceful and quiet oasis.
Hope to have you back very soon and please let me know if we can be of any assistance. Warm regards, Jorge Monje.

There are newer reviews for COMO Metropolitan Bangkok

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am blown away with the accommodations here. Not only is this the best maintained and cleanest hotel I could imagine, with a sleek and stylish design; the staff is the most courteous, diligent and thoughtful I have ever encountered. Every detail is exquisite! I received a cup of hot tea upon arrival:) The bedding is perfect. Great lighting; from the large windows as well as the subtle and relaxing lighting fixtures. They even have a mini flexible spot light for reading in bed.

I feel the staff in genuinely friendly and cares about the patrons having the most pleasant stay possible. On the first day I thought it was very thoughtful that upon leaving to take a short walk the bell hop made certain I had a hotel card, as to prevent any issues finding my way back. When I wanted to see a show just outside of town they went out of there way to make sure I had direction in both English and Thai. I could ramble on and on about the many details of why I am blow away by the staff.

They also have wonderful restaurants.

I have enjoyed many hotel from stays at The Sheraton, The Four Seasons, Smaller Resorts and I am happy to say The Metropolitan is at the top of my list!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Niko B, regards from your home in Bangkok and a very big thank you from our team. We have shared your comments and compliments with them and I'm sure they would be happy and encouraged.
We have enjoyed having you with us and really means a lot to us that you have so many good memories of your stay and trip to Bangkok, we are really grateful and hope to welcome you back home very soon.
Anything you may need from Bangkok, let us know, happy to be of assistance. Warm regards and a very happy day, Jorge Monje.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at the Metropolitan in Bangkok twice on my SE Asia trip, in late August - early September and in late September - early October. I like virtually everything about this hotel, but particularly the delicious breakfast, the gym and the pool. Service at the hotel is timely and excellent, staff presence sufficient but unintrusive. The only (very slight) negative (as I was on holiday rather than a business trip) is the location of the hotel in the business district of Bangkok, so there are not a lot of dining options in the immediate vicinity, but the metro and the Sky Train stations are both within a 10-minute walk, so it was pretty easy to get to other parts of town and there are lots of food places in Silom. I am particularly grateful to Mr Weerah, the concierge, who was extremely helpful and efficient. I would definitely stay at the Metropolitan again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear lola2317, we can't wait to have you back with us at the Metropolitan and we are really grateful for your visit and very kind comments.
All our team would be happy to read your comments and to know you have enjoyed their company and service and of course all those little and very important things that make the Metropolitan a very special place, like our Glow breakfast and the convenient and peaceful Gym and pool area.
Please let us know if we can be of help, hopefully we will be welcoming you back very soon. Warm regards, Jorge Monje

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very good staff and service. One of the best hotels I've ever been to. The spa is good, food at Glow also very good. Big and comfortable room with great amenities.
Close to sky train station.
We liked so much that we decided to stay 3 more days at the end of the trip!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FernandaBC
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear FernandaBC, regards from your home in Bangkok, we really hope to welcome you back soon for even a longer stay, we are sure that Bangkok keeps plenty more interesting secrets to be explored and discovered.
We have enjoyed having you with us and are very grateful for your visit and your very kind review, really appreciated.
Please should you need anything or hopefully on your next trip to Bangkok, let us know, happy to be of assistance. Warm regards, Jorge Monje.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The rooms are spacious and neat. The breakfast is simply awesome !!! The yogurts were delicious...so were the chocolate croissants. The staff is friendly and helpful. Although I didnt have any meals there apart from breakfast, I did order a Creme Brulee through room service. It was to die for :) Their bar/lounge is nice. I liked the cocktails there. If you want to have a quieter evening and not looking to venture on to the noisy streets/pubs/clubs of BKK, Met Bar is the place for you. All in all, it was a lovely stay. Pricey, yes - but worth it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank nm2149
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear nm2149, we have Loved having you with us, thanks a lot for your visit and your very kind review.
We are happy to know you had a nice stay and you have enjoyed the ambiance and our wonderful food and breakfast!, we will share with all our team.
Hopefully we will welcome you back soon, should you need anything from Bangkok, please let us know. Warm regards, Jorge Monje

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel for 3 times, because my friend loves this hotel so much. The most attracting point is the breakfast, it's so yummy, with a small buffet bar with fresh fruits, yogurt etc, then have a main dish, for girl is quite a big potion, therefore, we always took the breakfast a bit late then skip lunch. The room is very nice design, big & relaxing. Staff are friendly and helpful. Just the location is a bit far away from the BTS (skytrain), but it's acceptable distance. It is good for people that wants to have a relax trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Joesin A, regards from your home in Bangkok, always nice to have you back and happy to read you had another nice stay, on behalf of our team thanks a lot.
Thanks for all your good comments and feedback, our team will love to read your compliments and really happy you enjoy our Glow breakfast, indeed one of the best in the city.
Looking forward to welcome you back, please let us know if we can be of any help. Have a wonderful day, Jorge Monje

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed in the first stage of our honey moon and it was a wonderful option. Perfectly located, great rooms and and a brilliant service.

The General Manager makes the visit to BKK even more pleasant with his advices and suggestions.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Javio81

Dear Javio81, greetings and a big thank you from all of us at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok.
We have enjoyed having you both with us and makes us very happy that your honeymoon started well and you had enjoy these days in Bangkok and the Metropolitan, hopefully your memories will keep you smiling for a very long time and we would love to welcome you back for a revival trip very soon.
Please anything you may need from Bangkok, let us know. Warm regards, Jorge Monje