“MattUK”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #17 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed feb 2013. This was my 5th time in the hotel. The Metropolitan really stands out from the crowd. It's beautifully designed; really contemporary interiors with lots of light and space. The staff are marvellous and are efficient, warm and friendly without overwhelming you - a tough balance to strike. The pool and gym are excellent. The location is also good - walking distance to Silom, lumphini park and a short taxi ride to the river/paragon shopping area.

Two tips: 1 - the Met is right beside the banyon tree hotel. Sometimes taxi drivers don't know where the Met is so its a useful reference. In addition, the banyon tree has a roof top bar (on the sixty something floor) so go for a drink at sun set. 2 - stayed in a city room last year as it was a bit cheaper. These rooms are about half the size of the Met rooms so, if you can, spend the little amount extra for a Met room; it's more than worth it.

Thanks once again to the staff. Looking forwards to seeing you next year!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Matthew T, it was really nice to have you back with us, thanks for your kind words to our team, I'm sure the will love to know that after all your visits you keep enjoying their company and service.
Thanks for the great comments and feedback, you are right, while our city rooms are very comfortable and nice, our Metropolitan Room is probably the largest of its category in Bangkok and as you've mentioned the rate different isn't much, a great value and makes for a very comfortable stay.
Looking forward to have you back, please let us know if we can be of any assistance, stay well. Jorge Monje.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Staying here again after my holiday in Samui from the 18th till 20th March 2013. I stay here every year, sometimes they remember me and I get a nice fruit basket other years they don't. Its the only place I stay in BKK, from the staff to the soap its amazing. If my wishes come true the best breakfast in the world will be served back downstairs on the terrace by the pool. Can't wait to get back to my home in Bangkok!!

Room Tip: Get a Met room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LondonRyanUK
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear LondonRyanUK, warm regards from your home in Bangkok, we are all looking forward to have you back.
You have us all laughing with your comment about being good from the Staff to the Soap, nice and cute of you, we really appreciate your friendship and are very grateful for your kind comments and it means a lot to us that you enjoyed our service and staying with us.
Let me see what we can do about breakfast. Warm regards Jorge Monje

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights. The hotel is classy modern, no fuss, clear clean design. The room I stayed is very cozy, warm and relaxing, the bed was great and very comfortable. The service immaculate and the staff is very friendly. I did a spa treatment and it was very good and relaxing A great hotel to relax, chill out and reenergise from the bustling city. Very good value for money!

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear langpierre, happy to know you have enjoyed your stay and feel at home with us at the Metropolitan.
On behalf of our team thanks a lot, we are grateful for your visit and very kind comments.
We are a good escape and hideaway in this bustling Bangkok, offering full access to everything out there and the perfect place to relax when it all becomes a little too much, a great, fun mix.
Would be great to have you back, please let us know if we can be of any help. Warm regards, Jorge Monje.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

True to the warm and gracious Thai hospitality, the staff at the Metropolitan are very accommodating, helpful and very warm. The hotel is approximately less than an hour from the airport (dependent on time of day) and a limo ride will cost around B1,000.

Upon check-in, I realized I was given a room right off the elevator and I requested for one farther to avoid the noise. The staff accommodated my request promptly and provided me with another. The room is good-sized and the amenities in the room are very good and quite extensive (eg slippers, coffee, etc). They also leave fresh fruits in the rooms daily.

Breakfast at Glow was very good, contrary to other comments made on this site. There's quite an extensive choice on buffet and main dishes are made ala carte and part of the breakfast. The food also feels "healthier" than other hotel breakfast buffets.

I had a massage in the spa to shake off my jet lag and the therapist was excellent.

Staff saw me looking at a map and came over to give guidance and suggestions on where to go without any prompting. Excellent staff!

My only minor comment will be for management to check into some tiles that are broken or stained that need repairing - both in the bathroom and in the men's lockers (specifically the steam room).

I checked out at 4 am to catch a flight and the early morning staff were very attentive (at that time of the day!) as well and provided me with a breakfast box to go! It was a very nice touch.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Anonymous8, greetings from the land of smiles and Metropolitan Bangkok. On behalf of all of us thanks a lot for your very kind review and good feedback.
We have enjoyed having you with us, as you know and mentioned Thai People are beautiful and with a very nice and hospitable personality, at Metropolitan Bangkok we are very privileged to have a wonderful and warm team of associates. I'm sure all of them will be happy and encourage by your comments.
I'm glad they have been accommodating and helpful and that you have enjoyed your stay and their company and service.
Thanks for the good comment on the steam room tiles, we are checking on it as I write, really appreciated.
We hope to have you back soon, anything you may need, please let us know. Warm regards, Jorge Monje.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Beautiful hotel in great location. Good value for discriminating travelers. Room service, excellent food for reasonable prices. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. This hotel was recommended by friends and they were not wrong. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ranger93433, warm regards from your home in Bangkok. We love to welcome many of our regular friends and their friends back to the Metropolitan, we strive to be a home away from home and it makes us happy that many of them feel this way. Welcome to the family.
Happy to know you have had a nice stay, I do agree we are a beautiful hotel in a good location and definitely a very good quality and value.
We have really enjoyed having you with us, thanks a lot for your visit and your very kind comments. Looking forward to see you and welcome you back soon. Warm regards, Jorge Monje

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed on night in a twin room with breakfast. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the service was exemplary. On arrival I advised the check staff that my daughter would be leaving the hotel to go the airport before me, the member of staff not only organised the car, but also ensured that, as my daughter would be leaving before 6.00am, that they will organise a takeaway breakfast. My daughter was talked through selection and collection of her breakfast and collected it the morning wonderful packed. The rooms and bathrooms are large and contemporary. There is a swimming pool - did not go down to the pool area but had a pool view from the room. The breakfast was excellent. There is a buffet and also a la carte - a great selection of cooked breakfast available on the menu. The hotel is located just off a very busy road in the business district. It is a 10 minute walk to the sky train and the night market and some good shopping en route. The Met is also worth a visit on the Friday night we visited, there was entertainment in the way of a guitarist and singer - very good. For style, service and food, this hotel is definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not overlook the pool are quieter as they also face the busy road.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Booze-susie-blue
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Booze-susie-blue, greetings from bustling Bangkok and all of us at the Metropolitan.
Thanks a lot for your very kind review, we are happy to know both you and your daughter have enjoyed your stay and found our service nice and accommodating.
We will share your comments with all our team and hope to have the chance to welcome you back very soon, as you've mentioned we are privileged with a peaceful location, but yet within easy access to most ares of interest and plenty of interesting options within walking distance, together with the warmth and friendliness of our team, make us a very good based to explore and discover this interesting city. Warm regards, Jorge Monje

Reviewed February 24, 2013

OK, I gave 5* to this hotel... let's start with only (minor) negative comment I have to make: the gym is awesome, very well appointed, each treadmill have a TV on the side, empty most of the time and spacious. It is on the 2nd floor inside the spa area. Problem is nobody attends to whoever is in the gym. I went there 3 times for 1hr to 1hr30, nobody came and check on me if I need something, water, tower... and unlike other common area, no CCTV in the gym, so my point is... if anything happens to you while inside, you're on your own. Worse, once I was running on the treadmill, a staff came clear the used towels, I asked him for extra water and he ran away... bad.
Sadly, the same happens in most hotels...
OK, that's it for the negative...

I love the deco, common areas and room.
Chic modern sleek deco.
Room is gorgeous, not the boring carpeted type but dark wooden flooring, very tastefully furnished and relaxing - and quiet too. Bed is hard which I like, big and comfy
Good quality toiletries (unlike Sheraton for example)
Overall the staff are smiling and very courteous. I had a button to stich on one of my clothes, it was done within 1hr with a smile and sent back to my room.
Staff smiling and helpful
The free wifi is very powerful and covers not only the rooms (very strong signal) but all common areas. If you're staying a few days, the validity of the password is tied to your room booking, so no need to re-log in/re-enter your details every day.
Overall, great experience for a good price (3,700/night).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Frog_Singap, greetings from Metropolitan Bangkok. I would like to thank you for your visit and for your nice review and very useful feedback, really appreciated.
Please on behalf of all of us accept my apology on regards to the lack of service at our Gym, I'm sure that your comment will be of great assistance to our team and hopefully we can avoid similar situations in the future, definitely not the kind of hospitality and service we aim to provide.
I'm glad that, overall, you had a very nice stay and have enjoyed our facilities and the friendliness of our staff.
Hopefully all contributed to a pleasant stay and productive trip. We would be very happy to welcome you back soon, please should you need to come back or need anything from Bangkok, let us know, happy to be of assistance. Warm regards. Jorge Monje