“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #17 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
New York City, New York
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out they were fantastic. The rooms are spacious and clean. The Hotel management team was effective and efficient and went out of their way to make sure my stay was stress free. Looking forward to stay at this Hotel on my next trip to Bangkok!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Anadjib82, Looking forward to welcome you back very soon. On behalf of all of us at Metropolitan thanks a lot for your very nice review.
We are very grateful for your visit and happy you have enjoyed your stay at Metropolitan and the company and service of our team, we will share your comments with all of them and I'm sure they will encourage us to continue to do better everyday.
Anything you may need from Bangkok, please let us know. Warm regards, Jorge Monje

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel as part of a business meeting. From the minute I entered this lovely, modern and serene hotel, to the moment I left, it was an absolutely amazing experience.

Yes, the rooms are huge, well equipped and simple modern. The wi-fi is easy to connect and super fast. The bathroom products are ones you want to take home. But the best part of staying here is THE FOOD and THE SERVICE!

Living in China, It's hard to find someone who can make me a short macchiato. I tentatively asked for one at my first visit to breakfast. YES! they got it, and made me a killer coffee. The best thing was, that every morning for the next 6 days, when I went to breakfast, they asked me "Shall I make you your macchiato??".

I won't go on about the service, but suffice to say, the experience at every point with the Metropolitan team was the very same standard. Welcoming, personal, just plan unique!

Onto food. No, I didn't get time to dine at Nahm. But the Hotel food at Glow, the snacks at the Met Bar and the Room Service was exceptional. Beautifully cooked and presented, delicious Asian and Thai flavours. This is the first hotel that I have ever stayed in where I have looked forward to Room Service in my room.
And Glow has the most delicious breakfast I have ever had.

I can't wait to take my family back, en-route to some lovely beach resort, just so they can experience the amazing experience at this fine hotel.

Oh, and one other lovely thing.....the freezing cold lemongrass scented facetowels in the Gym are such a great touch after a workout!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but a view over the pool is nice!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Libby S, greetings from your home in Bangkok, we have really enjoyed having you and your colleagues with us and we are very grateful for your visit and your very kind comments.
I'm sure all the team will be happy to read your detailed feedback and being encourage by your compliments.
It does mean a lot to all of us that you have enjoyed their company and service, we are very privileged at Metropolitan with a team of beautiful caring persons, happy to know they've make a difference.
Our kitchen team will be happy as well, food it is extremely important to all COMO Hotels and Resorts and lots of love and care comes into it, not matter where, as you've mentioned from the privacy of your room service meals to any of our very renowned restaurants.
We would be delighted to welcome you back with your family very soon, please let me know if we can be of any assistance at any time, happy to help with all the arrangements.
Meanwhile we send you our warmest regards, Jorge Monje
Fareham
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Warm greetings on arrival after a long flight was very much appreciated. The Metropolitan atmosphere was one of calm and quiet efficiency which we have noticed is the philosophy of the Como group of hotels. Attention to detail was very apparent. Well appointed extremely comfortable accommodation in ultra modern surroundings but able to experience that feeling of home from home. A superb Thai meal at the Nahm restaurant was something that will stay in our memory for a long time. Wonderful service and beautifully presented. Altogether an enjoyable, relaxing stay in a bustling city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear n1gdn,
Greetings from your home away from home! On behalf of all of us at Metropolitan Bangkok I would like to thank you for staying with us in such special occasion, congratulations and lots of happiness to you both.
It means a lot to us that you have enjoyed your stay and that your meal at Nahm will be a long time memory, we will be happy to welcome you back soon, should those memories fade only a little.
Please anything you might need from this bustling Bangkok, let us know, happy to be of assistance. Warm regards, Jorge Monje
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Ratthanin of Glow Restaurant is one perfect example of a hotel employee who would go the extra mile to make a customer happy and yes, he indeed made me so so happy tonight! Was feeling a little under the weather so I went to Glow to have an early dinner. Was going through the menu but then all I wanted to eat was fried fish with steamed white rice and chili sauce on the side plus of course, Singha beer. Unfortunately it is not in the menu of the restaurant so I was just talking to Ratthanin about what I wanted to eat and here he goes saying - please let me check with our kitchen and he comes back to me beaming and saying yes, they can serve me what I want! And yes, they did - I had perfectly deep fried seabass served on a bed of fresh bean sprouts and sliced cucumber with my chili dipping sauce on the side and ice-cold Singha! and to top it with sticky rice with sweet luscious mango for dessert!!! What can I say except thank you Ratthanin for such a wonderful meal and for making me so so happy!

Room Tip: Metropolitan Room - very spacious and I love the hardwood floors!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Marosales,
Greetings from all of us at Metropolitan Bangkok, thanks a lot for letting us know that Ratthanin put a "Glow" in your evening!! He will be happy to here and it makes me extremely proud to know he and the team were able to cater to your needs, this business is all about you, about what our friends and guests may need.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to share with us and I do hope it encourages us to continue to do better.
Please anything you may need, let us know, happy to be of assistance.
Kind regards, Jorge Monje
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Once you step into the hotel, it is pure zen. It's like stepping into a spa. Unbelievably quiet, spa music, pure minimalist ambience. Given the hustle and bustle of Bangkok, I looked forward to my return to the hotel after a tiring day at work.

Nahm, their inhouse Thai resto, is yummy. Their breakfasts, one of a kind. Only one serving of a hot dish, but hey, not that I can eat anything more. Their salad bar is amazing. Yummy avocado salad with cheese. Free flow coconut juice!

Service is outstanding. I told a staff member just in passing that it surprised me they had free flow coconut juice during breakfast and there is nothing for sale in Nahm. The next day the manager chased after me as I was leaving the breakfast table to apologize! I laughed and said it was a curious comment. Nothing else. They take their job seriously which in effect leads to outstanding service.

Upon checkin I told them the specific facing I want. They said no room was available and told me to have lunch first and they'll sort it out. They gave me the facing I wanted. It's only after a day that I realized they have upgraded me! Such amazing low key service!

Their room is a bit spartan but everything is so nice. I'll be back.

• Stayed August 2012
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear bankergirl1016,
Greetings from your home away from home in Bangkok. It is nice to know that you look forward to come back to the hotel after a busy day at work.
Indeed I think we are a little peaceful oasis in the middle of this non stopping city, a serene place to relax but yet so close to everything Bangkok has to offer.
Thanks a lot for your kind comments on our staff, our food, really appreciated and we will share with our team.
On behalf of all of us I would like to thank you for your visit, we are all looking forward to have you back very soon, please let us know if we can be of any assistance on advance.
Kind regards, Jorge Monje.
Yarm
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel is great! The staff are very helpful and polite and nothing was too much trouble.The room was lovely and modern with a nice firm big bed. The view we had was overlooking the pool and the city and we were really happy with this room.
Breakfast was a yummy affair each morning especially the freshly made yoghurt and coulis.
We went to the Met bar on 2 different occasions expecting great things as the Met bar in London is so well known so we just assumed it would have the same buzzy atmosphere. It didnt, it had about 8 members of staff to at most 8 customers, it was empty. Saying this the cocktails were delicious though. We had room service one night and ordered a feast of Thai dishes, it was gorgeous so we thought Nahm would also be amazing so we booked in for our last night. We were disapointed and couldnt even find a starter we liked. We are not fussy eaters. What we had was nice but struggled to find something we liked.
I would reccommend going next door to the Vertigo bar on the 61st floor of the Banyan Tree hotel. We had a superb 5 course meal with wine and cocktails. The view is amazing and worth paying a little extra. It was our most expensive meal while in Bangkok at £170 but worth every penny!
Overall lush hotel, staff was great and started our honeymoon off brilliantly!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pinwins
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Pinwins,
Greetings from all of us at Metropolitan Bangkok, we would like to thank you for your visit and very nice comments, it means a lot to us that your stay has been a good start to your honeymoon.
We wish you both lots of happiness and fun.
We take great pride on our food at Metropolitan and all COMO Hotels and honestly I think it is outstanding from Room Service, as you mentioned to our Nahm restaurant which has recently been voted Top 50 restaurant in the world by the San Pellegrino list.
Nahm's food is a very old traditional Thai cuisine hardly done any more, hence difficult to compare or have tried before, sorry we didn't manage to advise or suggest better so you would have a more enjoyable experience.
Please anything you might need from us at anytime, let me know, looking forward to have you back in the future. Kind regards, Jorge Monje
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Having heard great things about the Metropolitan from friends, I was eager to try it. It exceeded my expectations. Very personal attention from staff, lovely facilities (modern style), very clean, great food, and terrific spa. Could not have been a better weekend. And, on top of all that, a fabulous value. The Metropolitan is my new favorite hotel in Bangkok, displacing the Mandarin Oriental.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Helen C,
Greetings from your home in Bangkok. We have enjoyed having you with us and would like to thank you for your visit.
Your very kind comments mean a lot to all of us, we are really happy you have enjoyed your stay and thanks for your compliments on the team, the food, the spa, all of them really important to every one of us at COMO Hotels and at the Metropolitan, glad to know it has made a difference.
You are too kind and we would love to welcome you back very soon.
Please let us know if we can be of any assistance. Warm regards, Jorge Monje