“Fantastic value”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #25 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Second stay at The Metropolitan and both have been excellent. The rooms are fairly minimalist and some might find them a little bit bland, but I liked them - nothing super exciting but spacious and comfortable. Go for the Metropolitan Room above the City Room.

The bar by reception is excellent and they do some great cocktails.

Also ate at Nahm this time which was really great. Highly recommend it.

Breakfast at Glow is probably my favourite in Bangkok. Very healthy orientated and the restaurant is a great place to start the day - with an egg white omelette and a healthy shake! Very relaxing setting.

The location of the hotel is pretty good - you can just pop over to the Banyan Tree and go to Vertigo, the rooftop bar for amazing city views. The BTS is 10 minutes walk away.

The Metropolitan is really great value and for anyone looking for a sophisticated, sleek, modern hotel with great service - Metropolitan is hard to beat.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JasmineHolidays
Met_BKK, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Metropolitan.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. At our hotel, we focus on offering a stylish yet comfortable room for our guests together with savvy service.

We also take pride in offering the best food and beverage in all our outlets. I am glad that you liked your cocktail at the Met Bar and the food at Nahm and Glow.

Once again, thank you for your patronage. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,043)

Reviewed November 11, 2011

The stay in the Metropolitan Hotel in Bangkok was an absolute pleasure. The spa is stunning and very relaxing. The pool is clean and large. The rooms are clean and huge, The bathroom is large enough to accommodate several people if necessary!! The size of the bed is also humongous. Food was well prepared and good. Only one negative point: The bread at the breakfast buffet was moldy.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Phoenixber

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at the Metropolitan on Tripadvisor.
I am happy to know that you had a great time with us and enjoyed our facilities. I wish to inform that our bread is freshly made on a daily basis. However, I have discussed the issue with our chef for further improvements.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Metropolitan Bangkok is off a main road, adjacent to the Banyan Hotel. The hotel is kept very clean, including the rooms. The room sizes are quite large, with plenty of natural light. I found the restaurant options top-notch, providing excellent, fresh food. Glow offers organic food options in a relaxed, yet simple setting. I give the facilities and restaurants five starts. My experience with the service was not consistent. I found some of the staff very gracious and friendly, whereas other staff members seemed to not care about customers - almost even a bit cool.

Room Tip: Try the Metropolitan rooms - excellent value!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank D M

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken note on your comment on the service by some of our staff and will discuss with operation team to ensure service improvement as we take pride in delivering the best to guests.

I am sorry for the shortcoming that you have experienced. My team and I look forward to another opportunity to be of service.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is my 4th stay! Simply love the impeccable service provided by those staff from the Front Desk; and Housekeeping! Love the different types of martinis available at the bar too! And most importantly, love the breakfast at GLOW and the staff there - superb! I have been recommending the hotel to my friends; and they simply LOVE it (for those who had stayed here) though they said it is not really located at a convenient location! But, it is a mere 10 minutes taxi ride to Siam Square at a very affordable fare of 60bht. - Johnny Lin from Singapore

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a window in your huge bathroom!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BB2015LWT

Dear Mr Lin,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Metropolitan Bangkok.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your our room, our food & beverage as well as our service. Your kind comment will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

Once again, thank you for your patronage. My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to our hotel.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Set back of the road, this hotel is sensational. From its minimalist foyer, to the friendly and chic front of house staff. The rooms large, and lots of room to relax, nice bathrooms. The pool is huge, and the service excellent poolside enticing you to languish in the sunshine until late afternoon, after a morning of shopping. 3 things we suggest you must do while staying here. First, head next door to the Banyan Tree and head up to the top floor outdoor bar, and check out Bangkok as the sun goes down (Boys were shoes, no thongs or sandals.) Go to Nahm, David Thompson's Thai restaurant. Excellent food, and very reasonably priced. Again minimalist decor. Finally head to the market on Sunday, jump on the Metro. Do not listen to anyone trying to tell you it doesn't open until later, they will be trying to sell you a boat ride or a visit to their friend's shop. Trust the hotel staff.

Room Tip: We chose the larger room, and it was huge. The hotel is off the street so no noise impacts in any r...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ExoticLulu

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience in Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to know that you had a good time with us at the Metropolitan Bangkok. I have shared your kind comment with our team.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Metropolitan and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed two nights, the finale to a two week vacation in Vietnam and Thailand. There was a gorgeous plate of fruit in our room and tea service service upon arrival which was a nice touch. We really liked the minimal decor and the comfortable platform bed.

The hotel itself is really tranquil as everyone says amidst all the chaos of Bangkok. It does seem catered toward business travelers which is fine with me as I hate being stuck with a ton of clueless tourists. The location is great and we found it relatively easy to walk to the skytrain nearby with lots of local activity including sidewalk food vendors and nearby street markets which makes the area more lively with locals rather than tourists. The hotel gym is excellent and you get access to the spa changing rooms with a hot pool and sauna as a hotel guest which was fantastic!

We had breakfast at Glow which was very tasty, we particularly loved the corn cake and the porridge dishes, the coffee being too weak but the espresso was fine. We had dinner at Nahm and it's good but didn't blow our socks off. The canapes were really thoughtout and wonderful, but the main dishes we ordered were not anything special. It was still an excellent experience and when in Bangkok, you should go! I definitely stay here again when I'm in Bangkok.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trav001

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Metropolitan Bangkok.

It is pleasure to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I have passed your kind comment on the breakfast at Glow and dinner at Nahm to our Chef.

I hope to welcome you back to our oasis in the heart of Bangkok again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed October 20, 2011

On a business trip to the Himalayas that involved a stopover in Bangkok,my husband and I found ourselves in the city in the middle of the terrible recent flooding. Not only was the Metropolitan in the only protected zone, but the hotel itself has the feel of a sanctuary in the lively chaos that is Bangkok proper. The staff was flawlessly attentive, and provided regular updates on the flooding situation. Our room was stunningly spacious and elegant its browns-on-cream motif suited both masculine and feminine sensibilities. I adored the spa, and a massage given by a Thai woman named "Ann" was one of the best of my life, deep but graceful -- I don't know how she did it! The superb highlight was our anniversary dinner at the hotel's fine restaurant, nahm, created by world-renowned Aussie-Thai chef David Thompson, author of the monumental tribute to classical Thai cooking, Thai Food, and its sister, Thai Street Food. Trust us that you have never experienced Thai cuisine with such depth of flavor, exquisite composition and almost unbelievable freshness -- they make their own coconut milk in-house! Our flight back to the States routes through Bangkok again, and we're ready to face the floods to have one more dinner at nahm. Five Stars all around.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank RollAroundHeaven

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at the Metropolitan Bangkok.

My team and I are happy to know that you had a good stay with us, despite the flooding in some areas of Bangkok. Your kind comment will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the massage by Khun Ann, our therapist. I will personally thank her for her exceptional service.

Thank you for choosing Nahm on your special occasion. I will also pass your great comment to our Nahm team too.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip before returning home. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon.