2,297 results
All reviews flow bar khun bee coffee club swimming pool convenience store bedroom apartment fitness center washing machine free shuttle nice pool breakfast buffet living area home away from home shuttle service shopping mall bts station taxi
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

On check-in I was served a cheap mocktail by this 4-star hotel. Then refused by staff and manager to use my Master Card to pay for room and only option given was to pay cash. Because it was 1:30am and had travelled 18hrs my only option was to hand over the money. I was shocked and 3 days when I had to extend stay by 1 day was charged by staff using same Master Card. This left me dangerously short of cash in a foreign country to buy food locally so had to use establishments instead of street vendors who use cash, not cards. A true 4-star hotel does not refuse MasterCard and demand cash folks.

Then when reading the breakdown of my stay keaen that the room rates are charged differently for each day stayed.
Day 1 was 4,800, Day 2 was 2,800, Day 3 was 2,200. They dont tell you this before you book a 3-day stay, so if you arrive late on first day your rate is exorbitant and not worth paying 250% of normal rate.

On opening room door you are greeted by air that is hotter than outside, Aircon is switched off each day by cleaning staff, very uncomfortable.

The rooms are old and worn. Shower over bath trickles out so you are hunched under it standing as close to the end of bath as possible to get wet. The carpets are worn, the fridge is 20yrs old. Tbe kitchette had no no power plugs so you boil water on floor next to bathroom for nearest power outlet.
They provide your room with just 3 tiny coffee sachets per day when 1 sachet is not enough for a coffee this means 1 drink only per day.
It's nice they provide a USB charging station near bedside. Bedside light flickers on and off so cannot use.
There is no light in ceiling of room so you either turn on kitchette light plus flickering bedside light plus TV area light to see, or you are in the dark.
Location is in residential area not close to anything for tourists, no temples or markets within walking distance and area not famous for tourists. You know its local when there are no TukTuks or other tourists around the neighborhood. We visited the Oyster Bar they described as amazing but for 4,500 you eat thawed out seafood none are fresh and even the pasta was plain and very undercooked. Locals dont eat there which is a bad sign.
I return to this same area in 4 days time as new friend lives and works closeby and yet I will book another hotel, not the Chatrium Residence after this experience.

Elevator near my room woke me up each night several times loud noises, and was out of order on my last 2 days...room was on 10th floor! Be careful if you have small kids or elderly with you.

Cleaning staff missed emptying rubbish bin. At 10:30am they knocked on door and had 30mins left before going out. They didnt return to clean room so you get one chance only...dont be in room during cleaning hours!

Overall, I made a big mistake staying here while visiting Bangkok and should have stuck to the better positioned, better appointed, more trusting hotel brands than this one. It's a Residence, meaning these are Apartment rooms, leased to the Hotel.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Doeke_Bonga, General Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Asheltie,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us and please allow me to respond: we do accept MasterCard and don't demand cash, but in your case your card was a debit card rather than a credit card and would be charged to pay for the room. You opted to pay in cash and we are surprised to read your version of events, so assume it may have been due to a miscommunication. The breakdown was in the confirmation you were sent when you made your booking through our website and as rates may indeed differ on different dates, I can imagine your surprise if you didn't notice this in your confirmation. Your comments on the room are appreciated and the room is due to be renovated in the coming months. We have 2 elevators for tower you stayed in and don't have any record of both elevators being out of order at the same time, let alone for 2 days, as we dedicated elevator engineers assigned to fixing all elevator issues as soon as possible.
I apologize for your room not getting cleaned and we've taken that up with our housekeeping team for improvement. Please allow me to clarify that our rooms are not leased the hotel and while we regret that our area wasn't your thing, the team and I wish you a wonderful stay wherever you choose to stay on your 2nd call to Bangkok.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Chatrium residence sathon is a very good hotel in Bangkok. Our family including our friends like it here. In the morning of the normal day, I will come to the gym to participate in aerobic activities. I have something report to the gym manager,lady staff name Ms.Aiw,she lacks sincerity in serving guests not friendly. She showed me that she didn't like Indian ethnicity. I think she is not suitable for customer service work.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Meghaahmed,

The team and I are pleased to see your family and friends are enjoyed your stay with us. While Ms Aew is not the manager, we aim to serve all guests equally and with a wide range of nationalities, I can assure you we intend to be fair to all guests. We'll look into what lead to your disappointing interaction and improve where possible.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I really recommend one hotel in bankgkok . That is chatrium residence sathon.The most thing that l loved is swimming pool.
Feel like staying in forrest. It is also good for child and parents. I hope to visit here again. Especially Thanks to Nadia for her kindness.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Hwh421,

we appreciate your recommendation and are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Nadia and the rest of us hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We really enjoyed our stay at Chatrium Residence Sathon. We love everything about it. The room is very spacious completed with great facilities, such as the swimming pool, the playground, the restaurant, and all. The Breakfast is also very nice with lots of varieties of foods. The location is also strategic, close to many restaurants, cafe, money changer, massage and spa, 7-11. The staffs are also very friendly. If you are tired with the busy Bangkok, this place is highly recommended for you. A peaceful place to relax.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank tjut_riana a

Dear Tjut_riana a,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and I'm happy to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We appreciate your positive words and hope you left feeling recharged. Hopefully till next time...

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When travelling with younger kids, finding a calm spot to beat the jetlag on your first days is crucial. The Chatrium Residence Sathon offers a serene swimming pool to relax and plenty of room in the nicely furbished appartments. Location is a bit far from where the Bangkok magic happens, but for is that was ideally what we were looking for. The resort feeling you get in the mids of the city has all the right elements to unwind and take on the first heat. They also went the extra mile by repeatedly calling the airline and lost and found who lost 1 of our luggage. Highly appreciated and would recommend this hotel to all travelling to Bangkok with children

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Yannickr,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with on your family getaway. The team and I are happy to see you were able to recharge by the pool, that you enjoyed the resort feeling and we were happy to be of assistance with your luggage. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you again in the future.