“Best of Bangkok!”

Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok
Ranked #90 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Usually not a big shopper, but this time I wish I had more time to shop! The Chatrium Residence was a very nice place to stay. Accommodations and hotel staff were very good. Especially enjoyed the Spa..... Had a facial and a massage. I had a coupon( ask the front desk) so it made it even better. The breakfast was excellent but I still had to go across the street for my Starbucks ( liked that it was so close, had to have my latte! ) The restaurant at the Chatrium was good as well, went to the Tuesday night Japanese buffet. Definitely had my fill of sushi! The one down side was that the Bangkok taxi drivers don't know where the hotel is; it especially is challenging since there is another Chatrium. The address of the hotel is provided on a piece of paper, which you are suppose to give to your driver ....... Didn't work.......it took me three hours to get from the train station back to the hotel. Thank goodness the other Chatruim's bellman was supportive and got me back to my hotel . Traffic in Bangkok makes one appreciate your hometown traffic jams! I suggest that the hotel provide better directions ....maybe a map or else provide transport on weekends from the open market .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear 'TexasTap',

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review here on tripadvisor.com.

Bangkok certainly is a shopper's paradise and there are so many shopping malls to choose from. Central Rama III is the nearest shopping mall for us and just a short taxi ride or a 5-10 minute walk from our front entrance.

Great to hear that you enjoyed the treatments at the Green Leaf Spa situated on our 3rd floor. I will be happy to pass on your positive words about the breakfast and Japanese buffet to our kitchen and restaurant team.

As for the location, it seems that we missed to provide you with our taxi map that has both, a small map and the address written in Thai. I will certainly look into this as to why it had not been provided to you. I can only apologize to you for the frustration and the prolonged taxi ride from the train station.

Once again, thank you for your review and for having chosen to stay with us.We truly hope to welcome you back to Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed with my family, we found the apartment very clean and had all the facilities we wanted. I made us feel homely. I will definetly recommend it to anyone travelling to Bangkok particularly if with family. Staff were very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Block 6 13th floor appartment was excellant
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear ‘Majda M’,

Just a short note to say thank you for your stay and for reviewing us.

It was great to ready that both you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and we managed to make you feel at home. Above all, I am delighted to hear read your encouraging words about our staff members – as usual, I will ensure that this will be conveyed to them.

Lastly, I thank you for recommending us to others.

We hope to welcome you back again sometime in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We booked Chatrium Residence Bangkok Sathorn because the 5 of us wanted to stay together. We booked the 3 Bedroom Deluxe and it was huge! It has a dining area, a kitchen (with all the kitchen appliances provided, etc baking trays, microwaves, electric stove), a living room with a huge TV, ample sofa seats, and it had a good view as well. Plus, it has a convenience store with a good variety of stuff to buy. They also provide shuttle bus services to nearby train stations or shopping centres every hour.

The only "problems" we had with the Hotel was that to get to our rooms, we had to take a lift from the ground floor to the fourth floor and take another lift from the fourth floor up to our rooms. Another thing was that it is not really conveniently located as it is a 30mins journey (if you take public transport) to the major shopping centres (MBK, Platinum). I suggest that if you are travelling in a group of 4 it is much more worth it to take a cab to your shopping centres as it would be roughly the same amount you would pay for public transport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sulaiman C
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear ‘Sulaiman C’,

Greetings from Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok! Thank you so much for having chosen to stay with us on your recent visit to Bangkok.

I was very pleased to read of your review posted here on tripadvisor.com and am glad that your party of 5 enjoyed our 3-bedroom residences with their amenities. The design of the buildings unfortunately does not allow for all towers (we have a total of 7) to access directly into the lobby – I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We look forward hopefully welcoming you and your party back to Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I come here year after year and use as hotel but also as serviced apartment. Right now I am staying for 2 months as basis for travels around Asia. I usually stay at the same hotels and often they do not improve as time passes, but not so with Chatrium, and this time no exception, it has never been better. Staff are superb, friendly and helpful. Perfect location for airport-city life-golf etc. Only complaints I have had earlier was internet/WIFI problems, but now they solved this also except for only 2 user per room unless you pay more. Hmmmm a little cheap for a high standard place like this. By the way, Japanese kitchen is excellent.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear ‘Bjarne P’,

First and foremost, I would like to express our appreciation for your continuous loyalty to Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok! Thank you also for taking the time to review us here on tripadvisor.com.

Receiving positive feedback from our returning guests is most rewarding to all of us as it shows us that we manage to please our loyal customers. Your great comments about our team members that you described as ‘friendly and helpful’ will give me pleasure in pass on to them. While I was pleased to read that you noticed an improvement on our internet service, I have taken note of your comment about the restriction of the devices and will keep this in mind for the future.

Great to hear that you enjoy our Japanese dishes and hope you had a chance to try our weekly Japanese Dinner Buffet.

Once again, thank you for your review and for staying with us.

We look forward welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a three bedroom apartment on the 13th floor which was perfect for four adults and two children. The apartment was large with two bathrooms, however the kitchen was very small. Buffet breakfasts were ample with choices of western and Asian foods. The lagoon-style swimming pool was ideal for young children as it was about one meter deep. Whilst the hotel was not located near a tourist area, with very cheap taxis, this was not a problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear ‘Lindsay J’,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to review us here on tripadvisor.com.

Glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed our 3-bedroom residences that provide ample space for families travelling with children. Thank you also for your positive words about the buffet breakfast that I will be happy to share with our kitchen team.

Our free-form swimming pool on the 4th floor facility deck is indeed ideal for children to enjoy themselves in and we also have a separate ‘young kids’ section for the very little one to cool down a bit.

Once again, thank you for having chosen to stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back to Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok in the near future!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with my family.
The hotel is in a very good location, not very center of CBD area just a bit away from a very busy road.
My room faced a nice and quiet neighborhood residences area.
Excellent staff and everything was very good except the very loud stereo from vans and taxi parked at the back of the hotel wake everybody up before 6 am in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear ‘Manny C’,

Greetings from Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok! Thank you so much for having chosen to stay with us on your recent visit to Bangkok and for providing us with your valuable feedback here on tripadvisor.com.

I was glad to read of your positive words about our residences and most importantly our team members.

Your comment in regards to stereo noise at the back of our property will be taken up with our team to patrol this area more frequently to ensure that no noise is being produced affecting our guests. I do apologize to you for the sleep interruption and inconvenience this has caused.

Once again, thank you for having stayed with us.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had booked a 2 bed apartment for a family of four. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The pool was a hit with our kids, its big and of a free form shape so mever seems crowded and you get your own space. There is a reasonably stocked convinience store at the ground floor and 2 seven 11's and atms within walking distance just outside. Breakfast thru room service was excellent. We attended on of their night buffets along the pool side and the food quality wasn't so great. The neighbourhood has a lot of restaurants offering local cuisines as long as you are game to try them. Taxis are easily available, with a steady stream of them runnin pas the hotel. Not too well known by the taxi drivers, if you rattle out the addresses given on the website verbatim. You have to say the name of the hotel and add the magic words- "Nala thivaar" and presto! everyone knows where you need to go!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ChatriumManager, General Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear WeekendTraveller275,

Thank you for sharing your great experience on tripadvisor! I happy learning that your stay was an overall good one and that your kids seemed to enjoy their time in the pool. I have taken note of your comments in regards to the Theme Night buffet in the garden, but was pleased that your general experience of food & beverages were good. You seem also to have picked up some Thai while staying with us, Naradthiwas and many other names are not pronounced as you spell it in English and can create some confusion especially with the taxi drivers.

Thank you again, and I do hope that you and your family will visit us again next time you are in Thailand and Bangkok.

Best regards,