$129
$88
$198
$179
Agoda.com
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)
$133
Priceline
$520
$447
1,752 results
All reviewsconvenience storebed apartmentpool barmini martpool sidewashing machinefree shuttlebreakfast buffetgreat poolliving areashuttle servicesmall kitchenan excellent hotelbusy cityshopping mallthai foodbts station
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Booked here entirely on the recommendation of TripAdvisor and were thoroughly delighted with the choice. Our 3 bed apartment was fabulous. So much space we could hardly believe it - even the kitchen was big (not a tiny kitchenette like you get in so many places). Unfortunately we were too late to use the restaurant (and I had been excited because it was 'hawker night' by the pool...) but they have room service up until midnight so we got that rather than venture out. I'm so glad we did. The dining table in our apartment was big enough for 6 and we needed it once the food arrived because the portions were generous and everything was delicious. It was a particularly good start. I ought to say, too, that the rooms were very clean and the heavy cotton bedlinen was much appreciated. The decor was lovely throughout the hotel with nice objets d'art scattered about.

All slept very well (our bed was hard but the other beds weren't - my daughter said hers was the comfiest she'd slept in for some time) and ready for a late breakfast. Loads of choice, even for the picky among us, and the hot things were properly hot (not what we experienced in our Vietnam hotel, it must be said). Service was swift and effective but very discreet and we never had a problem getting a table for the 5 of us.

Reception staff were helpful. They got a bit embarrassed at having to write the name of the restaurant 'Cabbages and Condoms' in Thai for the taxi driver (!) but they were good to do it. They also provided us with a useful map. The bellhops were (all of them) always smiling and very quick to open doors and assist with bags. I was very impressed by all the staff we encountered, to be honest.

No problem with taxis picking us up or dropping us off. But why bother when there's a Mass Transit Bus five minutes walk away that connects with the Skytrain and you have some great local eateries? Walked to and from the station a couple of times at night but felt very safe. One night we ate at the Fuzion bar which is two minutes away from the hotel and does a massive menu of Thai and European food (and has excellent beer). There were other eateries down the road too (as well as the ubiquitous Starbucks!). One TripAdvisor review I had read beforehand said 'nowhere to eat nearby' - clearly they didn't leave the hotel and turn right?!!

We did use the pool and it was great. Lots of sunbeds and only had a problem on the final morning (we did find one in the end). Yes it was cold but not once you got used to it. We also had cocktails and ice creams in the bar by the pool, which were spectacular. Again, excellent service. Ditto the shop, which had everything we wanted (in our case, water and crisps mainly!)

I can't see any reason to stay elsewhere on our next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ariane123
ChatriumManager, General Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear ariane123,

Thank you for your very detailed review and for sharing your great experience on tripadvisor! Especially I’m very proud that the staff made a difference in your stay and was helpful in any way they could. I’m also glad that you visit Cabbage & Condoms, a great place giving back to the community and with great ambience and Thai food. As you know, except from our “albricias” restaurant, there are many nice small dining places around here so it is a very convenient and safe area to stay in especially for families.

Thank you again, and I do hope that you and your family will visit us again next time you are in Thailand and Bangkok.

Magne Hansen,

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I booked Chatrium on line and they did not put a real picture of the residence so I was afraid to be disappointed. In fact when we got there it looked much better than I expected. Its new very clean and the appartments are large and well equiped. I was with my family of 5 annd had reserved a 2 room appartment which looked a bit small as we were 5 with only one king size bed and 2 small ones so I asked for an upgrade which they accepted to give me for free! So I got a 3 bedroom appartment and it was very clean and confortable.
I recommend this hotel to anyone but specially to families. It has a beautifull pool and the breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear jack k,

I am very pleased knowing that you and your family had a great stay with us in August. Thank you also for your recommendation, and do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you all back to our hotel next time you are visiting Bangkok.

Magne Hansen,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I would rate this hotel 7 out of 10. Do not confuse it with the Chatrium Riverside (a far better hotel). The hotel is located in a small side street and 99% of taxi drivers in Bangkok do not know it. There is nothing worth of mentioning around the hotel. A taxi trip to the Royal Palace in Bangkok would cost you around 120 Bath and will take approximately 45 min (if traffic is not bad). However reaching Silom Road would only take 10mins. The breakfast is excellent (make sure is included in the room price). We had a 3 bedroom suite which was very spacious and clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
ChatriumManager, General Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Chrisites81,

Thank you for posting your experience staying with us on trip advisor and I do hope that your stay with us was an overall good one even if you did not favor our location and had some problem with the local taxi service.

The palace is not located in the center of Bangkok so it is always good to plan some extra time when visiting this great attraction. Traffic is always an issue in Bangkok, but we have the BRT station in walking distance to the hotel, bringing you to the Sky Train link, together with our free shuttle bus to the Sky Train station, Asiatique, Sukhumvit Road and other nearby shopping destination.

Again, thank you for your comments and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to one of our properties in Bangkok and Yangon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel both at our arrival from overseas as well as a couple of nights prior to returning home.

The rooms have a nice home feeling and the beds are comfortable.
The first apartment didnt have a washing machine, while the last one did, so we could manage to wash all our dirty clothes before going home (there is a small grocery shop on level 4 selling single portion laundry powder for USD 0.35/bag).

The breakfast is really good, with lots of variety, so generally we ended up eating too much and spending too much time at breakfast.

The gym is well equipped and the pool is good too. The facilities level (level 4), with restaurant, gym, pool, childrens club, grocery shop and coin laundry works well. The grocey shop is very reasonably priced. Possibly a bit cheaper than 7/11, and more convenient as its inside the hotel.

The wifi is supposed to be able to connect up to 4 devices, but we never managed to connect more than 1 at a time. Each time we connected a new device, the previous would be kick off the connection.

The area where the hotel is located isnt very special. You need a taxi to go anywhere, which is a bit of a nuisance. It would have been perfect if it was located more central.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear CPR 1972,

Thank you for taking time reviewing us on trip advisor. It always makes me happy when I get constructive feedback for our guests and I’m pleased to know that you had a good time staying with us.

Our Wi-Fi is to connect 4 devices per room with one username and password without being kicked off the system. I’m not sure what happen with your room, and I do apologies for the inconvenience this caused you during your stay. My IT team has checked the system configuration without finding anything wrong.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We decided to move to Chatrium Residence Hotel, based on an online search for something which offered better value for money than our initial hotel booking which was disappointing. With an air of mistrust, particularly for online bookings, we can only say that the hotel was an exceptionally good find. The service was attentive, without being intrusive, the room was a 48sqm corner suite with kitchen and separate bathroom, and the wifi fast and efficient.

The hotel location was in a quieter, more residential area of Bangkok, only a 60 baht taxi ride to the nearest BTS station, so getting around was easy - no traffic jam hassles! The hotel pool area is huge, surrounded by tropical gardens, and a huge attraction to families. Food and service at the restaurant was good and we had a few good Thai meals at the very ambient poolside restaurant.

Our stay was comfortable, friendly and very convenient to transport, restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Julie,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. I was very pleased learning that your stay was a very successful one and that you enjoyed our facilities and services. I do hope that you had a good trip back home and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in not too long time.

Best regards from Bangkok,