“Sensational value for money”

Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok
Ranked #95 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Wellington, New Zealand
“Sensational value for money”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and was hugely impressed. I had pre paid for the cheapest category of room but got upgraded to 1 bed apartment on check in. The AC was on the blink in that room so they upgraded me (again) to a 2 bed apartment. Amazing. Bed so comfy. Overall I felt very well taken care of and that the hotel and staff were making every effort to that end. Didnt eat in so cant comment on the food. Ate out at a strip of restaurants across from the hotel. From those I can recommend Charlie Brown (Thai, great food, grim decor, very grumpy service - so recommend takeaway), Hong Kong Home Cooking (Chinese, cool decor, great service), Mantra (Indian, good all round and bargain set menu).
Spent quite a bit of time at the spa. I am a fan of spas so apply a quite critical eye. The value for money at this one was brilliant. 800 baht for an aroma massage which is normally way over 1500 baht at hotel spas. I HIGHLY recommend the therapist K. Jar. She was AMAZING.
Something else I liked was the free computer / internet in the lobby lounge. Good for people like me who dont travel with their own computer.
Well done to the staff and management at this hotel. I leave very impressed (so impressed I have written a hotel review - never done that before)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear ‘sarah s’,

Thank you very much for your stay with us on your recent visit to Bangkok.

I was glad to hear that you were impressed with our property and you felt well taken care of by the Chatrium team. This is great feedback that I will be happy to pass on to our team members who are always appreciative of receiving direct guest feedback.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused with the room move due to a malfunctioning air conditioning unit but am happy that you enjoyed the 2-bedroom residence.

Your comments in regards to our in-house Spa are also very much appreciated and I will make sure to pass your praise on to Khun Jar.

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to review us here on tripadvisor.com (as the first property to be reviewed).

Look forward hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Trat, Thailand
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

This time I stayed for part leisure and part business. Enjoyed the location, quick drive to town. Same excellent service and welcome. Room service was great, not expensive and tasty. Breakfast was not of much variety but enough to start your day. Kudos to the Security Team , they are really a friendly batch. Will return again definitely.

2 Thank MCKC_Management_Team
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear ‘Daphne Y’,

Thank you very much for your continuous loyalty to Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok and for providing us with your feedback here on tripadvisor.com.

It is always a pleasure to read of positive feedback from repeating guests as they know our property best. Thanks for your encouraging words to our associates and especially the security team – will be happy to pass it on to them.

Look forward welcoming you back to your 4th visit with us.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Chatrium Residence helped my family to enjoy Bangkok, providing us comfort and hospitality during our stay. We have 2 children (5&3 years old) and a 9 months baby, saying that you can imagine the travel logistics involved but the big value added of this hotel for having an easygoing holiday was among others the comfort of the 3 bedrooms apartment fully equipped (2 bathrooms, kitchen, oven microwave, 3 flat screens, DVD player), the high level of customer service (very kind people like Eddie & Not on the swimming pool restaurant) always able to give us support mostly with the kids, nice pool and kids playground, very clean installations, gym, sauna and safe taxi service.
The location played also an important role since everyday we visited different places and never we had any problem reaching the hotel, as tip for going back to the hotel mention to the taxi drivers to take you to Naradhiwa 24, anyway the hotel will provide you useful cards with the location.
We spent our last hours in the hotel dining a great salmon, chatting and enjoying with the people wishing to come back soon.

• Stayed May 2013
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear ‘BrahimNallar’,

Just a short note to say ‘thank you very much’ for writing this great review and also for uploading some pictures of our property.

Glad you enjoyed our roomy 3-bedroom residences with the master bedroom and bathroom on one side of the living room and two more bedrooms and a bathroom located on the opposite side. This makes it indeed great for travelling with family.

Thanks also for pointing out our valued team members, Eddie and Nop for making your stay a remarkable one. I will be happy to share your encouraging words with them.

Thank you for staying with us.

Hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.

South Pasadena, California
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

By far the most comfortable hotel i have stayed in bkk. Huge room with big kitchen. Great gym and swimming pool. Have self service laundry facilities. Not the best location, but do have plenty street food stalls within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear ‘intoxjin’,

Greetings from Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok. Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for writing a review here on tripadvisor.com

I was pleased to read of your satisfaction with the room and public facilities and was especially please that you felt like a home, a home away from home.

The street we are located in does indeed have many restaurants, bars and shops on offer. Moreover, Central Rama 3, the multistory shopping center with plenty of restaurants, shops and a cinema is also within walking distance (or a 5 minute hotel shuttle van drive).

Hope you will give us the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Chatrium Residence is a great hotel for one week or longer stays. For guests who are long stay, there are towers with wonderful one-bedroom apartments that are comfortable and spacious. These are the rooms to request, not the studio rooms for short stay guests.

The Chatrium Residence has a fantastic gym and good pool area. The downside is the food and service - don't worry if you miss breakfast! As well, because most of the hotel is for long stay guests, service is less remarkable, and, often, absent.

When you check in, don't forget to get a map with clear directions to the hotel. The taxi drivers will automatically will take you to its better known sister, the Chatrium Riverside. Despite the map, our advisements, and protests not to take us to the Chatrium Riverside, Bangkok taxi drivers will take you to the Riverside like homing pigeons coming to roost. Despite being prepared, this nuisance occurred six times in several days. Likely a communication barrier. Oh well, that's part of traveling.

Room Tip: Ask for a one-bedroom in one of the long stay towers.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear ‘ballyga’,

Thank you very much for your review you had posted here on tripadvisor.com.

I was pleased to read of your satisfaction with our 1-bedroom apartments that are indeed ideal for long-term guests. They are also very popular with travelers seeking the luxury of a 70 square meter hotel room with a separate bed and living room.

Thank you also for your positive words about our fitness center and our poolside.

I will definitely look into your comments regarding the food and service you pointed out being the ‘downside’ of your stay. Since we constantly strive to improve both our product and services I regret to hear of your comment and will do everything possible to provide remarkable service. My apologies for the disappointment you encountered with this regard.

As for the location and confusion with our sister property, I will brief the front office team to point out the ‘taxi map’ we provide to guests upon check in which hopefully avoids the nuisance you occurred.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Recently stayed at this property for 2 weeks and guess what I'm returning again on May, 15, 2013.
What does it tell you? A home away from home.
Though the property is starting with refurbishments, it is still kept clean and tidy. The studio room needs refurbishment asap.
For reception staff, 95% are responsive with a smile if you need assistance. The other 5%, you need to attract their attention for assistance and gives you a look. (e.g. Can't you see I am busy?)
For F & B staff, just fantastic ...... during breakfast and also room service, very attentive.
For HSKP staff, I feel they are rushing to clean the room that they tend to forget little details (e.g. replenishment soap, toilet roll, clearing rubbish). Oh HSKP staff need to be provided with an insecticide spray and kitchen washing detergent in their trolley. But they do a good clean job.
For PCS Security, kudos to them.....just great. Instead they seemed to be better then the bellhops.
Trust my expect judgement. BKK has many long stay properties, if you are staying for at least 5 days or more, don't think so hard...Chatrium Residences @ Sathorn is for you.

Room Tip: My studio room outdoor fan coil gave me a shocked. Paid a little more and took the 1 bedroom suite...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pt13308
Dear ‘pt13308’,

Thank you very much for your review posted here on tripadvisor.com in regards to your stay with us.

I was pleased to read of your satisfaction with the food and beverage associates, our security guards and also the 95% of the reception team. I will certainly look into the 5% reception staff you mentioned needed to attract their attention and hopefully we would be able to bring the satisfaction up to 100% upon your return this month.

As for the housekeeping service, I appreciate your feedback and will ensure that the little details such as the replenishing of toiletries and the mosquito spray are not looked over. Nevertheless, I appreciate your positive words in regards to their working performance and will certainly share this with the room attendant team.

Your additional comments in regards to the studio room are much appreciated and I will have my team to check on the standard of the room and the ‘outdoor fan coil’ you referred to.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.

I look forward welcoming you back on the 15th of May.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Every aspect of this hotel is of the best quality: the rooms, the facilities, the friendly and accommodating staff, and the 4th floor pool,spa (steam rooms, saunas, whirlpool/jacuzzi, and showers), and fitness room; they even have a guest launderette and on premises convenience store!) I have stayed there two times, and I just booked our third stay.) And they are very reasonably priced. You could easily spend two times, possibly even three times, as much on a hotel in Bangkok, and not get better accommodations.

Room Tip: Only costs about $12 US/ 350 THB a night to upgrade to a mini suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank billayy
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear ‘billayy’,

Just a short note to say ‘thank you’ for posting this encouraging review here on tripadvisor.com.

It was rewarding for all of us to read that every aspect of your stay was of best quality. As usual, it will give me great joy to share your words with the team who continuously do their best to please our guests. Feedback such as yours is therefore much appreciated.

Once more, thank you for reviewing us and for having chosen to stay with us on your recent visit to Bangkok.

We look forward welcoming you back to your third stay.