“great memories”

Ranked #100 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Bucharest, Romania
“great memories”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was here for 4 nights in November 2012 together with my friends. The 2 bedroom apartments are great, big space, very clean. The breakfast is well and the pool with palms oasis from the 4th floor is great.
Quite close to the hotel you may find specific thai restaurants in the street where the food is absolutely delicious and there is also a mall near.
I would choose again this accommodation for a future trip in Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear ‘Iuliana_Hreniuc’,

Thank you so much for your review here on tripadvisor.com and of course for staying with us last November.

Your positive words about our residence were highly appreciated – great to hear that you enjoyed our 140 square meter 2-bedroom residences that offer an excellent option to accommodate families or a party of friends.

I was also glad to read that you would chose us again for future trips to Bangkok.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Albany, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Bangkok has an enormous range of accommodation.
We wanted a two bedroom apartment and are very happy with our choice of the Chatrium. The apartment is roomy, well furnished, has all 'mod cons' including washing machine - and has given our family of two adults and one teenager plenty of space, Internet access, and a choice of flat screen TVs!!!
Reception staff and security very friendly and efficient. Hospitality staff in the Oasis restaurant have struggled a bit though - but as this is New Year with swarms of late breakfast goers this is understandable.
Pool area, gym and saunas are high quality and well patronized.
Street outside has a range of eating options - targeted at the expat community I think.
The hotel is some way from the BTS, - about 5 minutes and 50THB by meter taxi, though the hotel does provide an hourly shuttle service.
Must say that after our recent experience of Perth's hospitality industry, this stay has been like manna from heaven!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear ‘jonesc54’,

Happy New Year to you from the Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok team!

Just a short note to say thank you for your great review you had posted here on tripadvisor.com following your stay in Bangkok.

I was very pleased to read of your satisfaction with the 2-bedroom residence as well as the friendliness and efficiency of our team members at the reception as well as the security department.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused during the busy breakfast service during this New Year’s period.

Thank you also for sharing your comments in regards to our ‘soi’ (street) that has many bars, restaurants, shops that provides our guests with options to explore our neighbourhood by foot.

Once again, I appreciate your taking the time to review us.

Hope to welcome you back in 2013.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am a frequent guest to this hotel since 2007 from the Oakwood management and used to stay more than a month every year since then. From 2012 I am frequently coming to Bangkok for my business purposes and staying in this hotel because of good services they offered in past. And I have faced only one single problem called internet connectivity.

Chatrium is a wonderful place to stay for a medium budget and always amazed by the extra ordinary service by the people. They are always attentive and polite to the guest suggestions and complaints and really appreciate the attitude.

However, from time to time, the service is going downwards, and I feel it is because of the inability to handle the large number of guests.

I am writing this in tripadvisor because of only reason that chatrium management could do anything to improve or do anything to the internet problem. I appreciate the management is keep on working on this issue, but failing to find the root cause of this problem or find a right ISP. My colleagues are staying in many serviced apartment hotels nearby and I was surprised (shocked) to see their extra ordinary internet services. I wonder why the management is unable to find a right service provider.

I reccomend this hotel for people who come for vacation / family and need an internet less life during the leisure time. For any official trips, carry an internet device and dont trust the freebie wifi of this hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear ‘Job G’,

Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor.com.

Firstly, I would like to express our appreciation to you for your continuous loyalty to Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok.

It is with great regret to hear that you feel the service level has decreased throughout the years you have been staying with this property. I would appreciate if you could provide me with additional comments, hopefully upon your next visit. This would tremendously help me identify problems and take corrective measures to improve service perception into the future.

As for the internet service, we have just changed our internet service provider effective January 2013 with a complete new internet service facility. You may certainly experience this service on your next visit.

Maracaibo, Venezuela
Reviewed December 21, 2012

All in all a very good hotel: very good service, excellent housekeeping available all day, fully eqipped gym with professional instructors, dancing and aerobics classes, spectacular spa with different types of steam rooms and sauna, jacuzzi, great swimming pool, 100% perfect breakfast with an enormous variaty.

In this hotel you kust feel like at home. The rooms are very spacious with a living room, complete kitchen, bedroom, there´s even a washing room where you can wash your clothes by yourself 24 hours open. Lots of security in the entrance area of the hotel, guards very friendly and helpfull, very respectful.

The hotel has various restaurants with variing menus and buffets, but you also have the option to cook in your own suite, so there´s always plenty of options available.

The location is maybe not the best, but it´s not a big problem beacuse there are plenty of inexpensive taxis and the guards will always assist you with the direction, many places are within some minutes.

All in all I would highly recommend Chatrium Residence!! You will love it!

Room Tip: The studio is a little bit small. Take the 1-bedroom suite which comes with a full kitchen and a sep...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear ‘yessica v’,

Greetings from Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok!

Thank you very much sharing your review of your stay with us here on tripadvisor.com.

I was happy to read that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and you enjoyed not only our residences but also our facilities, including our gym, restaurant and our free form swimming pool all situated on our garden level of the 4th floor.

Your positive comments in regards to the service was also very rewarding not only to me but also to all our staff members.

Wishing you happy holidays and hope to welcome you back in 2013.

Macleay Island, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were here twice, on our way in and out of Thailand (7 nights in total) and both of the three bedroom apartments we stayed in were lovely, with nice city scape views, and the staff were great! Next time we're in Bangkok we'll be back.

I was amazed at how family friendly the hotel was, we have 20month old twins and a 4 year old. We spent the mornings exploring bangkok, then the afternoons at the pool or with the kids playing on the small playground or in the kids club area.

The location was perfect for us, somewhat out of the city but I don't think we paid more than 200THB for a taxi ride (approx $6au). There are quite a few little restaurants and a mini supermarket within 5min walking distance too.

Cots were supplied and put in the rooms before we got there as requested and all our airport transfers were organised with out a problem.

Our experience at the Chatrium Residence was fantastic and great value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear ‘rmcraig’,

Thank you so much for your great review on tripadvisor.com.

It was a pleasure to read of your review and your satisfaction with our roomy 3-bedroom residences, the view, the residential location and most importantly our staff. As always, it will give me great pleasure to convey your praise to them.

We look forward welcoming you and your family back some time in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was here for a few days for work, where I would need to go to an office in the new business district. If you are doing work there, staying in the usual suspects (eg the Mandarin, etc.) will be way too far, especially with typical Bangkok traffic.

My stay was great. The staff are incredibly nice and helpful, the restaurant always delivered (and has an excellent breakfast buffet with just about everything you would want for breakfast), and the facilities are spacious and comfortable. The AC in my room is somewhat noisy, but I did get used to it. I can see why people think it's a bit dated, but honestly, it is perfectly reasonable and even nice.

There is a gym I didn't use, but others seemed to, and regularly. Also the pool looked nice, but didn't get to use it. Same with the in-house spa.

The area surrounding the residence has a lot of the things you would need - plenty of ATMs, 7-11, beauty salons, spas, and thai massage (of course), supermarket, restaurants.

It is clear this is an area where lots of expat residents also stay, so the area is quiet and residential, with many other similarly serviced apts around.

My nightly rate was US85 a night, with breakfast and internet. Great price for the service and value. Would definitely recommend for anyone who needs to be in this district. But for tourism - perhaps not the most convenient, though the residence also provides an hourly shuttle into town.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor -- people can see into the rooms from the pool/restaurant level.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear ‘NY2HK’,

Greetings from Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok! Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent visit to Bangkok and for sharing your feedback here on tripadvisor.com.

I was happy to read your feedback and was pleased that you enjoyed our location, the service and our facilities.

We will share your positive comments among our team and look forward to welcoming you back to Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Curiousity brought me back to this site even when I am still staying in this residence. I have been here since the 28th Nov and will still be here till the 10th. Indeed I am baffled by Baffled! Such wonderful staff and security. On the late night we arrived, the night manager gave us a room in Tower 1 being the most convenient. We went on the internet immediately but could not sign on but the manager went through the process of helping us get online with great patience for 45 mins before we gave up but he promised to have it remedied early the next morning. As promised, the internet guy came with a router the next morning and everything has been hunky dory since.

Security is more than tight. Everytime we leave and come back the numbers of the taxis were noted by the security. First time I have ever encountered such great service. This is not to mention how cheerfully the security, the doormen and the reception staff goes about their work. A manager could even tell us there is a post office right opposite the Wat Phra Khweo. Security staff also always inform the taxi drivers where we want to go.

Transport to the sky trains and shopping centres are available and convenient giving us good options for some neighbourhood shopping and to the city.

The breakfast was great. I must say I did not taste or ate any sour mushrooms. For breakfast, I always eat the mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach on the days they were presented. I even remarked to my husband that they were sauteed in butter as they tasted the same as the butter spread. But I must say they need to improve on their pancakes. A bit too floury and heavy. The Thai buffet and Thai dinners were great. Very authentic. More Thai desserts for the buffet would be great.

The Gym guys were great too. Very prompt in getting the outdoor jacuzzi going when it shut off and we wanted to use it. The pool is a fantastic shedded area with lots of sitting and relaxing spaces. Some jets not working in the indoor jacuzzi though.

Now for the rooms, soft smooth linen for a great nights' rest. Every night, I tell my husband how soft and comfortable the bed feels. The powerpoints below the full length mirror is a nice touch. Very convenient for blowing dry the hair. Details, details.The scent of the soap, peppermint is wonderful after a hot humid day out. The shampoo is also mild and good for daily washes. Less of my hair fell off after using it than compared with my regular shampoo. Amazing! I actually tested this out. The hangers, for larger men's wear bigger hangers and smaller ones for the ladies. Very nice. However, we can do with more hooks or drying racks for wet towels or swimsuits.

Quiet, cool and beautiful lobby, steeping out into a residential neighbourhood with more choices of food, this is indeed an oasis. None of the noisy, cramped hotels in the the middle of the city with narrow lanes to negotiate through to get anywhere.

Advertising, however, has to be amended. Although every room may have a balcony, mine was just a space off the kitchenette which can hardly be used.

Credits to the management and staff!

Room Tip: A city facing room in Tower 1 is convenient.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jimjilljo
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear ‘Jimjilljo’,

Thank you for your fantastic review you have posted here on tripadvisor.com

It was a great pleasure for me and my team to go through your comments and we were all pleased to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok.

Rest assured that we will convey all your kind words to the staff concerned which will serve as an encouragement for them to continue their efforts to please the guests.

Thank you also for pointing out some issues such as the quality of the pancakes, Jacuzzi jets not working, and the request for some additional drying facility in the room. We will take these comments up with the respective hotel’s departments.

We look forward hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.