“felt like home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #103 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Daly City, California
“felt like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed here may 23 to 26 this year just by myself. I'm a paranoid person when travelling alone esp when time to sleep. but at this hotel, I never felt safer in my solo trips. when I arrived I has a refreshing welcome drink and at the room a fruit plate for a tast of thai fruits.the people were wonderful making me use the business center to use the internet or print my boarding pass gratis.the room waz clean throughout,big and with great views. what's icing to the cake is dining poolside. they have this nitely dinner spread by the pool with torches and candles that gives you a true island feeling! and to top it all the room price was on a half off promotion by asiawebdirect! thank you Chatrium for making my stay memorable...

Room Tip: pick a corner room on a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank fostermamabear88
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear ‘fostermamabear88’,

Greetings from Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok! First of all thank you very much for chosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Bangkok!

We also appreciate you taking the time to review us on tripadvisor.com as this gives us the chance to see how we are perceived by our guests.

I was very pleased to read your very positive review and have already shared your comment with our staff members.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cuenca, Ecuador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Apartments are neat and really big - I was recommended by a friend who arranged our stay. The place is 15-25 mins away from all the touristic places, 10 mins from the Central Plaza Rama III and 10 min from the Skytrain. Also, it has a free shuttle to the main malls and attractions.

It has an internal grocery store and a 7-eleven less than a block away. It has several lunch + dinner places around. I will definitely return -

Staff was very friendly, English speaking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room hopefully in the same tower as the lobby elevator, so you don't have to walk that...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Guz V
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear ‘Guz V’,

Greetings from Bangkok! Thank you very much for your post on tripadvisor.com and of course for shaving stayed with us at the Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok.

I was pleased to read of your satisfaction with our apartments, location and last but not least, our associates. We have also taken note of your excellent ratings in all aspects of your stay for which we are very grateful.

Glad to hear that you will ‘definitely return’ and we are already looking forward welcoming you back, hopefully soon.

Thank you also to your friend for recommending and arranging your stay with us.

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We got a great deal through Living Social for the Chatrium and it was money well spent! We were expecting a hotel room and walked into a fully equipped apartment. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel itself is beautiful and very well maintained. We spent 12 days in Thailand and this was the best hotel we stayed in. Little more expensive than Phuket but there are mini marts close by for anything you need. Language was sometimes a barrier, but we managed. The breakfast buffet was also the best we came across. The only issue I had was with the spaghetti bolognese! I ordered it one night and it was inedible. The chicken cordon bleu was an absolute winner though! The ladies in the Green Leaf Spa were also amazing, definitely get a massage if you get a chance! Overall, a fantastic hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Leanne P
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear ‘Leanne P’,

Just a short note to say thank you very much for having stayed with us and for your review on tripadvisor.com.

It was a pleasure reading of your satisfaction and for rating us among the best hotels you had stayed in during your 12-day Thailand vacation. This feedback is greatly appreciated and easy to share with our associates.

As for the language barrier, we do invest in ongoing English training of our associates to reduce the gap, nevertheless, it is not always possible for all staff to understand and speak English fluently. I was happy though that you referred to them as ‘very friendly and helpful’.

Your comment about the Spaghetti Bolognese was most shocking and we have already taken this up with our kitchen crew to find out what went wrong with this dish. Please accept our apologies for this.

Again, thank you for your review and look forward welcoming you back.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed along with my friend. Duration of my stay was 4 days and 3 nights. It was a wonderful decision that I took to stay here. The room was just perfect. The kitchenette was having enough cooking utensils, cutlery and dinner ware.

The Breakfast served at the Hotel was sumptuous, delicious and had variety. It was a healthy mix of taste and nutrition.

The Hotel Staff was very friendly and polite. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone and everyone either travelling for work or just leisure. The place is well connected and you can easily find taxi round the clock!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Pretz14
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear ‘Pretz14’,

Greetings from Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok! Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent visit to Bangkok and for posting your review on tripadvisor.com.

It is always rewarding to read such positive feedback and I have already, with pleasure, shared your feedback with my team. I was particularly pleased to read of your feedback in regards to the staff’s friendliness and of course for recommending us to anyone travelling for work or leisure.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome both you and your friend back to Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok.

Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here within a span of a year, and as usual the experience has exceeded our expectations. I really like the big and spacious rooms and the well developed hotel facilities viz. the golf driving range, gym & swimming pool. The hotel staff are very courteous and helpful. I highly recommend this place for its great ambience service and value for money. I will definitely be back here the next time I'm in Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kartikthakoor
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear ‘kartikthakoor’,

Thank you very much for posting your review on tripadvisor and also for staying with us on your recent visit to Bangkok.

It is always good to hear that returning guests enjoy their stay with us and comment positively on our spacious apartments, the facilities and of course our team members.

Thank you also for taking the time to take and post the pictures of our residence.

We look forward welcoming you back when you will be here in Bangkok again.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here only for one day, in my friend's apartment since my hotel arrangement is not until the next day. It was a very nice apartment..very spacious and clean..what I really like the most is the bathroom..it is big, clean and the water from the shower fling swiftly..
It also offers free shuttle boat service to the Central Pier, where you can catch the Sky Train from the Saphan Taksin Station..
It is close to the Asiatique, where you can shop and dine near the Chao Phraya river..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Andhika A
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear ‘Andhika_A’,

Thank you for your review posted here on tripadvisor.com. I believe that you must have intended to review our sister property, Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok. Nevertheless, I am happy to you have enjoyed yours stay there and we will certainly pass your comments on to the team there.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed at the Chatrium Residence from the 19th July to 22nd July 2012, booked the Deluxe One Bedroom, but upon arrival we were upgraded to the Grand Deluxe Two Bedroom. Lovely apartment, fully equipped kitchen (even had a conventional oven, besides a microwave oven) Overall the apartment is very clean and modern.

The location is about 7km to the city centre, but not a problem for us as the concierge were excellent, taxis aplenty, they even had shuttle service to certain malls at fixed hours. There is a Starbucks, two 7-11's just a stones throw away from the hotel, very convenient. Do check out some of the street food in the afternoon, had lovely pad thai and BBQ meat for a very decent price.

Swimming pool was clean, water is a little cold to my liking.

The only thing that could improve is the breakfast spread, would like to have more changes/varieties. All 3 days breakfast was the same. Just another observation, was there at the breakfast spread at 9.30am to 10am. The place is still quite packed, however the staff decided to plug out the coffee machine sharp at 10am before people had a chance to drink coffee. Morning coffee is a must for most people and would be best if the restaurant could maintain the coffee machine until the breakfast crowd disperses.

Would highly recommend this place to any of my friends (business or leisure).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear ‘Gordon Y’,

Thank you so much for reviewing us on tripadvisor.com and for providing us with your detailed feedback about your stay with us.

It was a pleasure for my team to read of your satisfaction with our newly renovated apartments, the facilities and our surrounding.

Thank you also for your suggestion about the coffee machine for the breakfast buffet. You are absolutely right and I have already briefed my restaurant team to keep the coffee machine available for the remaining breakfast guests.

I am very glad to read that you ‘highly recommend’ us to your friends.

Thank you again and we look forward having you back in the near future.