“Servicve well”

Ranked #110 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Thailand
“Servicve well”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

STAFF & SERVICE - Top notch in everyway, even though the english could be a little bit better with some they ALL go the extra mile to get it right and make sure you are comfortable and happy!
professional and guest focused, the bell man who greets you from the moment you arrive and return everyday and has a smile that seems to be everywhere making sure your needs are met, who can is just warm and accomodating to all the guests. ALL the staff were truly committed to making you happy and "Getting it right" no matter what!

Please improval of roomservice night shift his not to show up service by instinctive

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Swissotel_Bkk, Executive Assistant Manager at Swissotel Le Concorde Bangkok, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. The staff were pleased to learn that you found them all to be amazingly friendly, helpful with "going the extra miles's concept" Furthermore, your comments with regards to our rooms service had already been notified to our Director of Culinary for further improvemtns.

In all, we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Swissotel Le Concorde Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vadodara, India
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The staff is ever smiling and makes you feel comfortable and at home. They will go all out to ensure that you are served well. Advantage of having a subway station at 2 mins walking distance is like icing on the cake.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Thank you for your positve endorsement about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that our service had met with your expectation and that you feel at home \here at Swissotel Le Concorde.
Thank you again for your favourable commentary and we look forward to your return.

Singapore
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Personally i felt there are room for improvements.

Pros:
- Premier Room was comfy
- Breakfast selections at fountain cafe located at level 1 were reasonable.
(Do try out the automated pancake machine, it was nice.)
- Cold pool water which was good for BKK's weather (Depth ranging from 0.8m, 1.5m, 2.5m
and 0.3m (baby pool)
- Staff was generally able to converse well in English.
- Near to MRT Huai Khwang, Exit 2
- Near to Somboon seafood restaurant which was 5 mins walk away, exit No. 3 via Huai

Khwang station.
- Japanese Buffet Spread at Takumi Restaurant in the hotel, level 1, was good.
- Try not drink/boil water from tap as advised by hotel management. (Note: Request for
complimentary Bottle water from hotel)
- free wifi

Cons
- Most amenities in the room come in 1 set for 1 pax's usage only (despite indicated room is

for two paxs). If 2 pax, need to request for additional items.
- Carpets in room can cleaner.
- TV programmes selections can be improved, many channels but no quality programmes to
view.
- For safety reasons, do let the tap water run awhile before using tub and basin for
showering/brushing. This is to ensure the water runs clear. (Note: Room was upgraded by
hotel staff which i felt more and heartfelt goodwill services could be offered by the hotel)
- Club Room lounge was simply not up to the mark, disappointing. Not worth to stay in Club
room.
- Drink and Food menu selection at Club Lounge are extremely poor and deadly quiet.
- Staff at Club lounge has limited knowledge on drinks options.

I am sharing these directions to hotel due to some incorrect information given:
1) Upon arrival in Suvarnabhumi aiport>> Proceed to B1 and look for "Airport City link" (There
are 2 lines; red or blue)
2) Opt for red line (non stop, head straight to Makkasan, reduce waiting time)
3) Alight at Makkasan (about 50 baht)
4) Walk to "MRT" Phetchaburi station (Note: walk for about 5-10mins, its somewhere
near to the main road on your right)
5) Alight at 3 stops later at Huai Khwang (Note:Take MRT heading towards "Bang Sue
Line")
6) Alight at MRT Huai Khwang, Exit 2, and 5 mins walk to hotel (on your left).

Enjoy my pictures and hope it helps.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AIREN
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you have both enjoyed our restaurants.as well as found us to be at a optimum location. Kindly accept our apology that there was a technical problem with the water system in your room which is now fixed and your comments with regards to the knowledge of beverage had been passed on to our Executive Clum\b Manager for further improvement. Moreover, we are already in process of doing rooms refurbishments this year which will certainly brings into the completion of a luxury touch with a consistent high level of service standard.
In all, we look forward to another opportunity in welcoming you back.

Mantsala, Finland
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great, great, great! The club floor is excellent - very tasty snacks, staff is so friendly that is difficult to believe you are in Bangkok ( especially if on the way to the hotel the Airport Limousine Service tried to cheat you on double price...). My room was very spacious, every day I got fresh water, sleep quality was excellent and the most important - the staff is honest. I forgot my ipod in the room and next day I get the message that is has been found and is ready to be returned! Unbelievable - positive surprise and my big trust to them. Unfortunately I forgot the name if the lady that took care of me (she had a shift on 22.05 afternoon at club floor). One cons: the A/C in fitness center is not sufficient, so you feel like in steam sauna if training there in May.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you have experienced our excellent facilities, attentive, helpful, and friendly staff. Your compliment had been passed to the Executive Club Floor Team. On the other hand, we are in the process of upgrading our Fitness's equipment.
Thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangkok.

Johannesburg
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was on business for 3 nights in Bangkok and stayed at the Swissotel Le Concorde. The staff, rooms, and business facilities were beyond my expectations. Great stay and very friendly, knowledgable staff

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Swissotel_Bkk, Executive Assistant Manager at Swissotel Le Concorde Bangkok, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positve endorsement about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyed our rooms, facilities and most importantly on that our service had met with your expectation of which I shall pass on your compliments fo our staff. They truely deserva a pat on the back.

Thank you again for your favourable commentary, we hope you have now found a home in Bangkok and we look forward to welcome you soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here twice on business in the past couple of months, the first time was in a club room, the second time I forgot to request a club room so I stayed in a standard room. I'll combine my experiences here for this one review.

Situated in the Huai Kwang area, it's not fantastic location-wise, unless you're a big fan of soapy massages, then you've definitely come to right place. It is however within a few minutes walk to the MRT, which is still a big plus for any hotel given how horrible the traffic in Bangkok has become since the ridiculous first car buyer scheme was implemented.

Check-in was smooth both times I was there, for the club room you get checked in at the executive lounge where they are just much nicer to you. Overall, I was happy with the service, which I would rate at 5 stars as a club guest and 4 1/2 stars as a regular guest. On the club floor they just seem to be extra eager to help and accommodate your requests. In other parts of the hotel the service was pretty good too, so no complaints really.

Both times the room was unmemorable, I remember it being nice and well-kept but a getting a bit old and needing a makeover. A couple of issues I had were with the shower in the bathtub, which seemed to spray water in every direction but straight, and the sink that clogs up a bit but other than that no complaints. I did have a major problem with the internet on my second stay though, in the standard room. I was completely unable to get connected on my first day and finally after complaining it worked on my second day but was ridiculously slow. This is bad for any business traveler, so I hope the hotel gets this sorted out in the future.

I tried the buffet breakfast in the lounge and at the lobby cafe, and found it to be a below average experience. The lounge was ok and they cooked you stuff like eggs benedict but overall selection was poor. In the lobby cafe the vegetables weren't fresh, the breads and cereals were a bit stale, and the juices were terrible. They had a wide range of condiments but this is one area they could definitely improve on.

In terms of facilities, the pool is usually nice and quiet given that families don't stay here. I also had dinner at the Japanese restaurant Takumi and found it to be of top quality and value. The A la carte buffet at THB 777 nett is definitely worth it.

In short, it's a good hotel with excellent service, but good service can be found all over Thailand. What it needs is a touch of class to provide a better experience - room and internet improvements, better quality food at the breakfast. But for the internet problems I had I would've given Swissotel Le Concorde 4 stars, but for now it gets 3.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and that you have experienced the warmth and friendly service of our associates In additioin, your commeents with regards to our breakfast buffet line had been passed on to our Director of Culinary while we are glad to hear that you had enjoyed our pouplur 'Takumi', Japanese Restaurant which served high quality Japanese Cusine. Furthtermore, we have just increased the speed of our regular WIFi to an ultra speed WiFi.

Lastly , I'm please to inform that we are already in process of doing a refurbishment to uplift the beyond expectation for the impression of our hotel. In all, thank you again for your review and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This had been the only hotel I had been staying for the past 3 years each time I am in Bangkok. Hotel had been undergoing some renovation for the past 1 year and I must say the new look in the lobby is excellent. Rooms are clean and wifi signal is excellent in the rooms and through out the hotel. Breakfast buffet is great too with a wide variety of food to choose from.

If you are business traveller, I would recommend to opt for a Club room to stay instead. Their Executive Club team is ever ready to assist you in making your stay better. I had been staying at their club room ever since that time they gave me a free upgrade from a classic room. The room are spacious and the executive lounge is nice and cosy. Good place to meet up with your business associates or client for a short chat. The butlers are very friendly and helpful. Kudos to the Executive Club Team, you made my stay a home away from home. Keep it up!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Swissotel_Bkk, Executive Assistant Manager at Swissotel Le Concorde Bangkok, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our accommodation and the warmth service of our Executive Club Team. This message will definitely be passed on to them and to other associates as for us to always remain top notch.
Thank you again for your favorable commentary and we look forward to your return home in Bangkok soon.