Swissotel Le Concorde Bangkok
The Siam(Bangkok)
$607
$526
Agoda.com
All reviewsmrt stationhuay kwangexecutive floorexecutive clubnice hotelbusiness tripbusiness hotelnight marketstayed here for nightsstar hotelhotel is locatedhome away from homespacious roommin walkhotel staffbreakfast buffetconvenient location
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been meaning to write about my experiences at this hotel for some time.I have stayed here on two separate visits to Thailand in the past year as a solo holiday traveller.I feel that for value for money ,location away from some of the hustle and bustle this hotel takes some beating.I think that if you pay that little bit more for the excellent Buffett breakfast you can go without needing lunch.The breakfast experience does not end with the food,the staff if you talk to them can always find a minute or two to speak to you which I love because I know it helps them to practice their English with me and also show they have a genuine interest in you their guest.It helps make you feel you have a home away from home.The smiles are genuine and sincere.The hotel is being progressively modernised which should help upkeep it's prestigious image,hopefully without losing it's value for money.The rooms are of a suitable size with huge bathrooms ,comfortable bedding .The rooms with flat screen TV are the ones to get,perhaps the picture quality needs investigation but that is no big deal.Come the evening happy hour is between 5-7pm which is worth utilising.The girls that provide the bar service are very attentive and caring.For dinner the Buffett is very good value and well presented.Overall I cannot speak more highly of all the staff from the General Manager to the housekeeper to the girl and boys on the door,but especially the restaurant and bar staff that I have got on first name terms with.I was very excited when on my second visit I was greeted like a long lost friend which does wonders for the ego.It is also worth noting the MRT station is nearly on the doorstep giving easy affordable access to everything Bangkok has to offer.If you want to have a happy interactive yet professional hotel this has to be the place.Am already thinking about my next visit after only being back home 1 month.

Room Tip: Bit quieter on back side of hotel though the noise is not that bad and I am a light sleeper
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank John Brian H
Swissotel_Bkk, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Le Concorde Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review.
We look forward to welcoming you soon :)

Reviewed September 17, 2012

An older hotel which you can see was purpose built and furnished as a high standard 5 star hotel years ago. Lots of marble, an impressive chandelier and carpets all around. Service was prompt, efficient and friendly. We were immediately welcomed with a nice cold drink, followed by a very swift check in process.

Our room, whilst old- was clean. We paid the cheapest rate, and hence didn't expect too much. I did not like the lousy pillows and uncomfortable mattress- most unlike a 5 star hotel.
The bathroom, again all marble with inlaid design, shows that it was impressive back in the day. The wood panelling above the wc is very nice- lends a luxurious feel to the bath. Shower was powerful, generic swissotel lavender toiletries were acceptable. Back in the room, CRT tv is a novelty. Wireless Internet was acceptable.

The executive club floor has a limited selection of alcoholic drinks- but the food was the best I ever had at any exec club lounge- and I have stayed in many. Scallops, mushroom with bacon, super nice cake and very attentive service. Seems to be recently renovated.

The hotel is trying hard- portions have been renovated. However, I hope they retain some unique luxury touches- like the wood panel in the bath, in laid marble tiles, and Good service overall.

Breakfast
Taken at the fountain cafe, it was good.

Location
Right next to the mrt station. We have heard feedback that the hotel isn't central- hey, with an mrt just 3 mins walk from the lobby, I don't think that's an issue!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Swissotel_Bkk, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Le Concorde Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Reviewed September 16, 2012

A very good business hotel and more importantly, enjoyed very much the good night's rest in the premier room on business trip. Taxis are plentiful and the subway about a few minutes walk away only. I enjoyed the spaciousness of the hotel from lobby, to room to conference facility. Also we enjoyed dining at the inexpensive Japanese restaurant Takami (compared to most in the city) where we had fresh sushi and sashimi. You cannot go wrong with this hotel for a night or two stay.

Room Tip: Choose high floors as the bustle of Ratchadapisek road is just on the doorstep of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sweetiemine
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Me and my golf friends stayed three nights in this hotel.
A three & half stars hotel with nice gym room & swimming pool, rooms are good size with small old box TV but with lots of English Chanels like News, movies & sports.
Hotel in very exciting night life area, two massage ladies in hotel are good.
Road Traffic not bad for day time, underground station not far & a large shopping mall only 5 mins away by taxi.
Breakfast good but service poor, waitress with hard face, no smile at all.
I recommend this hotel because of their reasonable room rate & facilities.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind review!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

After a rather tiring drive from Pattaya, and some long long jams, we finally reached Swissotel. The staff was very polite and we were given our room . We were relived to find that the room was neat , clean and had all the modern amenities. We had a good stay at the Hotel, the restaurant was good too. Overall , a nice comfortable stay. I recommend this one.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gaurav_81184
Swissotel_Bkk, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Le Concorde Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you so much! We look forward to welcoming you soon again!