If you are in Bangkok, just go there. Already the lobbby area makes you feel peaceful after all that noise and dust of Bangkok city. A fantastic flower arrangement and a flavour of lemongrass everywhere in that lobby area. The pool area is very nice with a good service. You definitely need to try the Spa which is on the other side of the Chao Phraya river (with a private hotel shuttle going there by boat at all times). Very peaceful Spa and very relaxing. The Sala Rim Naam restaurant ist just delicious. And a nice after-dinner cocktail on the terrace watching all those big ships passing by is a MUST... Rooms are nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental