10 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.com$802
Travelocity$802
Hurb$886
5,410 results
All reviews bamboo bar across the river floor butler author's lounge china house lord jim best hotels in the world riverside terrace thai restaurant butler service chao phraya river river view pool staff luxury hotel amazing hotel spa normandie
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2019

I grow up traveling to and from Bangkok all my life and at the end there is really no better hotel in Bangkok. In terms of service and quality... there really is no others to compare. Service is genuinely warm and friendly but not contrived. I always look forward to returning and enjoying my stay. See you again soon.

Date of stay: January 2019
3  Thank standardhollywood
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Dear standardhollywood,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to learn, especially from someone who has grown up travelling, that our renowned service impressed you. My colleagues and I assure you that we will continue to enhance our legendary standards, as well as service, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes.

Reviewed August 12, 2019

Staff are out of this world, nothing is too much. Purchase a drink an you get enough snacks for a small army. Lovely suites, massive balconies overlooking the river- always something to see. Gym state of the art and breakfast is an intense mission because there is so much choice. Only thing I would comment on is the room service, food is not the same standard as the rest of the hotel, even though the price is more.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank JulieKudja
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

Dear JulieKudja,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review with us on TripAdvisor. I am glad to learn that you had a wonderful experience whilst with us by the River of Kings and that our Fitness Centre as well as our breakfast buffet had impressed you. Your comments on the room service is well noted and will be taken on board for future improvement. My colleagues and I assured you that we will continue to enhance our legendary standards as well as service so that your next visit will be another pleasant and enjoyable one.

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Stay in MOBKK for one night before a trip to HK. Although the main wing was renovated, everything was still fabulous.

I stayed at Chaophraya room (formerly known as garden room). Khun Neung (หนึ่ง) guided me to the room, explaining everything to me again, he was very helpful, Khun Rittichai (ฤทธิชัย); my butler also gave me a great service. I asked him about my former butlers, some of them already retired. The hotel limousine driver (forgot his name) was a good driver.

Still my number one hotel❤️

I am looking forward to staying at the renovated main wing in October. Can’t wait being there

Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank TinnyKuma
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2019

Dear TinnyKuma,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are absolutely delighted to have you with us once again. The staff and management give a great deal of thought to fulfill the needs of our guests and to always strive for improvement of our overall high standard of service. It is, however, particularly gratifying when our guests take special notice, and we sincerely appreciate your compliment.

I will be sure to pass on your generous feedback to my colleagues, especially Khun Neung and Khun Rittichai, as it means a lot for us in maintaining and improving our service excellence. We await with pleasure for an opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel once again, after the renovation of the River Wing is completed in mid-October 2019.

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

I have posted great reviews of the oriental before as it’s one of my favourite places in Bangkok. On this occasion all was not well. The sweep up to the lobby was closed, so we where ushered clumsily to the Bamboo Bar. There was an unfortunate smell of sewers in the bar, and at 6pm, still a lot of drilling. Martinis seem to have shrunk, too. On to Le Normandie. The usual finesse was lacking there too. Canapés were odd, strangely presented, made with pedestrian ingredients. Poached foie gras so so, sea urchin and turbot great. Grand marnier minuscule. Overall way too much salt.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank fridrik15
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2019

Dear fridrik15,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor and I am deeply saddened to learn that you had an unpleasant experience during your recent visit to the hotel. Please rest assured this is currently being thoroughly investigated. Please can I ask you to contact me directly so we can discuss this further as we would greatly appreciate having the opportunity to learn more about your time with us and rectify the situation – my contact details are e-mail, fdroin@mohg.com, or call me at +66 (0) 2 659 9000 ext. 7005.

May I take this opportunity to let you know that all feedback is gratefully received as we strive to ensure that all our guests leave us with lasting positive memories and we are just so sorry that this didn’t happen for you. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 15, 2019 via mobile

I loved being in Mandarin Oriental, rooms are beautiful, with awesome view, location is the best, breakfast excellent with many options of everything, I would really recommend this hotel, and I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank analM1981MH
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2019

Dear analM1981MH,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor and we are delighted to learn that you had a fantastic experience with us and enjoyed our setting, rooms, views and breakfast. Your kind words mean so much to us all. We are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Land of Smiles again soon.

Best wishes.