11 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$808
Travelocity$808
Hurb$893
5,417 results
All reviews bamboo bar across the river floor butler author's lounge china house lord jim best hotels in the world riverside terrace thai restaurant butler service chao phraya river river view pool staff luxury hotel amazing hotel spa normandie
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019

This hotel is amazing however my Wife is Indonesian and the check in experience sour our entire experience. My Wife is used to being looked down upon by hotel staff when travelling in Thailand however this is something I will never get used too.

Seriously Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok at your level of price I would think you would train preconceptions out of your staff. Your wonderful physical hotel has seen the last of my dollars.

I am truely sad to say this as your hotel is wonderful otherwise.

Room tip: Think twice
Date of stay: April 2019
5  Thank Cold B
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2019

Dear Pirate_Turtle

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with us on TripAdvisor. I am deeply sad to learn that you had an unpleasant experience with us during your recent visit. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of our entire staff.
If I may, I would very much like to learn more details about this incident. Would you please let me know if we could contact you, via phone or email, to discuss this further? You can also contact me directly at my e-mail: fdroin@mohg.com.

After all, we are indeed sad for having failed to offer you the renowned Oriental hospitality experience. Please accept our sincere apologies once again. I truly hope that we could hear from you so we would know more about what had happened. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

I can not rave enough about my visit. Everything was professional, elegant and seamless from pick up at the airport (private driver in new 7-series BMW), room butler, upgraded suite (for my birthday), every meal and any service needed.

I was quite concerned about the renovation when I booked and almost switched hotels but so glad I didn’t. The service was exceptional and they went over the top for my birthday, with gorgeous flowers (from the concierge, butler and cleaning service), to a breakfast birthday cake and various treats over a few days. Overly thoughtful.

The renovation did not impact our stay, but my view of the river did overlook the construction of the pool and tower. The hotel is on the mainland, and you have to take the hotel ferry/shuttle across the river to the spa, fitness center and their Thai restaurant.

For the spa - best massage I have ever had in my life! Anong may appear tiny but she was a strong woman. They were kind enough to upgrade my massage room - steam/shower, massage bed, massage table, jacuzzi. I was spoiled and think I can’t have another massage in the US. ‍♀️

The only negative I have to say is although the concierge is helpful, I think they push the wrong restaurants/tours to fill numbers. They suggested the Thai show/dinner and was so touristy I felt like I was on a cruise. The restaurant decor should be updated and the food was just ok. I was disappointed to waste an evening there when I had restaurants of my own I wanted to try. They do mean well and were very helpful when I inquired about specific sights, and suggested the best means of transportation (via river or car).

All other meals were excellent and the breakfast was a highlight with fresh fruits, made to order juices/smoothies and traditional menu items.

The complimentary river cruise offered by the hotel is quick and a great way to see the scenery/locals/feed the fish in the river (it’s like a frenzy).

Le Normandie was also a favorite - not to be missed! We were not at the hotel for lunch or tea time but looked fantastic, as well.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank AFoodieDMV
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2019

Dear AFoodieDMV

Thank you very much for sharing your kind review with us on TripAdvisor. I am most delighted to learn that you were satisfied with our renowned Oriental service being rendered during your recent stay with us at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. Your comment on our Concierge is well noted and will be taken on board for future improvement. It was most kind of you to provide us with your feedback since it is only through valuable guest comments that we can understand the needs and expectations of our guests. Once again, thank you. My colleagues and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’ for another wonderful experience by the River of Kings.

Reviewed June 27, 2019 via mobile

Had a really great time with madarin oriental hotel with excellent service. The boat trip and the breakfast was amazing. Location is great,near the big shopping centre,easily accessible by boat. One of the most beautiful hotels with professional and friendly staffs.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank CCCandiceee

Dear CCCandiceee,

Thank you so much for sharing your delightful feedback with us on TripAdvisor, following your recent visit to Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. We are absolutely delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your stay. We await with pleasure for an opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed June 15, 2019

We were delighted staying at MO. We are used to staying at Four Season, but MO wowed us in a way that now MO is definitely our first choice. We felt as part of a family, something that we've never felt before in a hotel. Everyone goes above and beyond to make you happy. They should be rated 6 star hotel!. Every single thing is beautifully made (served & personalized) for you. It is worth it every cent! Highly recommend! It is definitely a whole new hotel experience. Congrats MO Bangkok!

Date of stay: May 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank 583cassiaf
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2019

Dear 583cassiaf,

Thank you so much for sharing your delightful feedback with us on TripAdvisor, following your recent visit to Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. We are absolutely delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your stay, especially the legendary Oriental service which we are renowned for. We await with pleasure for an opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed June 13, 2019

Our stay was beyond expectations in every way. It is one of the top 5 luxury hotels we have ever stayed in, and the best in Bangkok without question. From the time we were picked up at the Airport to being escorted all the way to Security checkpoint when returning to the airport, it was a 5-star experience.

Room tip: Beds are like sleeping in clouds. Newly renovated and latest technology in the rooms.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Mobile26972570047
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2019

Dear Mobile26972570047,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. All my colleagues and I at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok would love to welcome you back again in the not too distant future!