I went back to Thailand in December and again stayed at the Oriental. Upon arrival as I am a previous guest and since the hotel wasn't that busy(I arrived Tue 8th although did get busier later in week) I was offered an upgrade to one of the best suites in the house(while not cheap wasn't ridiculous by Oriental prices). I must say that once again the hotel met all my expectations and did not dissapoint on any level. I have read many reviews on this site and am surprised by the few negative reviews that I have seen. Having stayed in all levels of accomodation here over the years I can honestly say I have never had any issues and the service always was and still is up there with absolutely anywhere in the world. The only drawback for most with the place is the price difference (sometimes 50% dearer than the best of the other 5*) however if you can afford it or if you want to be pampered it is worth it for the experience. It is also in a good location right on the river(easy for boat trips etc) and is very close to the State Tower(Lebua) on Silom Rd. Visiting there is a must for the Sky Bar and the restaurant Scirocco-the highest open air restauarant in the world. Lastly,my partner lost her camera and e-mailed the hotel once home to see if they had it - they didn't but sent piles of photos of Bangkok and the hotel back !!!
Iain - Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental