4,951 results
All reviews bamboo bar across the river floor butler author's lounge china house sala rim naam lord jim best hotels in the world grand dame riverside terrace garden wing cooking school thai restaurant butler service view of the river chao phraya river hotel boat
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2017

The Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The staff were excellent, anticipating each and every one of my and my companion's needs, and the pool was a divine oasis in the middle of a very busy city.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2017

Dear Beverley T,

Thank you for your kind review. It is truly a pleasure to learn that you were pleased with the service rendered by my colleagues during your stay with us by the River of Kings. We await with pleasure the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed April 26, 2017

Fantastic location on the river, amazing views, beautiful lobby's and impressive hotel and rooms plus the best best staff anywhere!!!!! Lord Jim's breathtaking views, food and service including singing happy birthday complete with cake!! Highly recommended- push the boat out!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MOBangkok, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2017

Dear 1Omegas,

Thank you for sharing your delightful review with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel ambiance, our restaurant and our renowned Oriental service. We really hope to welcome you back for another exquisite stay in the not too distance future.

Reviewed April 25, 2017

Pleasant and luxurious in every way. Room furnishing are warm and without any more needs. Suite butlers are super attentive! Food in restaurants is tasty and bountiful in choices.The Bamboo Bar is wonderful. Restaurant/bar nighttime atmosphere very enjoyable. Concierge is totally thinking ahead for your requests for help. I can strongly say this is the place to stay while in Bangkok. I could have easily stayed much longer in this hotel and Bangkok.

Room tip: Suite level is the best!
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear whynot4382,

I am happy to learn that you are pleased with the service rendered by my colleagues during your recent stay with us by the River of Kings! Thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok for another memorable experience at some stage in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 25, 2017

Wonderful experience in this hotel. Cannot fault anything. Would definitely stay here again. Staff very friendly and helpful. Bed really comfortable ensuring a great nights sleep. Everything you need is catered for.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Regina R,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok and thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with us! We await with pleasure the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed April 25, 2017

This is a large, high-end luxury hotel. There is staff everywhere, and security is always a top concern. The hotel highly values old-school social etiquette (e.g., no shorts in the lobby in the evening) and works hard to maintain its elegance.

A must-do is the Bamboo Bar. This could be right out of a movie. The jazz singer and band are fantastic (I didn't catch her name but I know she lives in GA now). She and her band really are worth the visit.

Overall, if you want a large, high-end, luxury hotel, this is the place in Bangkok.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Mason D,

I am happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay and that you had an enjoyable experience at the renowned Bamboo Bar. My colleagues and I assured you that we will continue to enhance our legendary standards as well as service so that your next visit will be another pleasant and memorable one. We await the pleasure of welcoming you at La Grande Dame once again!