The Mandarin Oriental is an excellent hotel. The service is amazing and all of the staff were friendly and excellent. The view of the river was lovely, and it was great that to get to the signature restaurant and hotel spa you took the wooden hotel boat across the river.
The day beds by the pool were the perfect place to relax and enjoy some thai food with a pina colada! We were also invited to the managers drinks one night in the original part of the hotel which we really enjoyed.
We did a massage at the hotel spa, and although it was good, it was nothing special. For a similar price i am sure you can have a more special experience. That being said, it was lovely to go down to the massage in your hotel robe straight from you room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental