I have been coming here over 30 years (most recently with my 4 children in tow) and this hotel never ceases to amaze me. It is simply incredible how they keep up the consistency in the level of service and attention to detail.
An oasis of calm in a very bustling city. Superb smiling service (I lost count the number of times I was greeted by name!). Great choice of restaurants. Wonderful pool and pool service. Superb gym including a squash court and 2 tennis courts! Great arrival and departure service at the Airport. The list goes on and on.
Yes, it may be more expensive by comparison with its peers but it is worth every penny.
Without doubt the best hotel in Bangkok and in my opinion the best "city" hotel in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental