Oh Mandarin Oriential Bangkok, where should I start with my review...?
I recently stayed four nights attending an onsite conference at the MO Bangkok. This is a smaller property compare to the Pen or Shangari-la near by, but has its old time charm. What really stands out at the MO is its service. I booked roundtrip airport transfer, and a BMW 7 seriers was waiting for me promptly at the airport when I arrived. When we pulled into the hotel, an check in agent greeted me as I was stepping out of the car and I was ushered directly to my room. Brief paperwork was done in my room and everything was explained to me thoroughly. My room was small and had a partial view of the river, but given the group rate we obtained as conference attendee(only about half of MO's regular rate), no complaints there. Shortly after, butler brought over the welcome drink, very refreshing and hit the spot right, especially after almost 24 hours of traveling. The room is clean, spotless clean, and has everything you need.
Serives at the MO is as expected, down to every detail. Breakfast buffet is served on the river side and inside seating is not allowed, if you choose to have the buffet. This is where i think MO can improve, sitting along side the river is great, the view is also great, but with Bangkok's heat and humidity, which easily reaches over 30C in the morning does not make the BF expereience enjoyable.
Hotel's location is very convinent as well. I had half of a day free and was able to easily get to the BTS station via hotel shuttle boat and explore Bangkok. If you do venture out to the city and decided to take the tuk-tuk back, please note that they do not allow tuk-tuk to enter the hotel courtyard, you will need to get off outside of the gate.
Overall i would rate my experience at the MO excellent. The service is absolutely top notch, but perhaps alittle over the top, and you will certainly pay for it. You will definiately be pampered at the MO Bangkok, but i just felt all the extra attention focused on me is a little over the top, but whom am I to judge :)?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental