Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
4,589 results
All reviewsbamboo baracross the riverfloor butlerauthor's loungechina housesala rim naamlord jimbest hotels in the worldgrand dameriverside terracegarden wingthai restaurantbutler serviceview of the riverchao phraya riverhotel boatpool staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2013

It's all been said - just a fantastic hotel.

I had the unlucky pleasure of needing to use the on-site clinic. The nurse gave me some anti-nausea medication and electrolyte mix which helped me recover in short order. I likely got food poisoning in Cambodia - my previous location. I've never even thought about medical care when choosing a hotel. But, I am grateful the Mandarin Oriental has a clinic. A doctor is even available to consult briefly each day. I give a special thank you to Siriluk Onsri, the nurse on duty and local hospital supervisor who helped me.

Oh, we'd chosen an Author's Suite in the River Wing and glad we did. Since I spent so much time in the room the views of the river were incredible. The extra powder room came in handy too :(

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We spent five nights at the Mandarin Oriental this past November. Everyone who reads these Trip Advisor reviews knows that this is a superlative hotel in every way. Nothing more I can add to this long list of superlatives except one idea . . . splurge a little and try one of their "State Rooms." Amazing end units on the river with views of the river on two sides, usable balcony and the most beautiful room furnishings and design you can imagine!

Room Tip: See my review above - go for a "State Room" - preferably facing north. But either direction is fine. These are exceptional rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MOBangkok, Communications Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear travelcritic94920

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok; and thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor review in particular regarding the exceptional State Rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is a living legend. The rooms are thoughtfully done, as is everything about the place. The lobby is the best place to people watch, and the river side is the place to get lost in your thoughts. Every attention is given to detail!! The staff is wonderful, and all the restaurants are great. You will not want to leave the hotel to eat. Each restaurant is distinct and can stand with the best in the world. This was our 15th stay, and we always look forward to returning.

Room Tip: River view is the best!! Higher floors have less river noise, but there really isn't much of that.

Dear judie p

Thank you for posting an excellent review about your 15th stay at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. I am delighted that you consider us a living legend. I am pleased to read that our team has consistently exceeded your expectations over the years. Thank you for recommending our iconic hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back for your 16th stay with us next year!

Best wishes

Reviewed December 12, 2013

What else can you say? The place is a legend, and it's justified. Lovely room, beautiful decor, great breakfast on the bustling terrace by the even more bustling river. But towering above it all, the truly memorable service. It's a big hotel, but I never even once waited for reception, the floor butler helped with every request, and you generally felt like a fully valued customer. This is what so many other places need to learn, and a skill that the Mandarin Oriental has developed over decades to be a thing of wonder to behold. Excellent.

1  Thank nuthatch_birder

Dear nuthatch_birder

Thank you for this positive review of Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok and for your continued patronage! It’s wonderful to hear that you particularly enjoyed the memorable breakfast experience and butter service. We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’ in the future!

Warmest personal regards
Communication Manager

Reviewed December 12, 2013

i came here for a cheeky tiger beer even though i wasn't a guest...because...well...why not. see how the other half live, eh? i got treated like royalty even though i clearly don't look rich enough to stay there and i was only having a beer but the river views are fantastic. gotta be done!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank r_jacz

Dear r_jacz,

Thank you for this great review of Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the legendary service and iconic atmosphere. Please come back and visit us again in the near future!

Warm regards