This is probably the best hotel in the world. The standards of comfort and service are beyond belief. Nothing is too much trouble. Each of the restaurants is worthy of a rave review in itself but collectively they are unbeatable. The buffet restaurant on the terrace and the Thai restaurant on the other side of the river provide a wonderful Al Fresco experience and Lord Jim's is one of the best restaurants in Bangkok. Great pool area and amazing spa. I cannot recommend the Mandarin highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental