Stunning hotel, unparalleled service, I just can't fault it. I always stay here for a couple of nights when passing through Bangkok. It's a real oasis of calm in the middle of a busy city. It's not cheap, but you do get what you pay for. I would suggest booking a room with a breakfast inclusive rate unless you don't mind paying $200 for a family of 4! However the buffet, on the terrace right by the river, provides a lovely setting and the food is top notch. There is also an excellent Jazz bar, great place to retire to after dinner. It's difficult to see how this place could be improved. Go and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental