We went as a family to the Thai dance evening; the food was outstanding and the service ideal.
The performance was gentle and charming, not able to judge how authentic it was but we all enjoyed it especially our grand-daughters aged 8 and 3. The performers were very amenable, a lovely evening.
Another evening we sampled the buffet dinner on the terrace and again this was absolutely spot on; two very special evenings as you would expect from a Chain of such prestige!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental