Really superb luxury hotel, with splendid riverside location. We stayed here as part of our 3 week trip to Thailand & Hong Kong. I think this is probably the best city hotel we have stayed at in recent years.
The staff were very helpful, welcoming and always peased to do their best to look after guests, and we felt their attitude was real, natural and not forced.
Our room was on the 12th floor with butler service,overlooking the river, which it was always busy. The bathroom was spectacular, and clearly very recently refurbished, the room was not large but adequate.
There are 3 restaurants on the riverside terrace and we did not eat out at all as it was wonderful to sit beside the rive and simply watch what was going on.
The hotel has a traditional Thai restaurant on the opposite side of the river with a constantly running ferry to take guest across. We ate at it on one occasion, when the traditional Thai dancers were performing which was enthralling - about twenty dancers and with each dance there was a "crib card" to explain what the dance was all about and the different parts of it, very useful to understand it all. The meal was a Thai banquet, about 14 different dishes, helpful as it meant we did not need to choose ourselves! My wife cannot eat hot / spicey but they were used to this and the dishes were amended / changed accordingly.
Breakfast on the Terrace was an indulgence with a magnificent buffet available, plus waiter sevice if required, every style of food imaginable, and the wonerful view too!
Great hotel, would definitely stay again on a future visit to Bangkok!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental