We stayed for three nights and loved everything about it. From the stunning foyer, with its fabulous displays of orchids to the pagoda-shaped ferry to take you to the spa across the river, it was just special. Rooms that were really well thought out, with lots of nice touches and treats. Charming, attentive staff throughout. When our dinner guest turned up in shorts (banned along with flipflops and backpacks in the evening), he was issued with some jogging pants with no fuss at all! We enjoyed the lunches and dinners that we had by the river terrace, especially the fish dishes.
The riverside location is a terrific asset and you are one minute from a ferry terminal from where you can get to anywhere along the river - by far the best way to travel in Bankok where the traffic is horrendous.
The pool fringed with tropical vegetation was lovely and we never had any difficulty at all in securing loungers or pool service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental