Even though I spent a week for business, I felt like being on holidays. Breakfast at the terrace is charming, with great views of the river. The food is excellent and the service impeccable. The rooms are nice with a touch of "colonial" and the library and pool add to a relaxing feeling. The conference rooms are good, yet it is one of the rare hotels that managed to adjust the aircon from freezing to pleasant. Didn't even leave the hotel on the free afternoon and just enjoyed the serene setting of the hotel. Well done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental