Well, what can I add? The Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok is truly the best hotel in the world. The pampering spoils one for normal life - yet it does not make one feel stuffy in the least.
Breakfast or lunch on the terrace with long-tail boats chugging down river in the background take you in to another world. The superb breakfast offering everything under the sun (except that you enjoy delightful shade in this hot climate). Service that whisks away used plates the moment they are finished; tea poured as soon as the cup is empty.
When entering the elevator to the floor of your room, the charming person positioned to do so, watches in the elevator mirror to see which floor you habitually go to and presses the button for you before you ask if he has done so before.
More than meets expectations. Truly a leading hotel of the world. I would spend the rest of my life there if I could afford it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental