“Montien Hotel Bangkok”

Montien Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #377 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Booked through Travel Agent , never again whilst room was ok it stunk of Cigarette Smoke (through AC) Staff especially the Door Man are excellent, restaurants are good ,we were supposed to get a Welcome Drink and Fruit Tray didn't get that and when we checked out were told we had take a Facewasher which we hadn't. we also made a late checkout which cost us 1560 bhat and considering we didn't check in until almost 10pm I though was a bit steep, wont stay agaon

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maxandwendy
There are newer reviews for Montien Hotel Bangkok

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our stay at the Montien Hotel in Bangkok was fantastic. The room was spacious, well appointed and very clean. The staff was wonderful from the bellman to the room staff. The food and service was excellent and the breakfast buffet was delicious. The location was very convenient to everything.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Had the corporate package with internet and excellent breakfast buffet included.
shared a double room with my son. We were there during a Buddhist holiday and visited a festival at a temple practically next door which was interesting.

Patpong district across the street has the nightly stalls selling everything and has everything Bangkok is noted for.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SwissHawaiian
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Me and my husband enjoy our stay here, just like a second honeymoon.
Great service and very helpful staff.
Very near to shopping area and easy to find halal food for muslim friends.
Mosque is nearby with the help of Tut-tut

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pekaboooooooooo
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three times because of my job, but in my every stay there's always a problem when I checked out, such as missing towel and they asked me to bring back the towel or pay for it (in fact the housekeeping forget to put the towel in the room), and many more. They have new building and old building, the old building has a minim light, it's little bit creepy in my opinion. Room is quiet big, but it has no coffee/tea maker facility. Location quite good, near to MRT station about 5min walking distance. And there is a night market in front of the hotel and a lot of bars surrounding the hotel.

Room Tip: choose the new building room, much better than the old one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SherlyTan
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I came here for some 38 years, many, many times and more than 200 times in Thailand with my business: classical western music.

MONTIEN HOTEL on SURAWONGSE ROAD is wonderful hotel in many ways: as a hotel, a meeting place in the lobby, for coffee and cakes, and for several fine restaurants inside, also a wonderful shopping arcade and the best barber shop in the world (REAL barber- and hair cut shop).

I took my son (10 years old) here to get a hair cut by my good old hair cutter at “Montien Barber Shop”: MR. DARM (Thai), now a old man on 78 years. I used him for 38 years now, because HE is the best hair cutter in the world!!!! - Hold on to all the best in the world!!!
My wife is from Asia (not Thailand) and my son is the best of both worlds: half West and East.

The doorman has been there for some 100 years and he too is a institution and trade mark of this wonderful hotel. Also a wonderful “welcome” to Montien Hotel! He always make you feel at home, right away!

And don’t forget to try JADE GARDEN Chine restaurant inside to the right. It is one of the best Chinese in town.

PS: There is an other Montien in Bangkok, but I love the one right in the centre, close to shops and shopping and all major original Thai attractions like tempels, historical sites, and all that jazz.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here at the Montien two nights enroute to Phuket, and had we have no complaints. Friendly staff especially Mr Ratsak the famous doorman who is very helpful, good buffet breakfast and close to the weekend markets and the sky bar. Room was all we needed and the pool was quiet and clean. Famous Patpong is busy and bustling, and right at the end of the driveway, it had my husbands eyes spinning like a kid in a lolly shop as every bar had an open door to entice one into their pole dancing clubs.We would stay here again it was my second stay in Bangkok and I enjoyed it. Its not new and ultra modern but its clean and our room was spacious and tasteful and I felt very safe.

Room Tip: we asked for non smoking and there were none available but I couldn't notice smoke smell in the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple