Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Priceline
$41
Go to your Happy Price
warrensapp99
New York City, New York

Amazing trip to Bangkok &,stayed@ this local hotel brand, The MONTIEN RIVERSIDE.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 20, 2011
What a fun and exciting trip to Bangkok. I was in this city for few days before traveling to Cambodia and Laos. On the way back, I stopped by Bangkok for one more night before catching my flight home. So I searched online and founded this particular hotel by the river...and I enjoyed staying here, breakfast was great, the staff was friendly and the lobby was by far the best hotel I have seen in this region and located on the riverbank so I wouldn't have to worry about the traffic and the hectics of busy Bangkok. It was quiet a relaxing day for the last day of my vacation.

Thank you all .
4.8 miles from Montien Riverside Hotel
2.3 miles from Montien Riverside Hotel
5.0 miles from Montien Riverside Hotel
View more hotels in Bangkok
All reviews the river nice hotel free shuttle service central bangkok chicken pie taxi shopping skytrain thb
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2011

my wife and i were at the montien riverside, between the 27 and 31 of august 2011.
we checked in and found out that we had forgotten copies of our reservation, however there was no hassle as the hotel had a copy in hand and the check in was smooth.
the room was spacious, very clean though the deco was dated and there was no flat screen tv...no big deal.
however one minus point was the absence of complimentary coffee making facilities.
breakfast was included in the package and was good.
all levels of staff were polite, friendly and helpful.
the hotel is a little out of the way but there is a complimentary shuttle to the bts station and their sister hotel in the city. the hotel taxis are also good and reasonable.
all in all we had a good trip in a great hotel in our favourite city.

Date of stay: August 2011
1  Thank vijigan75
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed at the Montein Riverside hotel during one of my last trips to Bangkok in FEB 2011. I have stayed in Bangkok on a few occasions and just love that city and I have also stayed in various hotels.

Now I booked this hotel sight unseen via wotif.com using their mystery hotel option. Granted when I found out where it was I was a little put off that is was out near the river but it did not take long for me to get over that as getting to the nearest Skytrain was easy enough and the hotel put on a free shuttle to their sister hotel near Patpong.

I have to agree with some other reviews about this hotel, it is showing its age slightly but in my opinion is still a grand old dame of a hotel ! The service from the staff at this place is 100% and I could not fault it.
The head concierge is an asset to the hotel and was always near by and happy to answer anything we had questions about and offered us great advice and was able to brief the taxi drivers where we wanted to go prior to getting in.

Breakfast was nice and the room was large and the bed was comfortable. We were surprised with rose petals spread on the bed as it was our anniversary. Well done Montien.

I am not sure if I will return as I like buying mystery hotels but if I get this one again I know I will be happy with my stay and experience.

Date of stay: February 2011
1  Thank HAR0
Reviewed August 22, 2011

It is not close to anything. Once you are there it has all you need. Good restaurant and lounge are. Good spa. Great views of the river. Very romantic place to spend time in your room at night.

Date of stay: November 2010

Room safe

Rooms are very clean

Good choice of restaurants

WIFI charge

Location is a little away from central Bangkok ... a quick taxi ride out and a quick and fun Tuk Tuk ride back from you nigh market shopping or night out in central bangkok

The hotel still uses the old lock and key method

Hotels location is a Chao Praya river side ... a nice location but as stated earlier a littl way from central BKK

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Very nice lobby and spacious room although a bit outdated. Excellent breakfast and very helpful staff. The only downside for us were the location, at that price we feel it's too far away from shops, market and restaurants, however the BTS Skytrain station is a few minutes taxi drive from the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2011