Lowest prices for your stay
$49
$50
Fully refundable before Sat, May 25
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
$38
Fully refundable before Tue, May 21
No fees just great deals
HAR0
Darwin, Australia

Grand old Dame, a little dated but fantastic service !

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 23, 2011
I stayed at the Montein Riverside hotel during one of my last trips to Bangkok in FEB 2011. I have stayed in Bangkok on a few occasions and just love that city and I have also stayed in various hotels.

Now I booked this hotel sight unseen via wotif.com using their mystery hotel option. Granted when I found out where it was I was a little put off that is was out near the river but it did not take long for me to get over that as getting to the nearest Skytrain was easy enough and the hotel put on a free shuttle to their sister hotel near Patpong.

I have to agree with some other reviews about this hotel, it is showing its age slightly but in my opinion is still a grand old dame of a hotel ! The service from the staff at this place is 100% and I could not fault it.
The head concierge is an asset to the hotel and was always near by and happy to answer anything we had questions about and offered us great advice and was able to brief the taxi drivers where we wanted to go prior to getting in.

Breakfast was nice and the room was large and the bed was comfortable. We were surprised with rose petals spread on the bed as it was our anniversary. Well done Montien.

I am not sure if I will return as I like buying mystery hotels but if I get this one again I know I will be happy with my stay and experience.
Date of stay: February 2011
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    $80
    $86
5.0 miles from Montien Riverside Hotel
View more hotels in Bangkok
All reviews the river nice hotel free shuttle service central bangkok chicken pie taxi shopping skytrain thb
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2011

It is not close to anything. Once you are there it has all you need. Good restaurant and lounge are. Good spa. Great views of the river. Very romantic place to spend time in your room at night.

Date of stay: November 2010

Room safe

Rooms are very clean

Good choice of restaurants

WIFI charge

Location is a little away from central Bangkok ... a quick taxi ride out and a quick and fun Tuk Tuk ride back from you nigh market shopping or night out in central bangkok

The hotel still uses the old lock and key method

Hotels location is a Chao Praya river side ... a nice location but as stated earlier a littl way from central BKK

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Very nice lobby and spacious room although a bit outdated. Excellent breakfast and very helpful staff. The only downside for us were the location, at that price we feel it's too far away from shops, market and restaurants, however the BTS Skytrain station is a few minutes taxi drive from the hotel.

2  Thank JeepeeQC
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We chose to stay at the Montien Riverside based on price. The hotel is very impressive with a nice, fancy lobby and multiple restaurants. It was right on the river, but not very close to other attractions. There is a shuttle that will take you to one of the river docks and you can get to everything you need to from there. We took a taxi from the airport for about $10 (300baht). The price was the same to the main shopping area- Siam Paragon. We did not have trouble using the taxis and it was not too expensive.

Room- The room was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the internet connection worked great, although it was not free. Our bathroom had a large glass stand up shower and very big bathtub. The airconditioner leaked and made puddles on the floor, but everything else was wonderful.

Breakfast- The daily breakfast is included with the room and was the best one I have ever been to. There was every available breakfast option and many local dishes to try. We loved spending our morning having breakfast in the atrium area.

Overall, the hotel was very nice. It is a little far from some of the main attractions, but it was quiet and worth the extra effort.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany_UTA
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Negatives - Cups and water boiler in room but no tea or coffee provided. Internet costs 200baht for 30 minutes (WiFi card from True costs 300baht for 5 hours). Thai TV and news channels offered free but no movie channel or cartoons offered. Children's movie cost Euro 12. Located away from restaurants and shopping districts. Needs updating. Sun terrace available but not near pool and no accessible shower to cool off. By Bangkok standards, breakfast was poor. We were asked to sit at a table with a dirty tablecloth where there had been a cup of coffee spilled by the previous occupant!! The room came cheap at 2000 baht a night but charging approx 250baht for a small beer in the bar is a rip off!

Positives - free shuttle bus to skytrain and Central Department store but hey - it only costs 2Euro in a taxi to either. Staff are friendly and helpful.

1  Thank MaryRDublin