Lowest prices for your stay
$23
Free cancellation until 12/19/21
Hotels.com$23
Booking.com$23
Hurb$27
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The hotel is located in China Town so I expected quite a bit of hustle and bustle. Given it is in a major city, it was busy, but not in the way I had expected. It was very much a "locals" sort of area and so there were all sorts of businesses selling their wares or services to the locals. As soon as the businesses closed in the early evening the place became very quiet and there was not much going on.

The hotel itself had very friendly staff, but the hotel was a bit shabby around the edges and there was an ant problem in the room I was in. The ants got into all of my stuff so I had to spend my last night emptying out my suitcase and trying to get rid of the ants as well as I could before my onward travels to Australia.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank LittleLollyTravels
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed at the GCP for 3 nights in August, 2011. Lovely hotel, clean rooms, good size, great views, and staff were friendly & helpful..all things considered a very good place to stay. Being right in Chinatown area is great and not far from the river for ferries and a short walk to the train (MRT) for Skytrain connections into the shoppong area of Bangkok, cost 40baht..

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kades51
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Booked GCP 7 months ago and was looking forward to some rest and relaxation after 48 hrs of travelling and got just what we needed! 3 nights through The Flight Centre and got one free. Inc brealfast which was great.. Room service was impecable.. Well worth that little extra! All staff are great and revolving restaurqnt seems to have had a makeover and is looking good, really relaxed but professional hotel. Well done! *****

Date of stay: July 2011
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights and everything was perfect. Room was large and clean. Bathroom just had a shower and no bath but that was good as no water flowed over the floor like most hotels do. Rooms had tea coffee making facilities also. Our room was on the 20th floor and had an amazing view. At night it was so quiet so we were able to sleep well.
Staff were amazing especially the porters who would find taxis for us that would use their meters.
Breakfast was just superb everyday. Such a nice variety to choose from. Western, asian and halal food.
The pool was a bit of a hike to get to it. Its more a small plunge pool. But it was ok for a quick dip.
There is a small cafe on the second floor that served thai food. It was so nice. The other small cafe on the ground floor is closed atm but will be opening soon.
Post office directly across the road if you need to post back any excess shopping :)
A great stay and we will for sure be back soon .

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Beezely
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed a week at the GCP and found it to be a very pleasant stay. The rooms were spacious & clean with nice sized bathrooms, room safes, and a very courteous staff. We ate in the restaurant several times and never had a bad meal. I never had any problem with transportation, just take several of the hotel business cards with you and hand them to your driver, and they will know where to take you. The desk staff were very helpful with writing out names of temples & markets, to give to the drivers. We also took advantage of the travel agency in the hotel to book flights to Chiang Mai & Phuket. My friend used the hotel's spa, and was very pleased with their services. All-in-all, I found this hotel to be a great base for sight-seeing in Bangkok.

Date of stay: September 2010