“No better place to stay”
Review of BelAire Bangkok

BelAire Bangkok
Ranked #157 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“No better place to stay”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We've stayed at the BelAire Bangkok more times than I can remember over the last 10 years - always for a couple of nights at the start and end of a month long holiday in Thailand. And over those 10 years this hotel has just got better and better - always a great welcome, discrete and quietly efficient staff, comfortable and spacious rooms. Most of all it's great value and located in a very useful part of town close to the Skytrain, street markets in Sukhumvit Road and some good eating places. Soi 5 is no longer the quiet side-street it used to be but don't be put off by the approach to this hotel - once inside you immediately forget the noise, dust and heat outside. Free wi-fi in all rooms, good buffet breakfast (there's also fantastic food at Took Lae Dee restaurant in the Foodland supermarket at the other end of the street). Can't recommend this hotel highly enough! I hope it never changes.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very comfortable - a higher floor offers a better view though
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear portsidejane,

Warm greetings from BelAire Bangkok!

Thank you for sharing your encouraging words through TripAdvisor. And we are very happy that you have been supporting us for the past 10 years, and we are very proud of it! It has been our top priority to provide warm and friendly service to our valued guests, and this is one of the many reasons why our guests keep coming back to BelAire.

Likewise we appreciate your comments about our facilities (clean & spacious rooms, free wifi, etc). The photos you have posted will also be helpful for other guests to have a glimpse of our hotel from another guest's point of view.

We all hope to welcome you back very soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, Calif. USA
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at the Bel Aire for 7 days. I split my trip to visit Ko Samet returning after the Island. Usually I stay in other parts of the city due to the crowded area that is Sukumvit. But this trip I thought I'd change things up and I was happy I did. I noticed some reviews that said the walk from the hotel was a negative. If you don't like walking then one should just stay away from Bangkok. Bangkok is walking. Along the two block journey there is much entertaining to be enjoyed. The area is filled with everything one could ask. If solitude is what you want you are in the wrong place, but the rooms and hotel provide a very pleasant escape from the fun madness. The area is a entertaining circus of massage parlors, restaurants for Western, Asian and Middle Eastern foods, plus it's in the center of a very active shopping and nightlife area. The main road leading from the area happens to be in a area frequented by Thai ladyboys. They are non threatening and also entertaining but beware of spending time with them. They are very streetwise and some are looking for more than a good time with you. Stay clear of them but enjoy the many sights and smells that are in that area. It's a fun and safe place to stay. The skytrain is handy for traveling the city and doing business. The hotel was clean and I thought it was friendly and business like. They provide a free breakfast every day and I enjoyed that service. The rooms were very nice, large and had cable television. Room service was good but the area is totally saturated with so many food stalls and restaurants I only used them for small last minute snacks. They offer a very nice pool with a small gym connected to it. There are hi rise hotel sprouting up all around you so you won't ever have a sence of privacy. All the boo boos aside it was safe and that's the main concern. I would bring my cell phone and get a cim card to make outside calls because the hotel prices are not good. They pile on the surcharges and to dispute them is useless. They have two computers that are in the lobby charging a small fee which I think is a bit petty for a hotel of this size. I've stayed all over Asia in small guest houses that provide that service free of charge. I would book this hotel online because walk ins are much more expensive. In Asia you get what you pay for meaning don't expect to get anything free but you won't be cheated either. It's all mathamatics and Asia is good with math so always watch your bill to keep everyone honest. The staff was very nice but never forget that in Asia you must be very patient and never lose your cool with anyone. Losing your temple shows lack of self control and you lose face and respect by over reacting to the small stuff. I always try to remind myself that I'm there because I want to be there. No one sent or forced me to travel. Speak slowly and be respectful yet assertive. One will be surprised how issues clean up when you act nice and smile. it's like magic. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Anywhere I travel: I always stay below the 6th floor. Fire rescue can't save you if you are too...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank steadicamdaddy
Dear steadicamdaddy,

Sawasdee khrap!

We would like to give you a big thanks for posting your feedback from your most recent stay with us! Your words cerate a vivid image of our hotel in the minds of other travelers around the world. Your description of our hotel, the location, happenings around the area, and tips about the local culture will surely help other guests who plan to stay in Sukhumvit Soi 5.

And above all, we are glad that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Bangkok. We are proud to have you in our long list of satisfied guests.

Thank you for your big support! And we hope to se you again very soon!

Best regards,
London
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is situated up a crowded dusty atmospheric road but do not be put off. As you walk into the cool bar area, it immediately relaxes you. We were on our honeymoon and were happily upgraded (mainly also by excellent Trailfinders who booked our trip) to a room on the top floor. The room was large and very well designed with space for a sofa overlooking the city scape. We didn't trial the pool- no time in a 2 day trip but breakfasts were very good with a wide choice of food. The staff were very helpful- bar staff and reception who provided maps and information. They went above and beyond their service making us feel special. I loved the efficient, cool vibe of this hotel as its everything you need when you are jet lagged and exhausted from exploring the steamy chaotic city.
The area is full of markets and a bit touristy but we discovered a great bar called Nest on a roof top a few streets away. Otherwise you can take the sky train to other districts and back to airport really easily.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LondonAdventurers,

Good day!

We are happy to know that you both enjoyed your honeymoon at BelAire! Your room was well prepared prior to your arrival, thanks to our hard-working Housekeeping Team. And thank you for commending the service of our F&B and Front Office teams. They are always happy to be of service to our guests.

BelAire Bangkok is ideally located in Sukhumvit Soi 5, just walking distance to the nearest Skytrain Station. And within the area are small restaurants, bars, shopping centers, convenience stores, night market.

On your next trip to Bangkok we do hope to welcome you back again!

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in March.
The location of the hotel is very good, within 10 minutes walk of both the Nana Skytrain Station and Nana Plaza.

Because of this you are really in the thick of the action with market type stalls lining the streets 24 hours and lots of restaurants and bars close by.
The hotel itself is just off Sukhumvit Road down a rather tatty street. Right next door and opposite there is major building work taking place. In the room we never heard any sound but in the pool area there was some and when walking past the sites it was interesting to see the activity going on especially at the end of the day with the fight for places on the minibus.
The room was large with two queen size beds, a large 4:3 CRT TV, mini bar (charged) and tea and coffee making facilities. Generally the room was clean although the bathroom could have done with a deep clean.
The pool was good and we used it twice, unfortunately the second time we were evicted from one half on the area and crammed into the other half whilst noisy preparations were made for a private party. The receptionist didn't seem very bothered when I mentioned it, and thought it was funny. I wasn't very impressed with this being a paying customer.

We didn't eat in the hotel as there were lots of more interesting places to eat outside but the restaurant looked good.
Yes you do get hassled by taxi and tuk-tuk drivers, and stall holders but that is part of the Bangkok experience.
We would certainly consider stopping at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ChrisGUK,

Sawasdee khrap!
Warm greetings from BelAire Bangkok!

My entire team is so happy to have received this feedback from your most recent stay with us. And we appreciate your positive comments posted through TripAdvisor. Indeed our prime location is a major plus for guests who want to stay in the heart of Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok. The hotel is very accessible by skytrain, which is just within walking distance.

Our rooms are relatively larger and more spacious than other new hotels within the area. The base room which is Superior Room has a floor area of 32sqm, providing more space and convenience. We also have Junior Suites at 45sqm with extra soace for a living room.

I have mentioned to our Housekeping Team your comment about the bathroom. Please rest assured we shall take extra effort to make sure the entire room is spotless.

Also, please accept my apologies for the miscommunication with the staff at the poolside, with the party preparations causing inconvenience to you. I have informed my team to be more cautious when doing such preparations so as not to bother the guests.

Again, thank you for your valuable comments and we hope to see you again very soon at BelAire Bangkok!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The BelAire was our first stop in Thailand and we were impressed from the minute we arrived. We stayed in a superior room on the 11th floor. The room was clean, tidy and spacious. We recieved complimentary breakfast the two mornings we were there and this was decent enough, with the usual array of cereal, fruit, yoghurt, hot food, salad etc and drinks. The staff were really friendly and helpful if necessary. Pool looked nice but we just didn't have the time to try it out. Dont be put off by the surrounding area when you first arrive, as in many places there is a lot of construction work going on but you cant hear it when in the hotel. Skytrain is in walking distance and there are plenty of tuk tuks available, just dont be afraid to barter!! We only stayed for two nights which gave us a taste of Bangkok, we did do a half day tour though to make sure we saw the main sights, ideal when your not there for many nights.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Claire R
Dear Claire R,

Warm greetings from Bangkok!

We have receive your positive comments about your experience during your stay with us. And we are all so glad to know we have another satisfied guest to include in our already long list. Your feedback has provided more motivation and encouragement to my team who are always happy to be of service to our guests.

And just like what you mentioned, the hotel is ideally located in the heart of Sukhumvit in Soi 5 which is just walking distance to the nearest Skytrain Station. Their might be construction works around the street but these activities do not bother our guests. These construction works are signs that Sukhumit Soi 5 is developing even further and will be more exciting in the near future.

We do have a Tour Desk at the Lobby that provides sightseeing & transportation services in and around Bangkok, and I am confident to say that they are getting positive feedback from guests who avail of their services.

On your next trip to Bangkok we do hope to see you again at the BelAire!

Jersey
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I booked two superior rooms for a really good price, for three nights. I have previously stayed in Soi’s 8 & 11 on Sukhumvit, so I know the area quite well and also aware that in this part of Bangkok, building work is never far away from you, we had a building site next to the hotel, the super structure is now constructed, so most work is internally and you don’t hear any noise within the hotel, only if you sit by the pool, but I used my music earplugs to blank the noise out. The hotel is located on Soi 5, about 5 minutes’ walk to the Nana BTS Skytrain Station, which is located on the busy and noisy Sukhumvit Road, we was looking for a hotel that was located near a BTS Station, and this fitted the bill, in the way of price and convenience to transport links The hotel was quite honestly a pleasant surprise, you always have a little doubt in your mind if you have got what seems to be a deal that sounds too good to be true, and then you find reviews mentioning building work. We arrived about 10pm and was met by friendly staff, check in was quick and we was allocated two rooms on the 12th floor, which we couldn’t fault, clean, comfortable bed and spacious, with nice views of the city. We went down to the bar in the reception area, had some nice cocktails and again friendly staff behind the bar, went out for a bite to eat and returned to sleep well in a comfortable bed. Breakfast is buffet style with plenty of choice to suit most tastes. The hotel is of medium size, which suits us, some of the big 5 star hotels are more like shopping malls with tourists in and out all day. I prefer a medium sized hotel, without the 5 restaurants, shops and rooftop bar and this hotel was just right, not too busy around pool or restaurant and good quick room service. Overhaul enjoyable stay and I would definitely return if I was looking to stay in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok, a good clean hotel, suitable for couples and solo travellers.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms for views across Bangkok
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jerseymick
Dear Jerseymick,

Good day!

Our big thaks to you for taking time to write and post your feedback about your most recent stay with us. The pictures you posted were great, too! Thank you for highlighting the hotel's prime location. There may be construction works around the area but they do not cause any major disturbance to us and our guests. And rest assured that we have constnt communication with the project managers to ensure that there is proper coordination and actions are taken whenever an issues arises.

BelAire Bangkok, as you described it, is indeed a medium-size property. And this gives our hotel a more homey feel, with a more personalized service. Our strength is our team of energetic staff who are always on hand to assist our guests. And we thank you for recognizing their performance.

Thank you very much and we hope to see you again very soon!

Best regards,
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We would highly recommend the hotel. It was a few minutes walk to the Skytrain so made it really easy to move around Bangkok very cheaply. Direct link by skytrain to river taxis. Seemed to be right in the thick of things but amazingly quiet in the hotel. Big rooms. Excellent service, reception desk always helpful and in house tour booking made it easy to get to River Kwai. Breakfast had good range of food and very attentive staff.

Room Tip: We were 7th floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kennedy K, Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Moira W,

Warm greetings from BelAire Bangkok!

Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback through TripAdvisor. I will share your words with my team and I am sure they will all be delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Front Office Team will be happy to know you are satisfied with their service, and so will our Tour Desk staff. Our F&B Team will also be thankful for your positive comments about the breakfast buffet and likewise their service.

Just like what you mentioned, our hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Sukhumvit, walking distance to BTS Skytrain Station, with nearby shops, night market, bars, restaurants, and even major international hospitals.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers around the world searching for alternative accommodation in Bangkok; ideal location, warm and friendly staff, good value for money.

We hope to welcome you back to BelAire Bangkoj very soon.