“Great location, clean and real value for money”
Review of BelAire Bangkok

BelAire Bangkok
Ranked #158 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
Houston, Texas
“Great location, clean and real value for money”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We loved our stay at the Bel-Aire. Our room was large, very clean and comfortable. Ample room for a family of four (which is unusual for a city hotel.)
The breakfasts were really good, varied and replenished regularly. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Nice pool too and very peaceful.
Five minutes walk to the sky train, Sukhumvit and some really great Middle Eastern restaurants. (Especially Sherazade) Also nice low key bars close too. True Nana is a bit seedy but at no point did we feel unsafe or see anything risqué (something we were concerned about having young teens with us!)

What really stood out though was when we accidentally left our room safe open when we went out for the day. Our chambermaid alerted security and they then checked everything was ok and immediately informed us on our return. We really appreciated such diligence and care.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kennedy K, Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear AsiaLou,

Warm greetings from Bel-Aire Princess!

Thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor. I have likewise shared your message to my Team and they are all glad to know that you had a great stay with us. And as you mentioned, we have varied offers for our breakfast buffet to accommodate the taste of every guest. We are located in Sukhumvit Soi 5, Nana which is just walking distance to the BTS skytrain station. Restaurants and bars are just within your reach, serving local, international and Middle Eastern flavors.

Our great pride is our Team of dedicated and loyal staff who put service always on top of their priority. Thank you for recognizing their warm, honest service.

We all hope to welcome you and your family back to Bel-Aire very soon!

Warm regards,
Ken Kapulong
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Pleasant Point New Zealand
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on my way to Europe in July 2011. I found it a great hotel and the staff was very friendly and helpfully.I thought I might have to wait for a room as I arrived a bit early but they said no problem and I was in my room in no time that was lovely after a long flight. My room was super clean and every day had that personal touch with the lovely flowers on my bed( gave them a nice tip when I left ). The men in the lobby opened the door for you every time I went in and out which was also a very nice touch. The pool looked great but I didn't use it. I did a couple of tours which I had booked at home ( New Zealand) and I was very impressed that all the details were arranged for me and a note under my door to say when they were going to pick me up. I recommend the River Kwai and Tiger temple it as a whole day but you got to meet other people and the history of the bridge was great. Also the tigers was something you don' t see every day. ( lunch was included).
Across from the hotel is a lovely little massage place at a very reasonable rate I had 3 in 2 days lovely.also a little dairy ( supermarket ) very handy. Then behind the hotel shopping shopping shopping till you drop stalls al sorts of wears and fruit and veggies. Take an empty suitcase with you as it is easy to fill up. Also a lovely " church ". Right in the middle of all the stalls. The hotel is in a side street but that was no problem as every thing was still close by and there are taxi's and tuk tuk's every where ( I told the tuk tuk boy to go a bit slower and I pay a bit more and he did once he understood what I was saying). . As a woman traveling on my own I never felt un comfortable or scared in and around the hotel or Bangkok.
The breakfast was good at the hotel and there was plenty of every thing you might want.
I was also very pleased with the luggage storage as I didn't had to leave to the airport till late in afternoon. Was also impressed that the rugby World Cup was on the t.v in the bar. (Who won again oh that's right New Zealand).
At the moment I am planning my 9th trip from New Zealand to Holland for next June I always use to go via Singapore but I am sold on Bangkok and Thailand the people are so friendly and the place got a lot of charm. I would recommend this hotel to any one who is thinking to go this way. To the hotel management expect my booking in the next month or so once I got the flights and every thing sorted, and I will use the pool next time :)

Room Tip: If you are a smoker like me :( they cater for us and allow smoking in your room on the smoking floor...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Pointer06
Dear Pointer06,

Good day from Bel-Aire Princess!

Your detailed review of our facilities and services made us very proud! Thank you for sharing this with our travelers around the world looking for alternative accommoation in Bangkok.

Most of our guests will agree with you that it is indeed our Team Members who set this property apart from the other hotels in the area. Our rooms are spacious and comfortable, our food is always appreciated by our guests. But it is the Team who provides the warm & friendly service that makes all the difference. And we thank you for recognizing this.

On behalf of Team Bel-Aire, we would like to say thank you.
And we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Warmest regards,
Ken Kapulong
Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Cheap, great location and clean. The pool is ok, service good and you can get to Khaosan etc within 10mins by tuk tuk. You danger cheaper hotels elsewhere but you wont get the same cleaniness, rooms, pool or service. Without doubt one of the best hotels I've stayed in for 40 quid a night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BelAirePrincess H, Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for staying with us and taking the time to write your review. We are glad to know that you were pleased in every way with the location of the hotel, our facilities and services. Our Team appreciates your feedback, and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Holcombe Brook, England
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in August with my wife and two daughters. Comfortable and clean and the breakfast was great. Situated in a seedy area of town, but proved to be an oasis. Staff helpful and friendly. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BelAirePrincess H, Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent family stay in Bangkok, and we are glad to know that in many ways we met your expectations, specifically with regard to our breakfast selections. Our Team members appreciate your very kind feedback, and all of us at the Bel-Aire Princess hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here few years ago. I expected the hotel would be a lil worn out but to my suprise it wasn't. The staffs were friendly and attentive. The room was spacious, neat and clean. Just 5 minutes walk to the Nana MRT Station. Lots of good eating places or just places for a drink within the viccinity.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your loyalty to the Bel-Aire Princess and for sharing your thoughts here on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to read that, returning after several years, you found the hotel as neat and clean as before. Thank you for highlighting our convenient location and the many dining and entertainment options in the surrounding area. Our Team members feel greatly encouraged by your kind remarks about their friendliness and attentiveness. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
los angeles
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We just stayed at the Bel Aire Princess on the last leg of our Thailand trip after Chiang Mai and Koh Phi Phi. The hotel room was fine for the price but we found ants in both the bathroom and coffee area. Most disappointing was the customer service. After the other two cities we'd been to in Thailand and had amazing experiences in, we expected Bangkok to be a breeze to communicate in and get around. Every time we had a question, the staff provided very little help. One simple question would entail their conversation amongst each other in Thai for 10 minutes with little resolve. When I asked if they could make a reservation at a restaurant, they asked why I didn't call myself and did the restaurant not speak English. When we asked where certain restaurants were (common ones listed in Lonely Planet guides), they had no idea. While the staff were pleasant enough, they were not at all helpful - we always ended up finding our own way. This just added to our frustration with our stay in BKK and was a disappointing way to end a great trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank JHermosa
BelAirePrincess H, Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and informing us about your stay with us. I have noted your comments and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations, specifically with regard to assistance from the Front Desk. Your experience does not reflect our usual high standards of service, and please rest assured that your feed back will be used with our Team members in order to strengthen compliance. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we hope to have a chance to be of service to you again, this time to your satisfaction. You may contact me directly at baps@dusit.com and I shall look after your requests.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in the first leg of our holiday and were surprised by how much we enjoyed it! When booking accommodation for Bangkok we were just looking for something affordable, central and comfortable. The Bel-Aire Princess was all of this and more! Upon arrival staff upgraded my partner and I along with the other couple we were travelling with to Club Tribecca rooms on the 16th floor when we had only paid for a supeior room! The room was very spacious and had all the amenities needed. The bed was a bit stiff but still comfy. We had a great view of city sky scrappers!The staff were all friendly and helpful, i don't think i had to open the door myself once! Only negative i could mention would be the pool bar not being functional meaning the bartender has to go down to the lobby bar to make/get your drinks which can take 10-15 minutes.
The hotel is located in a side street of Sukhumvit with lots of construction going on morning and night but this did not become and issue at any point of the stay. The streets around the hotel were filled with street markets, restraunts,bars and ofcorse tuk tuk drivers trying to get your attention (where isnt!) - it had a great city atmosphere to it. The bar "Gullivers" just down the street made great cocktails for 150 bht. Easy walk across the street to 711 that sold most things you need. Nana sky train station was only a short stroll down the street which is a cheap, quick way around the city!
We enjoyed our stay and will defiantly be recommending the hotel to friends!

Room Tip: the higher up in the hotel the better, the buildings clear out a bit and make way for a nice view of...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caitlynrosef
BelAirePrincess H, Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Guests,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your very informative review, and we are delighted to know that we have met your expectations in every way. Clearly you appreciated not only our facilities and services but also the surroundings of the hotel with its numerous shopping, entertainment and dining options and the proximity of the sky train station. I regret that during your stay the pool bar service was not as efficient as it should be; we will certainly improve on this. Thank you for highlighting that all Team members were friendly and helpful, they feel certainly encouraged by your feedback. We are grateful that you will recommend our hotel to friends, and of course hope that you will be staying with us again on your next visit to Bangkok.