We booked an Executive-Plus suite with complimentary butler and club lounge access along with arranging for the hotels chauffeur to pick us up from the airport. From start to finish we were not disappointed. Our plane was delayed by an hour unfortunately, but when we finally got the hotel (3am) our butler was awaiting us to escort us to our room for check in. What a difference this makes to getting off a long haul flight. It was the little things that certainly made us feel very attended to, like giving me (the lady) the selection of fragrances so I could choose which type of bathroom toiletries we wanted and plenty of bottles of water. In the afternoons the butler service even extends to bringing up to the room afternoon tea which consists of tea/coffee and a platter of sandwiches and little cakes. For us a NZers we are so used to doing everything for ourselves but for once we were waited upon and we certainly did enjoy it. The hotel room was very spacious and apart from a very big bedroom we had a lounge area complete with couch and chair, coffee table and even a coffee machine. Gorgeous big bathroom, tiled from floor up with two different shower heads. Exceptional. We had to go to Pattaya for a couple of days for a work conference but returned to the Pathuwan. Again we had booked the Executive Plus suite and because we had private transfers and not sure when we were going to get back to the hotel, found that our butler had been awaiting us in the lobby for several hours and when we did arrive, there she was ready to greet us and again check in and check out in room. Citi-Bistro offers a wide selection of food for breakfast - couldn't fault it. Staff very attentive and certainly did live up to being in the land of smiles. We hardly used the Club Lounge and to be fair, it isn't the best one that we have been to. But on the times we did, the staff were always on hand to make us tea or coffee and be available for anything else we needed. They offer a few snacks during the day but they were mainly sweet cakes and only one selection of savoury - but if sweet things are your thing, then you'll be fine. The wine selection was a bit average. No NZ wine's and the only white on offer was a champagne which isn't my thing. (Would love to have had a NZ Sauvignon Blanc - so maybe if they read this, they might look at buying in NZ wines. Certainly had a few Aussie wines in the bar, but you can't beat NZ Sav!) For those that love shopping, MBK adjoins this hotel and with two access points, ground floor and level 2, you can certainly fill a couple of days in here. If you head through Level 2 this joins onto the Skywalk and takes you across to the Siam Discovery Centre. If knock-offs are not your thing, then you will find all the major fashion houses here and you'll certainly pay for it too. Can recommend the restaurants here in the foodcourt area. Plenty to chose from and very reasonable. My husband and I dined out each night here and we only spent in total (with drinks) no more than 400 baht. ($16-18 NZ) You will pay double plus some if you dine in the hotel just so you know. Love this hotel and we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the epicenter of Bangkok's famed shopping, entertainment and arts district, the Pathumwan Princess Hotel is a multi-award winning property towering above the iconic MBK Center. Blending contemporary comfort with the unmistakable charm and elegance of traditional Thai hospitality, the hotel consistently rates among the highest in both customer service and guest satisfaction, as reviewed by fellow travellers. Favored by corporate guests desiring unparalleled access to the city and holidaymakers seeking an oasis in the center of bustling Bangkok, the Pathumwan Princess Hotel provides sophisticated ambience in the center of the "city of angels." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Travelocity so you can book your Pathumwan Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pathumwan Princess Hotel Bangkok
- Pathumwan Princess Bangkok