“Pathumwan experience”

Ranked #54 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Pathumwan experience”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have stayed at the Pathumwan twice now and have found my experience at this Hotel to be one of great pleasure the staff are friendly, rooms are very nice and it is located right next door to the MBK shopping centre for those who love shopping

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (956)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jangpyeong-Dong, Korea
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Fourth time this year I've stayed at the hotel (all short trips) and have not had any bad experiences. Rooms are tidy and wel kept, checkin/out staff are very pleasant and helpful, as are the others (door staff, room service and housekeeping). Hotel is centrally located adjoining MBK and close to the other Siam complexes (Paragon, Discovery, etc.) and linked by walkways.
Will be back again in October.

Room Tip: Pick the higher up rooms away from the air-coolers which are on top of the MBK store, as the view is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Mwanza, Mwanza, Tanzania
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The room services are excellent. In addition I enjoyed the Olympic Gym, the Swimming Pool just to mention are few services. All these made me feel relaxed during my recent five days stay at the Hotel. Wholeheartedly, Actually, I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone I know who is going to Bangkok to stay at the Hotel because it offers value for money.

Room Tip: Standard rooms with double beds have enough space for relaxation
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Pathumwan now on 6 seperate holidays to Thailand. It has become a ritual for me and I look forward to my stay there. On my recent visit however I found for the first time that I had the constant problem of room key not working during our 2 night stay which was frustrating having to have it continually reset with reception who advised me 'don't keep the key near your mobile phone as it erases access to the room on your key? I found this odd - I should be able to keep both my phone and my room key in my pocket? The hotel itself is great although I never like being served by reception staff who are in conversation with other members of the staff while they attempt to serve (I find that rude). I love breakfast at the Pathumwan however, they do need to consider another omlette chef as the wait for eggs on the buffet is FAR too long. All in all a central hotel that is clean and usually serves my needs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Kreuz8
Thimphu, Bhutan
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Location is good with BTS connection. The hotel is nice with good swimming pool.

Breakfast on the ground floor tends to be crowded. The club lounge is good value for business executives.

It has a small right next to it and is conveniently located. Staffa are very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
Manila
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Pathumwan Princess is your average hotel with clean rooms and bathrooms and excellent service. The service that all Thais are known for. What sets this hotel apart is the location. It is in the middle everything you need. The BTS is attached to MBK which is also attached to the hotel. So you need not go to the street to take the train. There are several banks in MBK (the mall attached to the hotel) where you can change money amd the rates are very good. There is a grocery in MBK that closes at 10pm where you can buy the sweetest fruits of Thailand. Siam Paragaon and Siam Center is just a hop and a skip away. I would stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner booked to stay at this hotel after searching online for 5 star accommodation. From the moment we stepped into this hotel it felt cold and unwelcoming we asked guest services questions relating to our booking in which she looked at us confused we repeated the same question 3 times before we decided it was easier to give up! Hotel overall was clean and looked reasonable. Once we checked in and went up to the room we were disgusted with the standard of the room in which they call 5 star! Appliances and electrics were prehistoric and certainly not of 5 star quality. The room was clean and very small. Housekeeping dont know how to read clearly as the 'do not disturb' sign was on they attempted to enter on two occasions - not good! We stayed over 4 nights so this included the complimentary lunch buffet. We decided to go down on the second day to try this and was disgusted with the service and the food. We looked at the buffet table in disbelief there was hardly anything to eat on the tiny table plus they charge for water in which is usually complimentary when you do buffet. We left straight away and didn't bother going down again! Overall the hotel is definitely not of 5 star quality, service is poor! The only positive thing about this hotel is its location it is right on MBK. I will honestly suggest staying elsewhere and catching taxis to get to the shopping centre!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Marioliz
Matthieu R, Hotel Manager at Pathumwan Princess Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Your feedback regarding your overall hotel experience has been found suspicious and reported to the concern department of Tripadvisor for investigation and clarification.

But to clarify with the Tripadvisor community following your review i would like to inform our Superior room are all 34 square meters size with all modern equipments. All 455 rooms has been fully renovated four years ago so there is absolutely no "prehistoric" electrics!
All our electrics and appliances are well maintain and conform to any international standards.

Our Thai Heritage Thai cuisine and Seafood buffet located at our restaurant CitiBistro is not set up on "a tiny table" but on 360 degrees modern open kitchen plus with 2 extras buffet lines and 1 large high table.
We offering 1 salad bar, 1 station with 3 variety of seafood of ice, 1 ice box with a BBQ selection (river prawn, 4 different kind of fish, mussel, rock lobster, beef tenderloin, marinated pork/chicken, meat satay, squid). We have 2 live cooking station with large variety of local noodles. We doing a la minute cooking Thai curry (green or red), Thai soup, Pad thai and a large variety of local soup and main dishes. There is som tum station, 6 thai salads and a Japanese station with freshly made sushi & sashimi. To finish a large selection of traditional Thai desserts + 1 station for Thai roti.

During the month of September we do not have any records made by guest during their period of stay regarding housekeeping staff entering the room during guest presence. We do not have any records of guest complaining our food quality, quantity or presentation on our Thai & Seafood Buffet and neither anyone complaining our F&B service is "disgusted" or either "poor".

Each guest review is important and constructive for us but your review is not as you just using impolite and inappropriate wordings to just demolish the hotel reputation.

We are not looking forward on accommodating you again in the future.

Matthieu Reynaud