“Perfect location”

Pathumwan Princess Hotel
Ranked #54 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I spent 6 glorious days in this lovely hotel.Fabulous breakfast with an extensive variety of food offered. Rooms were spacious , serviced everyday by courteous friendly staff, especially enjoyed having my bed opened with an orchid placed on the bed.Excellent laundry service, even had my mending done. It was such a treat to be able to walk through to the MBK shopping mall, and then also through to Siam Centre, Siam Paragon, skytrain etc.Because of an early flight we checked out at 5 in the morning and were thrilled to receive a breakfast box each to take with us to the airport. We would love to stay here again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wendelsj

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have stayed here before and will definitely be back.

A wonderful hotel – great doormen who whisk your bags away, welcome drinks at check in and then you are escorted to your room.

Couldn’t be happier with our room as we were lucky enough to get an upgrade to a suite. It was simply stunning – big bedroom, large sitting room, hugh bathroom and a large dressing room.

All the essentials were on hand with lots of extras like a pod coffee machine and full size fridge.

Access directly into MBK from the hotel and some great restaurants within the hotel itself.

We had an early flight the next day and were given a pre-packed breakfast box full of goodies to take with us on check out as we wouldn’t be going to the breakfast buffet – a very nice touch.

A lovely hotel that I can’t recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I have to admit when I was searching for a hotel in Bangkok, I went nuts because there are literally 1,000 options. After visiting myself, I know now that the most important qualities in a hotel in Bangkok, for me anyway, is
1. Location
2. Safety
3. Cleanliness

Pathumwan Princess covered all of these to the tee. Perfect location next to all the shopping and sky train which can get you all over the place. Extremely safe, huge hotel with secure rooms and elevators. And room quality was great. After traveling around Thailand you realize that all the little things count: quiet AC, free drinking water every day, English speaking staff, no bugs flying around as you try to sleep. Added bonus is they have a beautiful huge pool and jacuzzi as well as a very nice fitness center with sauna and steam room. Not a requirement for me but it was great to have.

Personally, I thought Bangkok was awful but we only spent two days there so I guess we had to try it. Very dirty, annoying TukTuk drivers everywhere, and endless stores selling every knock off brand you can think of. MBK might be a hot spot to other travelers, but it isn't my kind of shopping. No, i do not want a fake Ferrari hat or Balenciaga purse... but i guess a lot of people do, which is why this mall is so successful. Our highlight of Bangkok was the amazing street food. Don't be scared!! I know it looks crazy with flies all over the place and hundreds of Thai locals staring at you like you're an alien, but take it in and enjoy it!! Eat some delicious street food right across the hotel, there's a long alley in Siam Square that we stumbled across that has so much delicious food. Don't eat the $30 buffet breakfast in the hotel, you can do that in America!! Go fill your tummies for less than $2 across the way.

If this hotel is in your top five choices, stop looking NOW and book it. You'll be very pleased.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank KittyKat7676
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, family of 4 (2 children 5 & 10). 10 th floor room, delux suite, only 1 extra bed provided had to ask for more bed linen for 2nd child to sleep on settee - not all that comfortable. However, very well situated hotel, easy for sky train, shopping, sight seeing. Aquarium nearby worth a visit. Lovely pool area. Great buffet breakfast - although can get very busy so get up early. Sadly poolside beer quite pricey.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
gmppb, General Manager at Pathumwan Princess Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear nellCardiff
Thank you for staying with us during your recent stay in Bangkok.
With regret did we learn that you were unhappy with the extra beds provided. It would have been our pleasure to bring an additional bed. Our apologies for not being clear enough on this. We are surprised about the mention of the beer price at our pool area, which is in line with any comparable hotel or product in town.
To our delight you did enjoy our stunning pool, our generally highly praised buffet breakfast and our excellent location.
We hope having the opportunity to welcome you back here at the Pathumwan Princess Hotel,
yours sincerely
Christoph J Knichel

Reviewed November 3, 2012

You cannot complain about the warm friendly service at this hotel which is conveniently located within Bangkok City. What is starting to show is that room at the Princess are starting to get little tired and dated, so a fresh makeover would be in order.

The breakfasts are good and whilst I only ate breakfast at the hotel, I did not encounter any problems with footwear like reported elsewhere this hotel.

You have the large MBK shopping centre attached as well other upmarket shops at Siam Square not far away. There is also the benefit of the Skytrain not that much of a walk.

Anywhere in a metered taxi is about 50 to 100 baht so is an advantage being centrally located.

This hotel is value for money and worth staying, just need a makeover.

Room Tip: If you stay for 3 or more nights you should have an upgrade, if you don't receive ask for it bef...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear PaulDarcy,
It is wonderful to note that you appreciated our service, location and breakfast selections. We recently completed an extensive renovation and refurbishment plan which included guest rooms, public areas, elevators, swimming pool and Loop Italian Restaurant and regret that you did not find our renovation pleasing. The 3-night upgrade offer is offered guests who book directly on our website pprincess.com and only on availability. We sincerely look forward to your return and continued loyalty.
Christoph J Knichel

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is my first stay in Pathumwan Princess. In earlier years I used to stay in Sukhumvit Rd. This time I preferred this hotel after thorough scrutiny in the internet and I was successful. The location of the hotel is a very plus point. It has direct access to MBK mall. About MBK mall I will write seperately, but here it is worth mentioning that we could save lot of time for shopping and dining in MBK.
Now about the hotel itself: The check-in was smooth and we could get all four rooms in the same floor. The rooms were spacious, clean, toilet was very good with all necessary amenities. Breakfast had quite a variety. The housekeeping staff were very good and I had seen them working hard to satisfy the guests. The free wifi in room was very slow(as my son stated), the management should look into it.
I will definitely stay in this hotel in my next visit in Bangkok.

Room Tip: We had four rooms in 20th floor (superior). All were very good
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We Stayed 4 nights in the end of October, we had 2 joining rooms on the 16th floor. The hotel is awesome.
The Good... Clean, modern, friendly helpfull staff, Our rooms were large and comfortable, spotlessly clean and and quiet. Very modern appliances and comfy beds. A great location as well for the shopper or sightseer. Being in the middle of Bangkok the city is at your disposal. The pool is clean and quiet, the bar and resturants/coffee shops are fantastic and resonably priced.
The buffet breakfast was varied everyday and excellent.
The bad... we didn't stay longer.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view.