I’ve stayed at the Pathumwan Princess before, but on this occasion occupied an ExecuPlus Suite, room 1401. The hotel’s website had a special, offering this type of accommodation for the same price as a deluxe Room.
When I checked in, the Receptionist did her best to disguise the fact that she didn’t have any record of my confirmed reservation. But, having called a supervisor and upon scrutiny of my confirmation, a room was made available to me.
The ExecuPlus suite comprises a living room/office, separate bedroom, separate walk through dressing/storage area and very large bathroom.
The office space included a full size ‘fridge, full sized office desk with desk lamp, office chair, broadband access, compendium containing ruler, eraser, paper clips, stapler, hole punch, calculator (broken), note pad and pencil.
The living room area included a three-seater couch, easy chair with footstool, coffee table, side table, coffee maker, kettle and flat screen TV and video player. Air conditioning controls for this area were mounted on the wall near the door.
The bedroom contained a king-sized bed, seating for 6 people, a low cabinet and wall-mounted TV. The air-conditioning system for the bedroom was separate from that of the office/living area and had separate wall mounted controls.
The dressing area was accessed through glass panelled wooden doors. This area consisted of open wardrobe, open shelves, very large personal safe and luggage storage area. The bathroom was a continuation of this area. The bathroom included a bath tub, separate shower, WC, marble surrounded hand basin with light beneath. There was no apparent means of turning this light off, so eventually I had to clamber under the basin area in order to disconnect the fluorescent tube. (The glass panelled doors from the bedroom to the dressing area resulted in the bathroom basin light being a distraction.)
The décor of both the principal rooms was in very dark wood, with brown fabric-covered furniture and dark wood floors. Even the ceilings had dark feature panels. I found this décor to be both gloomy and quite depressing. A change to this décor should be a priority during the next room makeover at the hotel.
What did I like about the room and hotel? The very spacious accommodation; the friendly, courteous staff; the large ‘fridge; the work area; the TVs; a very comfortable bed; the well-equipped bathroom; quick problem-solving by the staff (the broken calculator and a non-functioning light were both replaced immediately). Breakfast at the Pathumwan Princess continues to be excellent and, as most people report, the location of the Hotel is ideal for those wanting to be close to shopping.
Dislikes were the suite’s gloomy décor and the light under the bathroom basin.
Would I stay at the Pathumwan Princess again? Most certainly.
Would I occupy an ExecuPlus Suite again? Possibly. The price would have to be right or the décor amended, before I would be tempted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the epicenter of Bangkok's famed shopping, entertainment and arts district, the Pathumwan Princess Hotel is a multi-award winning property towering above the iconic MBK Center. Blending contemporary comfort with the unmistakable charm and elegance of traditional Thai hospitality, the hotel consistently rates among the highest in both customer service and guest satisfaction, as reviewed by fellow travellers. Favored by corporate guests desiring unparalleled access to the city and holidaymakers seeking an oasis in the center of bustling Bangkok, the Pathumwan Princess Hotel provides sophisticated ambience in the center of the "city of angels." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Orbitz, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pathumwan Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pathumwan Princess Hotel Bangkok
- Pathumwan Princess Bangkok