“Considerate Kitchen”

Royal Princess Larn Luang
Ranked #240 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I attended a conference of UNESCAP RIM Rio+20 and decided to bring along my grandchildren. While I was in the conference, the kids enjoyed the tours of the Reclining Buddha and Dreamworld and while waiting for me, enjoyed the swimming pool of the hotel. Since we had to leave for the airport at 6:00 a.m. before the dining room opened at 6:30 a.m., we were told to just order breakfast through room service, AT NO EXTRA CHARGE. Isn't that the height of being considerate so we would not travel on an empty stomach?

Room Tip: We asked for a connecting room so that it was conducive to bonding of the family.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Gemini345
RoyalprincessL, Front Office Manager at Royal Princess Larn Luang, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Royal Princess Hotel.

The voice of our customers is critical in maintaining our standards and I am delighted to read of your positive comments. Our biggest asset of the hotel is our people and I am glad that we were able to be a part in making your trip memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This offers the best locational advantage for someone interested in visiting temples and/ or China Town. The location has its pros and cons. Though all touristy places are just couple of miles away, there is nothing entertaining just outside the hotel.
The hotel property is outstanding and had a grand lobby and lounge. Staff had been very courteous. Rooms are very spacious.
Wi-fi was somehow was priced exorbitantly and free service was offered for only 1 hour a day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank njaina

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip and for your feedback on your stay. We are delighted that you were especially content with the service our staff provided during your stay, thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, we anxiously wait for your return.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel is just right for visitors to the United Nations offices in Bangkok or to the several surrounding Thai Government offices. For a tourist, however, the location is a great disadvantage. Apart from the Grand Palace, there is nothing worthwhile to see or visit within walking distance; in fact the surrounding streets are pretty grim, housing automotive spare part distributors, cement and hardware wholesalers and, intriguingly, the Bangkok Drug Stores Club.

The hotel itself is in the "above average" category with a spacious lobby and lounge and three restaurants, one of which - the Chinese restaurant - is outstanding (try the soft-shell crabs in Hongsheh sauce). The rooftop bar is un-manned so you have to phone for service - a great pity since the natural breeze and view make a great change for those fed up of canned air.

My room (302) was fair-sized by Bangkok standards and reasonably equipped. It had an electric kettle and a mini-refrigerator which contained some outrageously-priced beer and soft-drinks but nothing else. The bathroom, while spacious, showed distinct signs of age. The chrome plating had rubbed off the fittings, the door frame showed signs of rust and the shower pressure was pathetic. Room service was prompt but you really have to importune them to clear the tray when you're through. The buffet breakfast was average by Bangkok standards, which can be pretty high. I enjoyed free wi-fi in the room thanks to a U.N package but I believe this is normally charged extra.

Overall, the Royal Princess is good value for money if you have work at the U.N, to which the hotel provides a shuttle service. For the average tourist, it is simply too far from the places one would normally visit; even the closest Skytrain station is a 15 minute taxi drive away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RajanNewDelhi_India

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to give us your valuable feedback from your most recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food in Chinese Restaurant,wi-fi in the room and that the location of our hotel was convenient to your needs. I further appreciate your feedback regarding the design of the bathroom and I ensure you that we continually enhancing our product and will do more in the future to provide a comfortable and luxuries experience to our guests.
I do hope that we may have a chance to welcome you back. If there is anything I might be able to assist you.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I went there for business trip and experienced the nice treat at Royal Princess. The room is huge and has a small corner to work and for guests. The smell is nice. I enjoy use the lotion, bath gel and shampoo at the hotel, every facility is so nice. Buffet Breakfast with both Western and Asian dishes can please you. If you wanna enjoy and relax then this one is a good place. To Khao San road, you can take Tuk Tuk with 100Bht or Taxi with half price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RoyalprincessL, Front Office Manager at Royal Princess Larn Luang, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for writing us a review, your acknowledgements on our service is very much appreciated, we are also glad that you enjoyed our room, amenities and our restaurant had an overall pleasant experience with us. We hope that in the near future we would be able to see you again.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I don't expect a lot from a hotel I booked with my agent but it is clean and staffs are very nice.

I spent 2 night in here and I think I will come again.

You will not find my attraction near by except Grand Palace.

Bonus of this stay, wifi everywhere for free.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip and for your feedback on your stay. Pleasing to hear that you were happy with your stay and enjoyed our many in-room amenities. We are delighted that you were especially content with the service our staff provided during your stay, thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, we anxiously wait for your return.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The beds are comfortable and the rooms are big. The staff is friendly, but most of them do not speak English. The big disadvantage is the hotel location. It's close to the temples which are within walking distance, but everything else is at least more than a mile away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Princess Larnluang Bangkok Hotel, on your most recent visit to Bangkok.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here for four nights on a business trip. staffs were friendly, gym is small but enough for what it is. Free internet, spacious room, rather small bathroom but still okay. Room is good for working, bed is huge. Restaurant's food is good when it comes to Thai food, but not so much for international food (same review for breakfast).

Location is good if you are here for work, close to the UN. I think many people stayed here for that purpose. Not so easy to get taxi, not close to BTS. During my work free time, I was thinking to walk to Grand Palace as it looks close in the map, but as it was super hot, and the area wasn't really pedestrian friendly, it wasn't a good idea. Difficult to get food around the hotel. Ended up being scammed by tuk tuk driver right outside the hotel, brought to a restaurant and paid 2500 Baht for a fish dish and veggies stir fried, one plain rice and two coconut. WORSE DINNER ever in Bangkok.

Staffs, while friendly, they aren't quite used to giving touristic tips or restaurant tips. Plus, it's also far from the city centre.

Bottomline, very suitable for work, and I'm happy and giving four review because that's exactly what I did during the stay. But won't recommend it for tourists.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RoyalprincessL, Front Office Manager at Royal Princess Larn Luang, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Royal Princess Larn Luang Bangkok Hotel.

We highly appreciate your detailed review and kind words and hope that this will be helpful for future guests.
We thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us in driving our standards to the best.

I look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.