Dusit Thani Bangkok
$465
$77
Priceline
3,371 results
All reviewslumpini parkclub roomlower lobbygrand hotelsilom roadthai hospitalitythai restaurantstar hotelnight marketpublic areassilom areasala daengbit datedsuperior roomlocation is excellentan upgradenight life
Reviewed February 7, 2010

Warm hospitality, excellent service, very nice room

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I had heard great things from many locals about this hotel. It was a huge disappointment.
The check in took 20 minutes. Basic questions such as what time is the fitness centre open until, could not be answered. A supervisor had to assist with finding me a room on the system, and i was offered an upgrade (at my expense). I declined, so the search for a room continued.
When i did get my room, i noticed that the description on the hotel website, (bath and shower, silk hangers) were not true. My room only had a shower. My non smoking room stunk of cigarette smoke. There were minor stains on the carpet. When i arrived neither my airconditioning nor my 'do not disturb' indicator worked. These problems were corrected.
The TV in my room was no bigger than my screen on my laptop.
Through my 3 days, the same 2 pieces of paper on the floor did not move, the carpets were not vacuumed. The elevators also stunk of cigarette smoke.
A bottle of water at the fitness centre will cost you $6USD. There are approximately 20 pool chairs for a hotel with over 500 rooms.
The restaurant buffet was adequate, but the staff at the buffet seemed completely disorganized.
On the positive side, both the market and the Thai restaurant were great. The hotel lobby and bar are absolutely beautiful and many of the staff will go out of their way to assist you and make you feel welcome.
This may have been a 5 star hotel when it opened, but it needs a facelift to maintain that standing.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank bd007
Reviewed February 2, 2010

My partner and I were staying for a week as a gift from my parents. I had heard it was a nice hotel, but I was amazed at all the little touches as well as the sheer feeling of luxury that really goes to make this the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

I have stayed in Bangkok before, the location of the hotel is fantastic.

The restaurants are fantastic, I enjoyed a wide range of food on the terrace as well as some fantastic fruit smoothies. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a deluxe room and placed on the 20th floor, the views were great. It has the best bed I have ever slept in, the decor is really nice and Thai. I really enjoyed the turning down service, the lady who looked after us brought special aromatherapy oil every night and made the room smell wonderful and relaxing. Everyone was so considerate and it didn't seem smarmy or forced, often offering tips or help in a genuine and friendly manner.
Everything here was comfortable, safe and relaxing . You really did feel like you were being looked after. My partner and I made an age old mistake in the restaurant and was going to order way too much food (this the BenJarong Thai Restaurant) Our waitress so politely and kindly indicated it was a lot of food, she could not have done it in a more pleasant and kind way and we were not made to feel embarrassed at all. She even said at the end of the meal when we agreed there was no way we could have added the extra dish, that next time she would be happy to get the chef to cook smaller portions if we wanted to try more dishes. We also found the food and service in the Japanese restaurant to be a real experience. My partner lived in Tokyo for a year and enjoys Japanese food and service as very much a comforting experience. The restaurant is huge, but broken into small areas that make it so comfortable. Their saying is using the gifts from heaven to make heaven on earth, well I cant put it any better because its exactly what they do with perfect service!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adelle007
Reviewed January 29, 2010

We stayed at the Dusit Thani for 3 nights. We booked a club room, so we can make the most of free soft drinks / tea / coffee, cocktails and canapés in the evening. It is certainly worth paying a few extra baht for the club rooms, as not only do you get a welcome drink in the Dusit Club Room, there is also is free WiFi or PCs in the the club room.

For newbie’s to Bangkok, the Dusit Thani is in an excellent location. When we first visit a city, we like a hotel that allows us to explore. Right by the BTS / Skytrain and MRT at Sala Daeng and gives a good connection to the rest of Bangkok. Plus a short walk to Patpong and Suan Lum / Lumpini Night markets. An excellent starting point.

It is true that Dusit Thani Bangkok does not have the most modern rooms in the city. In 1968 when the hotel was new it must have been spectacular. Now nearly 40 years on it has to does come a pale second to the more modern hotels in room quality and facilities. Don’t get me wrong the hotel is not terrible, the location is a good one and it does offer very good value for money. And, anyway we did not pay Banyan Tree prices! This hotel is part of the Bangkok heritage and that has to be worth something.

The rooms are comfy, if a bit tired in their decor. The bathrooms are small and typical of a 60’s design of hotel – once again a major gripe is that there is no shaving mirror and never enough lighting – always useful for putting in contact lenses as well as for shaving. There was an underpowered over bath shower that seemed to point everywhere other than in the bath. There was not much in the way of storage space in the bathroom – again another common gripe of many hotels, plenty of wardrobe and other storage space.

Maybe our room and floor was do for a make over, however, we were lucky and got one of the rooms on the corner of the hotel so the room was larger than normal, and we had two balconies.

The lobby, restaurants, bars etc do not feel so tired but are welcoming and comfortable.

There is a good choice of drinks and snacks in the bars, and prices are just a bit cheaper than the UK.

The pool area is nice and the gym well stocked. The steam room is some distance from the gym which, for us, is a bit of an inconvenience.

The all staff in the hotel are friendly and efficient. We did not have any problems or issues.

The breakfasts very good with a great choice and selection to suit all tastes. We made the mistake of going into the “il cielo” restaurant for breakfast where there is an a’la carte for hot dishes and cold dishes are buffet, our eggs arrived cold and hard. After that we ate breakfast at the Pavilion where the choice was excellent and more to our liking.

A good central location and actually offering good VFM.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TravellingMitch
Reviewed January 28, 2010

great position easy acces to everything
a place to stay lots of restaurant choice in the hotel
great gym and wonderful staff everywhere

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business