“An older hotel showing some age”

Dusit Thani Bangkok
Ranked #105 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“An older hotel showing some age”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

To start this is an older hotel, so if you are looking for something modern then you may not want to stay here.

The hotel was many amenities and services from a tailor, jewelry and clothing store to even a florist within it. There are many food choices from the lobby which serves drinks and light snacks to buffet and Thai fine dining.

The check in process was almost smooth as they tried to tie up two reservations which needed to be consecutive.

The room was in the South Tower and away from the main hotel which meant a little extra walk. However the room itself was clean and had all you could have wanted except a nice coffee maker! The bathroom was a real gem and the amenities smelt awesome.

The bed was comfortable, the lounge in the lobby was a great place to work overlooking the internal water feature and the staff were superb (kind, patient and helpful).

I got a great deal and would stay again if I found a similar one.

• Stayed June 2013
Phansiri M, Director of Marketing at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Jasonleg,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Dusit Thani Bangkok, I would like to express our appreciation for the positive review and we are all delighted you had an enjoyable stay in our Superior Room.

Your comments about our excellent service staff, cuisines, hotel facilities and convenient location are very much appreciated and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon at Dusit Thani Bangkok.

Director of Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This comment is just to say it was a great stay, very attentive and well trained staff that can speak English properly and assist you in any way, great standards. The breakfast was really good, great variety of different types of cuisines. But what impress me the most is the attentiveness of the lobby staff, guest service, door man and bell boys.

The only suggestion is to replace the padding on the balcony door, the noise insulation is not the best.

I loved the pillow menu. Made my nights more pleasant :)

Room Tip: Definately top floor, facing the park.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Felo69,

Thank you very much, I would like to express our appreciation for the positive review and we are all delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your comments about our excellent service staff espcially our lobby staff, guest service, door man and bell boys, cuisines and hotel facilities are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Dusit Thani Bangkok.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

had a perfect stay. slept like a baby in this nice bad.
the only drawback: gym has only opened until 10pm, however when calling the shift manager you can go in there even after that time ( no employees are there tough which is fine with me).

+ great locxation
+ great variety of rest. to choose from
+ conveniently located
+ will definately stay again

Dear Francesco41983,

Thank you very much for your positive review and we are all delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your comments about our excellent service staff, cuisines, hotel facilities and convenient location are very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Dusit Thani Bangkok.

Austin
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I did research for my trip to Bangkok and was told Dusit Thani was a great choice with a prime location. Only the latter was true. Many of the comments here are about the wonderful tower which has a gold beautiful elevators that I am sure lead to great rooms, but if you choose to reside in the east wing, which are where 300 plus rooms out of the 550 are actually are it's as if you have entered into a 3 star hotel. First, you must take a "backdoor elevator" that is all the way in the back of the hotel and feels like a sauna inside. Once arriving at your floor, the hallways are cramped and have a horrible- smoked filled aroma.

Inside the rooms, the carpets are stained, restrooms are terribly small, our shower head did not work, the room smells as if it has been a smoking room, the beds are incredibly small (only 2 twin beds that are uncomfortable with sheets covered with stains). The uncleanliness of the room is just a huge turn-off. The curtains are dirty, the wallpaper is pealing and the bathroom has mold growing all around the drain.

They service here is wonderful and the employees are always helpful and nice. The lobby is nice to stay in, and the gym is quite well equipped.

Dusit Thani seems to only focus on their higher end clientele with fabulous, clean rooms while leaving the majority of us in dingy, at best, 3-star rooms.

Seeing the beautiful foyer when entering the hotel is definitely misleading. I still have 2 more nights here, and I am not looking forward to them. I am hoping to stay out as much as possible and away from my room.

I will not be residing in anymore Dusit Thani hotels. A major disappointment.

Room Tip: DO NOT GET THE STANDARD ROOMS!!!! you would be better off saving your money and actually staying in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kelly Q
Phansiri M, Director of Marketing at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Kelly Q,

First of all I would like to thank you for your value time in providing us with some valuable observations from your recent stay at Dusit Thani Bangkok. I am always disappointed to hear that you have experienced less than the highest standards of service or products during your stay and please allow me to apologize for this most sincerely.

I have shared your comments with those members of our management and our Director of Room to ensure we rectify the issues regarding your comments. Whilst I appreciate your feedback I most certainly do not want you to leave Dusit Thani with this impression. We hope you would give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

It would be highly appreciated if you could look for me and our Director of Room in the reception, so I could personally express our apologies and take charge of whatever concerns you have so we could still provide you a nice and memorable experience for the remainder of your stay with us.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time for your review and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to meet in the near future. If I may be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me personally at any point.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

As frequent travelers we had the opportunity to visit Bangkok many times before and this hotel ranks among the best we staid at. It would be hard to fault by the most 'picky' type of person. It is very clean, excellently maintained, roomy, comfortable and it's facilities nothing to be desired up on. It has an excellent and roomy gym with an array of equipment and the 30 C. pool manned by helpful and courteous staff. In deed all the hotel staff, highlighting the Concierge, were very welcoming and helpful.
Excellent location, good breakfast menu... Our only recommendation would be to create more shady areas or more umbrellas around the pool, so the scorching midday sun will not keep people away. Over all, we had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: For couples the Superior rom is comfortable and of course the view from higher levels are better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FMStyevko
Dear FMStyevko,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Dusit Thani Bangkok, I would like to express our appreciation for the positive review and we are all delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It is indeed a great pleasure to receive your compliments on our services especially Concierge stff and hotel facilities

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Dusit Thani Bangkok.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Another short business trip to Bangkok and the colleague from Thailand recommended this hotel. The service is excellence, not only the receptionist at lobby, but also the concierge and bellboy who helped us a lot during our stay. The room was clean and tidy, but I disliked the cabinet which TV was stored. I can watch TV only if I sit on my bed, but not other corner of my room coz it was blocked by the cabinet's doors, which I felt a bit of inconvenience. Besides that, I always heard weird sound from my room, but luckily I was too tired during the stay and managed to ignore the sound at night. The breakfast buffet had quite a lot of variety as well, e.g. Japanese, Western, Chinese, etc. The one I liked most from the hotel is the lemon grass smelled of toiletries. The location is convenient, near to Silom night market and MTR station. Overall the hotel is nice to stay, except the weird sound.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear CPS1205,

I would like to express our appreciation for the positive review and we are all delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us during your business trip. Your comments about our excellent service staff especially our front office, concierge and bellboy, breakfast at The Pavilion, our lemon grass smelled and convenient location are very much appreciated.

We look forward to your continuous patronage and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon at Dusit Thani Bangkok.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel that is accompanied with good access to both the BTS and MRT.

This hotel certainly lives up to its name in terms of cleanliness, service and amenities. You would be hard pressed to find something to gripe about except maybe perhaps the hotel could review the manpower resource during breakfast at the pavilion.

It takes a lot longer than it should for the staff to clear used plates and perhaps provide coffee refills. But the breakfast spread is good and scrumptious.

I would certainly come back here for my Bangkok accommodating needs.

Dear ngck2006,

I would like to express our appreciation for the positive review and we are all delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your comments about our hotel facilities and convenient location are very much appreciated.

Also please rest assured that the shortage staff matter has been discussed with our Director of F&B to foster swift improvements. Your comments are very valuable and help us to improve.

Thank you very much and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon at Dusit Thani Bangkok.