“Friendly, Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #106 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Friendly, Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and i arrived in Bangkok for three days at the Dusit Thani, we were overjoyed with the quality of the hotel, staff and cuisine.

Well positioned for nightlife.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
DusitThaniBKK, Director of Marketing at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Malcolm, thank you very much for your positive review of Dusit Thani Bangkok. We are all very pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments about our excellent service staff, cuisines and convenient location are very much appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

First night at Dusit Thani was in a superior room. It was old - wall paper peeling off walls. Bed protector had old blood on it (not mine). However, the last 6 nights were in an executive club suite which was large, clean and quite a contrast. I became very sick and the hotel staff were excellent. They contacted an English speaking doctor, and the hotel management came to my room to check on me, and to deliver some beautiful flowers. Also, as it was my brother's birthday, two birthday cakes were given to him.

The thoughtful touches of flowers and cake seem to cancel the rather revolting first night experience.

I would stay at the Dusit Thani again (just not in a superior room),

Breakfast food always seemed to be cold even though it was just cooked!

Room Tip: Don't pick a superior room in old wing
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan M
Dear Susan, thank you very much for your positive review of Dusit Thani Bangkok. We are all very pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay in an Executive Club Suite. Your comments about our excellent service staff is very much appreciated.

Regarding the “tired old” superior rooms, we will put into place plans for refurbishment in 2013, which will address the issues that you raised. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangkok. In the meantime, please remember that Dusit Thani Bangkok has an active Facebook page where you can share your memorable experiences, pictures, news and reviews of our hotel.
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Perfect location to explore bangkok as on top of both a sky train and metro station. It is also within walking distance of salom road wit it's various sights and sounds. The public areas were luxurious and the service from the staff excellent. The room was large with 2 double beds, fridge, microwave, bath and separate shower. The bathroom will need updating in the next few years as it is beginning to look a bit tired. Some nice touches such as authentic live Thai music in the public areas and some good restaurants albeit a bit expensive compared to restaurants outside. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mayfair999, thank you very much for your positive review of Dusit Thani Bangkok. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments about our excellent convenient location, public area and room facilities are very much appreciated.

Regarding the bathroom, we will put into place plans for renovation in 2013, which will address the issues that you raised. We hope you will have a chance to stay with us again to see the improvements. In the meantime, please remember that Dusit Thani Bangkok has an active Facebook page where you can share your memorable experiences, pictures, news and reviews of our hotel.
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Very satisfied with this one.loved the servic, entertainment, spa, dinning, cocktail bar with piano singer, concierge was beyond any service that i can ever remember.cant remeber his name but he really took care of us while our whole stay.anything we needed was there.hotel also has a choco patisserie under the main entrance and its delecious.no doubt one of oldest in bgk but one of the finest also.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Kresho, thank you very much for your positive review of Dusit Thani Bangkok. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments about our excellent service staff, entertainment, spa, food and beverages services are very much appreciated. We will convey your compliments to Concierge Team that you have singled out for their service excellence.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have just returned to Australia after spending 4 nights at the Dusit (prounanced Disit) Thani in Bangkok. I have, over the years visited, and stayed in many of the 3,4 & 5 star hotels in Bangkok but would rate this hotel as the best yet.
This visit I decided to splurge & paid for a Club Room experence,
From the moment I entered & went to the recepion the experence started. I was quickly escorted to the club reception on the 21st floor & seated in the club lounge. The whole check in process was completed, with a cool drink, without me having to fill out any forms, just sign the bottom, then I was escorted to my room on the 16th floor. Usually I do not tip bellboys, the one that took me to my room was so good at showing me how everything in the room worked, I made an exception.
The room was spotless, consisting of bedroom, seperate lounge with office desk, Bathroom with partitioned toilet, Bath, & hugh glass screen shower(would fit 2 or 3 people). The bed was a King size, brillant white sheets, firm but very confortable. Towels were plentiful- thick, fluffy & very white. A bowl of fresh fruit was a nice touch, as was the afternoon delivery of a small plate of savourys
This is my first stay in a hotel in Asia where everything worked! The tv had 30+ channels all perfect no matter the time of day or weather. I turned off the bedroom Air Cond. as it was too noisy when sleeping.
The toilet accessaries provided are of very above average quality. Free bottled water is in abundance. Included is free internet access both cable & WiFi, I used the cable which was slow at times & made Skype not very high quality.
As part of the club package Breakfast in the II Cielo restuarant, cooked to order, is included, or you can go to the Pavillion for the self selection. The first option was excellent.
Also included was a 'happy hour' in the club lounge from 5.30 to 7.30pm which provided 1st class cocktails, wines etc & Canapes free.There are many other benefits included as part of the club package.
The Maid room turndown/cleaning service was exceptional, no waiting til afternoon, by the time I had finished breakfast my room was done & so clean.
The Golf Driving range on the 5th floor roof is a great idea but needs a refit to bring it up to the rest of the hotel standard.
I considered the drink prices, both in the lounge, my bar & mini bar, excessive 258Bht for 0.5 Litre (AUD$8+), but there is a supermarket opposite & a large bottle of the local brew is 53Bht (AUD$1.45)
This is a great hotel, it ticks over like a well oiled swiss watch, I will stay there again

Room Tip: My room on the 16th floor was very quite with great veiws overlooking the park
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank terry v
Dear Terry, thank you very much for your positive review of Dusit Thani Bangkok. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in a our Dusit Club and experienced our club benefits. Your comments about our excellent service staff, breakfast and club lounge services are very much appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very small, noisy room, which smelled of cigarettes. Told reception that we had requested a non-smoking room, and were told there were none available. Then discovered that the balcony door did not shut properly, and vibrated noisily. After being made to wait for some time, while numerous staff came and examined our door, we were finally moved to another room. Long lines at check out.
Normally I stay at the Shangi-La or Peninsula, but thought I would try the Dusit Thani as I had found (what I thought) was a great deal. I will not stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anja K
Dear Anja,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We have noted the difficulty you have experienced during your stay with the room reservation and we would like to extend our sincerest apologies.

Please rest assured that the aforementioned matter has been discussed with the Reservation Manager to foster swift improvements. Your comments are very valuable and help us to improve.

Yours sincerely,
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at the Dusit Thani many times over the last 25 years. I also stayed in many other 5 star hotels in Bangkok.

I always had excellent experiences in Bangkok. SERVICE is big - so is the smile from all the staff members at the Dusit Thani Hotel.

The hotel is GRAND - it has it's own style. You have this royal feeling staying at one of the top hotels of the world.

Of course the property is older, but maintained like a brand new hotel with a classic flair.

The executive rooms are spacious with a different living and bedroom. All the amenities you could expect are there and more.

The beds are so comfortable - it tops all the major brand signature beds.
I received 3 different newspapers every morning.

The gym was renovated 7 years ago, and is still very much up to date. I did not stay at the Dusit for about 5 years, and the gym instructor remembered me.
I enjoyed my breakfast - it must be one of the best in Bangkok.

I met the chef from Venice running the Italian restaurant. The food was amazing.
I also ate at the Thai Restaurant and the Steak House - nothing but the best.

The location is one of the best in Bangkok next to the intersection of the SKYTRAIN and the Metro. You walk to all the night clubs and shops on Silom Road, the night market is across the road.

I felt like coming home - great place! This hotel is about people. I suggest everyone in the 5 star hotel business in North America and Europe should train at the Dusit Thani.

Surprisingly the rates at this hotel are the most reasonable I found among 5 star properties in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Make sure you invest in booking an executive suite. It's not much more money - but well worth it...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank eTurboNews
DusitThaniBKK, Director of Communications at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear eTurboNews, thank you very much for your great review of Dusit Thani Bangkok. I enjoyed our lunch together and so glad you had a good experience at all the outlets that you tried.

Please do not hesitate to contact me again if you have any questions.