“Very fine hotel.”

Dusit Thani Bangkok
Ranked #101 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
“Very fine hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Very satisfied with this one.loved the servic, entertainment, spa, dinning, cocktail bar with piano singer, concierge was beyond any service that i can ever remember.cant remeber his name but he really took care of us while our whole stay.anything we needed was there.hotel also has a choco patisserie under the main entrance and its delecious.no doubt one of oldest in bgk but one of the finest also.

• Stayed February 2012
DusitThaniBKK, Director of Marketing at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Kresho, thank you very much for your positive review of Dusit Thani Bangkok. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments about our excellent service staff, entertainment, spa, food and beverages services are very much appreciated. We will convey your compliments to Concierge Team that you have singled out for their service excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangkok. In the meantime, please remember that Dusit Thani Bangkok has an active Facebook page where you can share your memorable experiences, pictures, news and reviews of our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have just returned to Australia after spending 4 nights at the Dusit (prounanced Disit) Thani in Bangkok. I have, over the years visited, and stayed in many of the 3,4 & 5 star hotels in Bangkok but would rate this hotel as the best yet.
This visit I decided to splurge & paid for a Club Room experence,
From the moment I entered & went to the recepion the experence started. I was quickly escorted to the club reception on the 21st floor & seated in the club lounge. The whole check in process was completed, with a cool drink, without me having to fill out any forms, just sign the bottom, then I was escorted to my room on the 16th floor. Usually I do not tip bellboys, the one that took me to my room was so good at showing me how everything in the room worked, I made an exception.
The room was spotless, consisting of bedroom, seperate lounge with office desk, Bathroom with partitioned toilet, Bath, & hugh glass screen shower(would fit 2 or 3 people). The bed was a King size, brillant white sheets, firm but very confortable. Towels were plentiful- thick, fluffy & very white. A bowl of fresh fruit was a nice touch, as was the afternoon delivery of a small plate of savourys
This is my first stay in a hotel in Asia where everything worked! The tv had 30+ channels all perfect no matter the time of day or weather. I turned off the bedroom Air Cond. as it was too noisy when sleeping.
The toilet accessaries provided are of very above average quality. Free bottled water is in abundance. Included is free internet access both cable & WiFi, I used the cable which was slow at times & made Skype not very high quality.
As part of the club package Breakfast in the II Cielo restuarant, cooked to order, is included, or you can go to the Pavillion for the self selection. The first option was excellent.
Also included was a 'happy hour' in the club lounge from 5.30 to 7.30pm which provided 1st class cocktails, wines etc & Canapes free.There are many other benefits included as part of the club package.
The Maid room turndown/cleaning service was exceptional, no waiting til afternoon, by the time I had finished breakfast my room was done & so clean.
The Golf Driving range on the 5th floor roof is a great idea but needs a refit to bring it up to the rest of the hotel standard.
I considered the drink prices, both in the lounge, my bar & mini bar, excessive 258Bht for 0.5 Litre (AUD$8+), but there is a supermarket opposite & a large bottle of the local brew is 53Bht (AUD$1.45)
This is a great hotel, it ticks over like a well oiled swiss watch, I will stay there again

Room Tip: My room on the 16th floor was very quite with great veiws overlooking the park
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank terry v
Dear Terry, thank you very much for your positive review of Dusit Thani Bangkok. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in a our Dusit Club and experienced our club benefits. Your comments about our excellent service staff, breakfast and club lounge services are very much appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very small, noisy room, which smelled of cigarettes. Told reception that we had requested a non-smoking room, and were told there were none available. Then discovered that the balcony door did not shut properly, and vibrated noisily. After being made to wait for some time, while numerous staff came and examined our door, we were finally moved to another room. Long lines at check out.
Normally I stay at the Shangi-La or Peninsula, but thought I would try the Dusit Thani as I had found (what I thought) was a great deal. I will not stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anja K
Dear Anja,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We have noted the difficulty you have experienced during your stay with the room reservation and we would like to extend our sincerest apologies.

Please rest assured that the aforementioned matter has been discussed with the Reservation Manager to foster swift improvements. Your comments are very valuable and help us to improve.

Yours sincerely,
Haleiwa, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at the Dusit Thani many times over the last 25 years. I also stayed in many other 5 star hotels in Bangkok.

I always had excellent experiences in Bangkok. SERVICE is big - so is the smile from all the staff members at the Dusit Thani Hotel.

The hotel is GRAND - it has it's own style. You have this royal feeling staying at one of the top hotels of the world.

Of course the property is older, but maintained like a brand new hotel with a classic flair.

The executive rooms are spacious with a different living and bedroom. All the amenities you could expect are there and more.

The beds are so comfortable - it tops all the major brand signature beds.
I received 3 different newspapers every morning.

The gym was renovated 7 years ago, and is still very much up to date. I did not stay at the Dusit for about 5 years, and the gym instructor remembered me.
I enjoyed my breakfast - it must be one of the best in Bangkok.

I met the chef from Venice running the Italian restaurant. The food was amazing.
I also ate at the Thai Restaurant and the Steak House - nothing but the best.

The location is one of the best in Bangkok next to the intersection of the SKYTRAIN and the Metro. You walk to all the night clubs and shops on Silom Road, the night market is across the road.

I felt like coming home - great place! This hotel is about people. I suggest everyone in the 5 star hotel business in North America and Europe should train at the Dusit Thani.

Surprisingly the rates at this hotel are the most reasonable I found among 5 star properties in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Make sure you invest in booking an executive suite. It's not much more money - but well worth it...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank eTurboNews
DusitThaniBKK, Director of Communications at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear eTurboNews, thank you very much for your great review of Dusit Thani Bangkok. I enjoyed our lunch together and so glad you had a good experience at all the outlets that you tried.

Please do not hesitate to contact me again if you have any questions.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a conference and could not fault it. Unlike previous reviewer staying at same time, I found the staff charming. Excellent gym, food outstanding, lots of choice and great location. All this at what was a pretty good rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DusitThaniBKK, Director of Communications at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Keith W, thank you very much for your positive review of Dusit Thani Bangkok. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We're glad you had a chance to experience some of our restaurants and facilities such as DFit Fitness Centre. Thank you also for your kind comments about our charming staff.

Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Dusit Thani is an old venerable hotel in Bangkok. I came here expecting the Bangkok charm and personalization only to find a business hotel that does not cater to any customer. There is no charm here, no friendliness. I am quite disappointed. So here is a list of some of my complaints: the concierge staff did not want to write the addresses in Thai of the places I wanted to visit, they charge you for everything, even water in your suite (yes a suite), the free breakfast is poor, the food was cold and they did not replenish. There is no customer service. Also, when you check in they give you a free drink in the bar.....non-alcoholic (but they don't tell you). Skip this one!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JamesBondLosAngeles
DusitThaniBKK, Director of Communications at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear lovesumba, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are disappointed to hear about your unsatisfactory experience with us. However, your comments are very valuable and help us to improve.

We have informed our front office and training departments who will implement target training programs to improve the quality and attitude of our staff. The concierge team has also been informed of your comments and will work to be more consistently responsive and helpful.

You mentioned that we have a charge for everything. We will review our prices to ensure that we always remain competitive. However, we do try to provide as many services as we can for our guests, including free wi-fi. Also, our new Dusit Club Lounge offers complimentary light snacks and refreshments throughout the day as well as 24 hour Butler Service, available to guests staying in a Club Room or Suite, at no extra charge)

I have informed our chefs and staff about your comments regarding breakfast service. We will work to ensure that the selection is adequately heated and replenished more regularly.
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My second visit to the hotel and was comfortable and easy access to shopping areas. Staff are not as friendly as other hotels in the city and we had to remind on small things - nothing that would really ruin your stay. Would stay there again, especially as its near to the night market.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Kadambari B, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your comments are very valuable and help us to improve.

It is disappointing to hear you mention that our staff are not as friendly as other hotels and that they needed to be reminded to do things. We plan to implement a training program to improve in these areas.

It would be very helpful if you could let us know in which department(s) (front office, restaurant, concierge etc.) you encountered problems. This will allow us to target our training to the right people.