“Don't need to try any other hotel...”

lebua at State Tower
Ranked #94 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is one of the best hotels I've been to in my travels. This is place is amazing, the service is excellent. I loved the beds and the products. The room we got was a really good size. The breakfast buffet in the morning is amazing, so make sure you get it. Everyone is so nice, the area of the hotel is very convenient, you can walk to many places around there, and be close to walk to take a boat to take you everywhere. You can eat out of the hotel at the street, and food is delicious. Make sure you get some reservation at the restaurant at the top, it's beautiful, or at least grab a drink at the bar at night, there is a lot of people but totally worth it. I enjoyed the city, but the hotel definitely made it worth to travel so far. Amazing!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for lebua at State Tower

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Good room but did not get what I've booked, king bed and was given 2 doubles. Part of the deal fruit basket on arrival - did not get it. The views were great, the Sky Bar at the top amazing, the lifts were a pain. The water in the shower kept going from hot to cold. The pool was good but the water was not very warm. The business lounge was very average and was only open until 6pm. Th lobby of the hotel very poor for what pretends to be a 5 star hotel. Staff was friendly.

Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The entrance to the hotel left little to be desired for such a wonderful place. Maybe it was set up that way to avoid the many tuk-tuk drivers that were waiting in the street that say they will give you a bargain, but really are not. Just so you are aware, they will mock you if you don't use them. The lobby is very, very small. Not used to seeing that in a hotel. The main desk, check-in area is also a bit small, but they were very accommodating. We were walked up to our room by receptionist and finished the check-in there. You must sign a waiver concerning the balcony as it is open. Based on the view of the hotel from across the river and even poolside, it seems that every room has a balcony. It is not enclosed and that was surprising as we stayed on the 52nd floor. A bit dangerous. I loved the room though. When you first walk in, you have a very spacious living room, which could have used a television for the open wall across from the couch. This way if someone does decide to go to sleep in the bedroom, someone else can still watch tv if they wanted to. There was a small kitchenette. You have to inquire about pots, if you wanted them. Bottles of water are complimentary. There were two in the bathroom, two in the kitchenette, and two in the bedroom. So there were no worries about having good, clean water to drink. There was a large fridge too. The bedroom was very comfortable. There was a large desk, tv, the balcony was off the bedroom. There was a pocket door to close the bedroom off from the rest of the suite. The bathroom was large as well. Shower stall, jacuzzi tub. Nice amenities. There were even toothbrushes in case you forgot yours. The breakfast was excellent! You had a choice of eating inside or poolside. We choose inside. So much to choose from. Dinner for breakfast. I was amazed at all the food and choices. This was truly a plus here. Our hotel stay included a two drinks and hors d'oeuvres. We sat pool side. My margarita was excellent and my husband enjoyed his mojito. For our last night, we wanted to dine at Breezes. We wanted to look at it beforehand. I had brand new thongs (not pool flips) and was told that I couldn't look around. My shoes were not permitted. I got the finger swaying No after pointing to my shoes. I was highly insulted to say the least. Really, I was fuming. And if you ever wanted to go shoe shopping in Thailand, it is very difficult to find shoes above a size 8. Really impossible. I wound up purchasing a pair of men's loafers just so I could go to dinner. Needless to say, I really wasn't impressed with my dinner because of the aggravation I went through to find shoes to go there in the first place. We had wanted to take a photo on the "bridge" and were told no. That restaurant left a very sour taste in my mouth. Especially when I saw someone with thong sandals on. Just because there was a strap on her sandal, she was ok to some in. I think I will do another review just on this place and rate it a lot lower than the hotel itself. Thank goodness it was our last night for that. I tell you this story so you yourself are prepared with proper shoes. The saving grace was the staff at breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my 2 night stay at the Lebua at State Tower. They did not have the riverview room I booked available so I was upgraded to a suite at no additional charge. Gorgeous views and very comfortable suite that was bigger than 95% of NYC apartments. The treatments at the spa were really wonderful especially the jet lag recovery massage. The free food and drinks at the tower club were also very good. The rooftop bars were like nothing I have ever experienced before. Prices were also very reasoble and less than many other hotels of same calibre. My only pet peeve was I was stopped from taking a photo at the rooftop bar. Seems silly that I was a paying guest and not allowed to take a picture of the "hangover" area that led to the bar.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hotel is not new and that shows a little, but the service is old school glamorous and top notch in every way. If you go there, choose to pay little extra for tower club rooms, that view and the lounge are really worth the money! We have been traveling around Thailand for months and have stayed in many luxury hotels, but service here is absolutely the best. Location is not our favorite as we prefer Sukhumvit area but that might be just a matter of taste. Enjoyable stay! Breakfast is great!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We arrived at the Lebua hotel and was asked to wait in the reception area while they take are confirmation form and passports, the lady then came out and asked us to fill out some forms etc, then a manager came over to inform us that unfortunately he did not have a room for us and that he was very sorry, we went through this with him again and he informed us that the hotel had overbooked 25 people. i find this very poor for a 5* hotel, after a long haul flight this is not what you want to hear.
we offered to pay more money but still we was not able to get a room at this hotel even though we had booked this online months before.
the manager offered to book us at another hotel and when we were due to come back 3 weeks later that we would have a upgrade however this did not make a difference to how we were left especially when i found out later on in my holiday that my partner was due to propose to me at this hotel which obviously ruined his plans.
i really think that over booking 25 people is not acceptable.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. Such great service from arriving to check out. We were upgraded to a room on the 57th floor. The view from the room balcony was fantastic. You have to sign a waiver to have your balcony door open. Room has a Nepresso machine & a great range of complimentary toiletries. I'm overseas for 10 weeks so I was stoked. Bed was so comfy & fluffy & staff knock on your door in the evening to see if you need anything. Buffet breakfast was the best I've ever seen. Big choice of juices, omelettes made to order, sushi, dumplings, bacon & ham smoked for you. It's on the same level as the pool which is a nice view. The pool is & gym are also massive. I really appreciate that when you are catching taxi's from the hotel they write your destination in Thai for the drivers. The staff are so polite & helpful. The location is good, close to Robinson department store & we took the complimentry shuttle to the pier to catch the ferry across the Chao Phraya River. This will definitely be my hotel of choice whenever I am back in Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2013