Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
9,046 results
All reviews sky bar the hangover tower club breeze restaurant sirocco restaurant the river river view suite living room our honeymoon amazing hotel sitting area breakfast was amazing top floor breakfast buffet hotel guests upgraded to a suite restaurants and bars
Selected filters
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We loved this hotel. The staff was very friendly and always assisting you. The breakfast was superb, everything you could imagine in a wonderful setting. We did dinner at the breeze rather than the other restaurants and the atmosphere and food was excellent and priced at about $140 for two with an appetizer, two cocktails, and main course. Outside was beautiful and romantic. We had the club lounge and it was fabulous with cocktails, lunch and breakfast open Gil 6 pm. The only draw back was that as hotel guest you don't get any special privileges for going up to the DOME for picture taking and they have stricken rules because of the tourist. I wouldn't have dinner up there because of the tourist and traffic and I am not sure you can take pictures even then. That disturbed us, although they were extremely polite.

Our room and balcony view was astounding and very private. The refrigerator was stocked and you did have a sitting area which we did us as much because it did not have a TV in that area. The rooms are very large. Location was in a good area. If you want to ride a toot toot. Go out the back and ask for Bau. He is a wonderful young man that is very honest and enjoyable.

Room tip: We stayed on the 56 floor and had a city view. The city view gave us both city and river. I wouldn't pay more for river view, the beauty of Bangkok for viewing is only at night. The higher the floor the better.
1  Thank Martha D
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We (two couples) stayed at the Lebua for 2 nights after a week in Phuket. The view was spectacular and every part of the hotel oozed luxury. There was always a friendly face on hand to assist when needed and the buffet breakfast was devine. We also made a booking to eat at the restaurant up top and whilst expensive the view and atmosphere was unforgettable.

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for a few nights. Overall a positive worthwhile experience and the other reviews characterize the service, location, and the amenities well. Except fashion. Here are my two cents on the restaurants/bars.

There is a dress code for the restaurants, which is cool and expected for a high-dollar place like this. It includes full coverage shoes for men. Then more obvious restrictions: no ripped clothes, no sleeveless shirts, etc. Now I don't inherently mind the full shoe coverage requirement, although I am aware of a number of "nice" sandals that exist for men and given Bangkok's climate I did have to change out of my "nice" sandals each of the times I entered the restaurant. I'm not complaining. That is fine.

But, and here's the but. Tight t-shirts with pictures of half-naked girls on the front are not fashion. Save them for the Jersey Shore. They shouldn't be allowed in a "high-dollar" bar or restaurant, at least not if a nice pair of sandals are forbidden. We witnessed this "fashion" everyday. Converse all-stars are indeed full coverage shoes, I have a pair, but really? My comments are less a criticism of the hotel and more just social commentary, but I couldn't help but observe the humorous juxtaposition between a group of women in cocktail dresses, evening gowns, and stilettos, waiting behind a horde of dudes in jeans and t-shirts at the bar every night. I'm serious; we observed this same phenomenon all 3 nights we were there. Step it up a bit gents.

And echoing others, the bars are absurdly overpriced for Bangkok. If you're staying in the hotel, take a beer or a glass of wine from your own room out on the veranda of the bar area and enjoy the view, it is nice indeed. The evening crowds, elevator lift queues, and prices would keep me from visiting any of the restaurants and bars, unless I were staying at the hotel. And we enjoyed our stay enough, we probably would stay there again.

The smog is bad. Not Lebua's fault, but FYI I wear contact lenses and it was tough spending a a lot of time outside on the balcony or at the bars/restaurants.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

From the glossy website photos, we had expected - looked forward to in fact - a boutique hotel on a grander scale. We got off to a bad start when they couldn't accommodate our booking of a riverside view, non-smoking room with a king-sized bed - even though this room type is specifically bookable on the Net. We tried a smoking room with a riverside view but the stink had us settle for a city view from a cleaner room. As we finally settled, we took in our surrounding and found them depressing. Yes, the bathroom is marble and the bedsheets soft but all the furniture is a dull brown. The rooms are rectangular so the part next to the window gets the light but a few meters into the room and you must turn on the light no matter what time of day. There is nothing on the walls. Save for 2 orchid pots, nothing indicates one is in Bangkok. The decor is nondescript to the point of soul-less. Our last issue with the room: the 2 ACs were so noisy that we had to turn them off in order to be able to fall asleep and in a hotel of that standard in a country which is both hot and humid, thus making the use of AC machines mandatory, I for one thought this was unacceptable.
We were also disappointed with the pool area and the lifts. With respect to the pool area, while the pool itself is large, it has very few deck chairs around which means only a few guests can actually stay by the pool. Clearly, the pool area is not designed to welcome even a small portion of the hotel's guests. Last criticism: the lifts. The hotel has a lot of visitors who come to the Dome area at its top to enjoy its restaurants and bars. That means a lot of traffic in the elevators for which guests have to wait for long minutes. All the more so, while there are clearly designated service lifts, the hotel staff keeps on using the non-service lifts, adding to the weight of traffic on the already over-burdened elevators.
Do I have anything good to say about the Lebua? Yes, 2 things in fact. First, about the Dome and I will post positive reviews of "Mezzaluna" and "Breeze" where we had dinner. Second, about the staff which as often in Thailand is warm and kind and did its best to help us with our room choice.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

the hotel smelled of the building boom that eventually crashed the Thai and Asian economy in 1997. the facade is strange but unmissable and unmistakably. the building was too huge to be completely occupied so it has that unfinished feel to it. the building lobby stood in stark contrast with the hotel lobby which is on the same floor.
i don't like the staffs' attitude here. they are not nice, nor friendly cos they very much know that the hotel and the restaurants can fill themselves. so they don't try. they just do. this is esp true with the receptionists and concierges.
the room is ok. not that well kept. i like the balcony which is also where the compressors for ur air con are kept. the view however was amazing. i think that's the thing that keeps people coming.
breakfast was ok this is a very crowded hotel, so expect a lot of bustle and hustle. don't expect peace and solitude.
the wait for the elevators were damning, esp in the evening when the people are starting to go to the roof top restaurants. i hated that.
the pool is at the breakfast area. no privacy and no view. a lot of people for too small a pool.
i had a good time nonetheless, but i think i managed that for myself.

Room tip: book the rooms that face the river and west. u can watch the amazing sunset.
Date of stay: November 2012