“Luxury in Bangkok”

Ranked #97 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Guildford, Surrey
“Luxury in Bangkok”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

On the final leg of our Thailand adventure, my partner and I stayed at the ‘Lebua, State Tower’ Hotel . We stayed in a Riverview Suite which lived up to its name, amazing views from a huge luxurious suite, complete with living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. Housekeeping kept the room clean and looking homely, they turned the bed down and left slippers next to your bed. I especially liked the complimentary toiletries that were topped up!

The breakfast was the best of the three places we stayed (and it was pretty incredible at the other places) There was so much choice… they offer a huge bakery section with more pastries & breads than I could name. With every flavour of juice and almost 1 on 1 service it was outstanding.

We visited the now famous ‘Sky Bar’ for a couple of cocktails, the views were amazing from the 64th floor but the drinks a little pricey (500THB) Still worth a visit whether you stay at this hotel or not.

The pool was relaxing and you could order food to your lounger. We ate at ‘café mozu’one night,I believe you have to book a couple of weeks in advance at the other restaurants (so that may be something to think about before your trip) The food at ‘Café Mozu’ was good quality and plentiful. I was disappointed to receive a large bread basket after we’d ordered (this might have stopped me ordering a starter as well as main)

I cannot fault this wonderful hotel, the staff were friendly, welcoming and although I felt a bit like pretty woman walking into such a luxurious place the people working there treated us like royalty……

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trix85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,048)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Upgraded to suite on check-in - 53rd floor, size of room was incredible, was difficult to leave suite to go out each day. You must request balcony doors be unlocked - views of city are amazing. Breakfast buffet had awesome variety, changed daily. You must sneak a peek inside the ballroom, same floor as pool. It's like stepping into a palace...

Room Tip: The higher the better, for the city views. The suites are an indulgence everyone should experience.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason G
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is brilliant very good service and lovley rooms very big with fantastic views. Just a few things, we requested a non smoking room and could not get one, we tried to book into the main resturant but could only get a reservation at their second breezes resturant and 3rd the location is not the best as there is not alot to do outside the hotel, the river is close by but not good for shopping.
The food in the resturant is very good quality and well worth the money. The staff are helpful. On arrival would have been nice for a cold towl or some drinks but was not offered to us. I would recomend this hotel

• Stayed May 2012
Germany
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have recently stayed here in a 2 bedroom suite which offered amazing views over the river. I liked many of the services provides as well as the washing machine and dryer in the suite. Food in the rooftop restaurant was simply georgeous (we had the chefs menu) and combined with the views it was a priceless experience. We had an organized sightseeing tour through Bangkok which was a great individual touch to it too. Almost walking distance to the Pad Pong area on Silom road was much appreciated as well. I would go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Great Hotel, great Breakfast and great service, this was our last night in Thailand and this is the hotel to treat yourself with, only thing that shocked me was after checking out our flight was not till late in the evening so we killed a few hours in the hotel, we ordered 2 normal coffees in the lobby which came to 16 pounds!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GGPP2015
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

This serviced apartment hotel has a lot going for it: excellent service throughout, spacious simple yet still stylish suites and a gorgeous pool and gym. Breakfast buffet changes daily and is of high quality: the pastry chef in particular makes some of the most authentic croissants outside Europe, a rare find in SE Asia. Room service is decent and the person taking your order knows the menu, also not something to be taken for granted. Wake up calls take plan when scheduled and are followed by a reminder call. Wifi is of decent speed and Cable selection is also acceptable. The TVs are not flat but is that such as big deal? What could be improved? Perhaps because I went early morning, the gym had not yet benefited from a full day of air con and it was uncomfortably hot. Check in and check out could have been faster. Perhaps the most negative trait I felt was the lack of total soundproofing. Although it not seriously affect my stay, I could hear neighbors talk which could mean trouble if you get noisier individuals or families. All in all though, loved the experience and will return. I have stayed in many Bangkok hotels over the years and this ranks among my favorite.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Check in was fabulous, we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite up on the 59th floor. The views and service were impeccable.
The locals all knew where the hotel was so getting back was really easy.

Don't go to Distill, and only go to the skybar for a drink and to see the view.
At distill, the staff messed up the bills, and were trying to force me to call reception and pretend another guest was my friend so that I could call them and explain what had happened even though I had nothing to do with it. We were also served raw prawns at distill, and when we sent them back and said we didn't want replacement, were approached by a surly chef and told he had already recooked them.

Nice hotel, great service, but avoid distill.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends