“Centrally located. Slightly Overpriced. ”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #68 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Centrally located. Slightly Overpriced. ”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Bangkok now a days has become a paradise location for shoppers. The Amari watergate is very centrally located. Proximity to all big malls is at waking distance. Be it central, siam , mbk, indra market, pantip plaza or platanum. That's a plus as the taxis and tuk-tuks do not run on meter and all for absurd amounts for distances even lesser than even 2 km.

The rooms were quite spacious and clean.
However since I had a single occupancy room, there was no change in rates as compared to my friends staying in double occupancy. Also for me the difference in rates without breakfast was huge. Almost 1500 baht per day. So I chose to eat out.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Zubin M
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, September 28, 2014
Dear Zubin M,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on you recent visit in Bangkok. genuinely appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to follow up on your experience and please rest assured that we have shared your comments with our team.
Again thank you for your kind words and on behalf of the rest of the team here at Amari Watergate Bangkok, I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (978)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Yes I hardly give average ratings for my home in Bangkok.

I am writing to give an honest feedback on the declining service in housekeeping and reception on my recent stay 2-5 May.

I am saddened that the well know for service software Amari seems to slide. Your hotel is always my first choice when I stop over for both business and leisure.

Two of the days 3/4 May bottles of complimentary basic water was not given. So I called for it, came promptly with apologies. But should they have a tick list for checking before rendering the cleaning and replenishment complete.

Next is the night set of reception crew....lead by Yongyan Mankamsn ( night manager).
The check out at 6 am on the 5 May left me upset and hurt.... And almost near disappointment.....

Reception Korrajett showed me a bill with error..... Of two nights and some calls .
So I told him that my room is already pre paid upon booking .....through chorus and I will pay for the calls made during my stay.

Two nights with the points claim and one night already pre paid.

So I told him to dig out the customer check in folio....which he refused..actually I shouldn't be telling him what to do....... Also delaying my time to catch a taxi to the airport for my flight...

At the same time just beside me , there is another guests with similar issue....this didn't help the matters that is concurrently happening....

Then the night manager appeared.... He didn't offer immediate solutions and looked very tried or just about as lost.

Without checking ...he showed me the bill for the second time....so I went crazy....taxi is awaiting....and so I told the night manager... Look... I have no time to waste for your errors when all has already been pre paid and I just left my 100baht asking him to keep the change for the calls made....

He had bad body language and refuses to accept my solution...right ....so... I said ....do whatever he wants....

And so I requested for a tax invoice for the calls of 96 baht and also to cancel my card swipe upon check in which Yongyan refuses to do so.

And I left.......upset.... The hotel leaving the team with another guest that is checking out.

But I must say.... That the Concerige and luggage team service remains high on standard of service with Pui kon leading them.

As I finally boarded my taxi and rushing off ...the nice bell boy even asked me if everything is alright and if I needed anything..

I really think you should investigate this situation and revert on your actions for the possible chance of returning guests in the near future.
The attitude displayed by both The manager Yongyan and Korrajett is below average.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BubblesEito
Dear BubblesEito,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on you recent visit in Bangkok. I am very sorry and disappointed to read about your stay and genuinely appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to follow up on your experience and to ensure our services are up to standards.
Please rest assured that your comments have been shared and appropriate actions have been taken; once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and I do hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in your upcoming visit to Bangkok to redeem ourselves.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 8, 2014

First visit to Bangkok and the Amari Watergate was a very nice place to stay. Highly courteos staff and a nice ambience greeted us. The tradinational welcome was really nice. The hotel is ideally located wtih many mall and shopping centres in and around. Food at the hotel was ncie but didnt get to taste any traditional Thai food. Good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank vinayk1975
Dear vinayk1975,
Thank you for taking the time and writing about your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience and that you were able to make the most of our advantageous location. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangkok
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed May 8, 2014

High quality service is the hallmark of this hotel. Valet parking, reception staff, restaurant staff and chambermaid all provide excellent friendly service which is a credit to the hotel. Breakfasts were excellent and the recently upgraded rooms have all possible amenities.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear khellon,
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to read that we were able to provide you with a great experience and I look forward to welcome you back soon in your home in Bangkok.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Always stayed here whenever in Bangkok, no regrets each time! Location is great! Just across from the Platinum Shopping Centre, Pratunam Market, Palladium Shopping Centre... and within walking distance from Big C Supermarket, Central World. Stayed at the executive floor, staff were great! They were friendly, attentive and prompt in their service!! Definitely recommended as the place to stay in Bangkok!

Room Tip: Executive Floor offers greater privacy and less crowded esp during breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear PhyllisLing,
I am very humbled and pleased to read your lovely comments and on behalf of the team here at Amari we all look forward to welcome you back soon in your home in Bangkok.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was my 2nd stay with Amari Watergate Bangkok. It was my wife's 1st stay at the hotel and it's kind of a short getaway to celebrate her 52nd birthday. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted warmly by all the staff we came accross. As experienced before, the hotel front liners are very efficient and courteous. The Concierge team were magnificent, always ready to assist with your needs and thanks to Mr Praprute (Chef Concierge) who organised the birthday celebration for both my wife and our friend. Both ladies were very impressed with the service and attitude of the staff. The rooms were great and there's nothing to complain. We had a very awesome stay and will definitely return to Amari Watergate Bangkok soon. The plans had already in placed for our next visit.
NorÁzali / Rashidah (Singapore)

Room Tip: Higher floors with Platinum mall view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Norazali,
We would like to thank you for your kind words. We are elated to hear that you had terrific stay with us. Our staff is truly our greatest asset and we are so happy that you felt well taken care of and we look forward to welcome you back soon in your new home in Bangkok.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Once again, back to this hotel for the second time. Great location if you are heading to Bangkok for shopping as it is directly opposite the Platinum Mal. However, traffic is a pain. This is one of the famous places in Bangkok whereby the traffic is a disaster.
Room is clean and spacious. No complains about the service as everyone can speak somewhat fluent English.
We gave breakfast a miss as we are not early birds and there is a huge range of food at the top floor of the Mall as well as by the roadside.
Will I be back? Yes but I will not bring my parents back as the flight of stairs leading to the hotel lobby might be an issue.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear chuamel,
First of all thank you for your continuous loyalty. I am delighted to read that our team was able to provide you yet again with a memorable experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back in your home in Bangkok